Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Those are not tentacles. They don't look like void tentacles ... they look like a dreadlock ... which is hair. Just declaring something a tentacle doesn't make it a tentacle.
    Those aren't dreadlocks, they are fleshy appendices known as tentacles. Just take a real close look at them ingame.

I don't think you know what the word contradiction means.
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This will never happen. The HE zealots can't accept the devs did what they did mostly for subjective reasons, because that means they can't prove the devs wrong. Without that, the chance of the decision overturning (especially in the short term) greatly diminishes.
    I haven't seen anyone who fits that description.
    My problem is solely with the reasons the Devs have given their fans. They are weak and they very much seem not to be true in game.
    Of course.

As for the rest, I agree ... my response to you was because nothing you said actually countered the issue Pro-Helfers are arguing for.
    Actually it did. The point was that they can't argue against a purely subjective view. That's all encompassing lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Right.

Of course.

Actually it did. The point was that they can't argue against a purely subjective view. That's all encompassing lmao
    Thanks for proving you don't know what contradiction means. You didn't really need to do that.

No Helfer disagrees that the Devs used purely subjective reasons for their decisions ... their problems is those reasons aren't objective. In other words, Pro Helfers ACCEPT that the reason is subjective but would prefer that they were given an OBJECTIVE reason. Did you forget you stated the words "can't accept"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those aren't dreadlocks, they are fleshy appendices known as tentacles. Just take a real close look at them ingame.
    I have. They aren't tentacles.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Thanks for proving you don't know what contradiction means. You didn't really need to do that.

No Helfer disagrees that the Devs used purely subjective reasons for their decisions ... their problems is those reasons aren't objective. In other words, Pro Helfers ACCEPT that the reason is subjective but would prefer that they were given an OBJECTIVE reason. Did you forget you stated the words "can't accept"?
    Hello? You're saying that I'm wrong that pro helfers are trying to turn this argument objective and then you say that their problem is that those reasons aren't objective?

Are you okay?

I have. They aren't tentacles.
    Sure that is hair

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/9e...1c829a7e90.png

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello? You're denying that I'm wrong that pro helfers are trying to turn this argument objective and then you say that their problem is that those reasons aren't objective?

Are you okay?
    That's not what you said before. You stated they can't accept the subjective reasons. That isn't what you are saying now. If you said that Pro-Helfers can't accept they won't get an objective reason ... no problem. What you stated was they can't accept a subjective reason. Those aren't synonyms.

- - - Updated - - -

Just declaring something a tentacle doesn't make it a tentacle.

You do know there are things in our world made of hair that don't look exactly like hair right?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

That's not what you said before. You stated they can't accept the subjective reasons. That isn't what you are saying now. If you said that Pro-Helfers can't accept they won't get an objective reason ... no problem. What you stated was they can't accept a subjective reason. Those aren't synonyms.
    Thats....exactly the same. The point of not accepting subjective reasoning is because the objective reasoning they have a chance of winning. If anything, you misinterpreted what I said, because that was exactly the point. Reread my comment.

Just declaring something a tentacle doesn't make it a tentacle.

You do know there are things in our world made of hair that don't look exactly like hair right?
    If it helps you sleep at night.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats....exactly the same. The point of not accepting subjective reasoning is because the objective reasoning they have a chance of winning. If anything, you misinterpreted what I said, because that was exactly the point.
    Again, it isn't they don't accept the subjective reasoning is they prefer objective reason. These aren't synonyms more matter how hard you declare them to be.

You were not clear in your stance. If you stated they can't accept they ONLY get subjective reasoning ... that's closer. But you stated they can't accept subjective. These don't mean the same thing.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-01 at 11:59 PM.
    –The Sith Code

I'm a pro-Helfer but if Ion is against it we can't really do much. I don't even play alliance but I really liked the idea of being able to interact with high elves as players instead of them being empty npcs.

