Poll: Mission Tables: Yay or Nay?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll be honest. I used to hate them with a passion. Especially in WoD. BUT, I have recently found them to be kinda fun. Like a little sub game within the overall WoW. It has progression (gearing up your champs), and nice rewards (tons of money). Plus, the phone app makes it nice to be able to play it when you are not able to log into the game (i.e. at work.....but don't tell my boss). So....I like them now. I will probably hate them again in a year :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care, im fine with it, but if it got removed I wouldn't give a shit.

Of course they're well-liked.
    Poll people who take handouts whether they like welfare. I sure wonder what their opinion will be.

It's free rewards for non-gaming activity. Purely a means to keep you logging in on a consistent basis. The table's popularity is probably the ultimate proof that most players care about the loot more than the challenge or experience of playing WoW. Sad state of affairs.

I voted yes because it's sometimes something fun and extra to do. However, like in Legion, when leveling and playing alts, having to keep up on progress of your followers is horrible. I think my current Orc Rogue main, his followers are still at 850. I refuse to do any more of them.

Alts should have easier routes to get their followers up to par as your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    free gold and raid loot isn't awful.
    it is awful. it goes against the principles of an RPG where any competitive advantage requires effort to achieve.

a "hey, you achieved this and this, so have this as well just for keeping a subscription (please keep logging in! thanks, blizzard)." system just cheapens the experience for everybody, whether you're a hardcore world first raider or someone who just likes to poke LFR. it's dumb and needs to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    It's free rewards for non-gaming activity. Purely a means to keep you logging in on a consistent basis. The table's popularity is probably the ultimate proof that most players care about the loot more than the challenge or experience of playing WoW. Sad state of affairs.
    also, this.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I voted yes because it's sometimes something fun and extra to do. However, like in Legion, when leveling and playing alts, having to keep up on progress of your followers is horrible. I think my current Orc Rogue main, his followers are still at 850. I refuse to do any more of them.

Not sure why you think it's so hard. Just do the Antorus questline (approx 2 hours) the moment you ding 110, and you will be well on your way to 950 followers. It's minimal time investment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    It's free gold and free "whatever" for everyone, effectively devaluating gold and whatever. It was empirically evident in WoD, especially. Not on WoD levels, but it also helped the inflation in Legion too. This is a dumb reason to like it because freebies hurting the game's economy. How? I do not play in 877 different alts, I have a fucking life. People who do play in bunch of different alts drive the prices of pretty much everything up, effectively making my limited gold less valuable.
    It is not that much gold. you can make much more, many times more by playing the AH, or just Picking a good proffesion

10+ Year Old Account
    it is awful. it goes against the principles of an RPG where any competitive advantage requires effort to achieve.

a "hey, you achieved this and this, so have this as well just for keeping a subscription (please keep logging in! thanks, blizzard)." system just cheapens the experience for everybody, whether you're a hardcore world first raider or someone who just likes to poke LFR. it's dumb and needs to go away.
    And yet it doesn't take long therefore ppl continue staying online.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with having two poll options like this, is it's black and white. Often in life, things are more complex than simply 'love or hate'. Ever heard the term 'shades of grey'? Therefore I can't answer as either option would be a lie.

I don't love mission tables, nor do I hate them. I'm mostly indifferent towards them. They simply don't bother me. I don't find them fun or massively helpful, but I don't think they should necessarily just die off either. They could maybe be used differently. The implementation is a bit bland; it would be nice to see missions either have more effect on the world like phase an area, give better rewards outside of gold, or develop into a quest for the player.

I'm surprised the OP even asked this question. Not only have such threads popped up for years now; there are plenty people you meet in game who use the tables regularly and have no issues with them whatsoever. I have one such person in my guild who happily uses the tables on all her characters every day and has amassed over 5m gold just off them in Legion alone.

What on earth made you think NOBODY liked them, OP?
    Last edited by Will; 2018-05-01 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I'm just thinking about how much resources they're putting towards adding it in every expansion and how that effort could be used in other, more interesting ways than "Let NPC's do your job for you with none of the fun."
    im glad you know how much work and resources go into the mission table.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    It is not that much gold. you can make much more, many times more by playing the AH, or just Picking a good proffesion
    In legion, you are probably right but in WoD, mission table by far was the best way to get gold. Not everyone plays AH, or capable of playing the AH, but mission tables are easy and is mainstream.

I like that you can do something from the mobile app. Although I send my followers to all gold missions I would prefer not to have them because they are too easy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    In legion, you are probably right but in WoD, mission table by far was the best way to get gold. Not everyone plays AH, or capable of playing the AH, but mission tables are easy and is mainstream.
    that doesn't necessarily mean people like it though. You can appreciate its gold making potential but still hate using it. In fact a few posters said just that. Then of those who don't use it to make gold daily like me, there may be the feeling of missing out.

Deleted
    I LOVE them! They are an amazing addition to the game, at least I have that "home" to return to and do few missions here and there. I don't like PvP, like most WoW players (Blizzard own words) and you don't see me going around making silly threads about that.

Also, you are allowed to have your own thoughts, you know. So many people quoting what some random people on the internet say these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    that doesn't necessarily mean people like it though. You can appreciate its gold making potential but still hate using it. In fact a few posters said just that. Then of those who don't use it to make gold daily like me, there may be the feeling of missing out.
    And in the end, it'll all come down to personal choice.

Hate using it (lol, just use an addon) but feel the goldmaking outweighs your feels? Go ahead and use.
    Feel that you're missing out? Either put in the required time and start making gold, or choose not to and keep missing out.

The Mission table design in Legion is a far better beast than it was during WoD, and I'd be hard pressed to see what type of content was "left out" so that we could have the mission table function... People just love their hyperbole.

Logging in each day and managing my characters and their missions doesn't take very long, but it adds an additional layer of reward and management that I really enjoy.

Deleted
    I am sorry, but are we in Legion or in WoD? Yes it was WAY to stupid in WoD, and it was better in Legion, and I think it mission tables are in BFA?(not sure) but it have atleast gotten better, and that is my Point NOW it is not such a problem

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am sorry, but are we in Legion or in WoD? Yes it was WAY to stupid in WoD, and it was better in Legion, and I think it mission tables are in BFA?(not sure) but it have atleast gotten better, and that is my Point NOW it is not such a problem

Gold doesn't magically disappear when a new xpack starts. WoD created the infilated economy, and mission tables in Legion aren't helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post

you can go to broken isles and for 400(?) shards you can purchase BOA token gear to increase follower ilvl to 880 i think?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    This mentality is everything wrong with wow: free loot and gold, sounds wonderful right? Such things should never ever be free and makes it so that Any loot feel more or less unexciting. Anyway, i know im in the minority thinking nothing should be free.
    Someone has a flare for the drama, I see. Fortunately, my mentality is not "everything wrong with wow," and because I as an individual (including my singular mentality) have no sway over whether Blizzard implements the mission table or not, I can either choose to use it to my advantage, or be like you and turn my nose up to easily attained rewards. You can either keep up with the current or get swept under.

I've played since Vanilla, I appreciate the grind and the payoff. I was one of the first Priests on our server to acquire Benediction/Anathema, as an example. I'm aware of the satisfaction it gives to work hard for raid loot and be one of the select few to have it. Blizzard's design structure is what's changing WoW, not my mentality. Don't mix the two.

I love them... all that extra gold generation.