Also it doesn't help that Blizzard are always parading Vereesa and Alleria around so much. Who knows, maybe he'll change his stance on high elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it helps you sleep at night.
    I am sorry logic doesn't seem to make sense to you.
    –The Sith Code

Again, it isn't they don't accept the subjective reasoning is they prefer objective reason. These aren't synonyms more matter how hard you declare them to be.
    Really is quite obvious as to why they'd prefer objective reasoning lmao

There's no need to be coy here. An infant would be able to see why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really is quite obvious as to why they'd prefer objective reasoning lmao

There's no need to be coy here. An infant would be able to see why.
    I am not being coy. You just can't accept that what you type isn't what you meant and now you are choosing to push the blame on me rather than accept you weren't clear.
    –The Sith Code

I am not being coy. You just can't accept that what you type isn't what you meant and now you are choosing to push the blame on me rather than accept you weren't clear.
    I'm not sure how this wasn't fucking obvious as fuck:
    This will never happen. The HE zealots can't accept the devs did what they did mostly for subjective reasons, because that means they can't prove the devs wrong. Without that, the chance of the decision overturning (especially in the short term) greatly diminishes.
    The entire point of this comment was to laugh at how pro helfers were taking Ion's side comments so seriously. Why were they taking them so seriously? Because they're objectively questionable. Therefore, they have a chance of saying "Ion's POV is flawed, so that means if we show him that he's wrong, then he must come to his senses and give us High Elves!" There's a fucking reason why these people want objective reasoning behind High Elves being a thing. It fucking increases the chances of them happening. Dramatically.

As I said before, this is a laughable sentiment. You misunderstood my quote. Good job.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how this wasn't fucking obvious as fuck:
    The entire point of this comment was to laugh at how pro helfers were taking Ion's side comments so seriously. Why were they taking them so seriously? Because they're objectively questionable. Therefore, they have a chance of saying "Ion's POV is flawed, so that means if we show him that he's wrong, then he must come to his senses and give us High Elves!" There's a fucking reason why these people want objective reasoning behind High Elves being a thing. It fucking increases the chances of them happening. Dramatically.

As I said before, this is a laughable sentiment. You misunderstood my quote. Good job.
    Yeah, I don't see how you think that's what you said.

You seem to not understand what you said and think it says something you didn't.
    –The Sith Code

Yeah, I don't see how you think that's what you said.

You seem to not understand what you said and think it says something you didn't.
    Well, you are the one who perceives a Void elf head tentacle as something that it clearly isn't, so I guess this is likely a wasted effort of me continuing to reply. You don't seem to see things correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you are the one who perceives a Void elf head tentacle as something that it clearly isn't, so I guess this is likely a wasted effort of me continuing to reply.
    That's because unlike you I actually think about what something is rather than label it as the first thing that pops into my mind.

The problem is you think you said something you really didn't say. Hell, one word added makes your statement what you are claiming ... it's not my fault you failed seventh grade English.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-05-02 at 12:15 AM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy we have this woke person telling us they are not tentacles.

In before Blizzard officially calls them tentacles and we get an entire thread filled with why Blizzard is wrong about their own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess at this point I'm just not understanding what the anti-HE crowd are doing? Reminding us that Ion said "no, not anytime soon" (blizzard "soon" btw)? Okay lol

It's not like that suddenly and magically takes away the desire for people to have them playable in game, it just lets us know. "Well don't hold your breath" and I think most understand that?

People are still free to discuss them, their presence, create fan art for them. Don't understand the people trying to make all this stop?

It's no different than people creating threads about "Titan playable races" or "Horde Humans" or "Dragon playable races" o.o

The main purpose of answering that question was to make sure the numerous topics/"spam" themselves die down on High Elves. Even if everyone were to say completely stop talking in this thread it doesn't suddenly mean the desire went away.

Like I said, the mere presence of people discussing something others don't like and in turn "triggering them" is what I find the most hilarious.

My stance now is, enjoy the game for what it is, and see what new, if any, stories pop up for high elves in BfA. If nothing does, then cool - still going to play the game as long as it brings me fun. Seeing NPCs in Warfronts and Expeditions is still nice even if High Elves aren't playable. Because personally they're still an interesting race.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You’ve had 13 years worth of Blizzard’s stance being to not add them and it was just recently reinforced.

It’s over. Let go of your denial and accept it.
    What we had was 10 years without the allied race system who justifies such thing as HE, get over it.