Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The more I read about the Unholy changes the more I want to swap over to DK in BfA hahaha... mained it in wotlk, cata, mop but changed to monk/hunter in legion buuut.... with survival being the only nice hunter spec (imo) dk could be back on the cards.

Thinking a troll or maghar orc unholy dk could be pretty fun this expo.... has anyone tested the new changes yet or are they not on the beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    We lost fucking abomination talent for that shitty Death Grip cd reset on kill, GJ to everyone that complained about abom we lost one of the coolest talents.

- - - Updated - - -

STFU dude you barely get the killing blow in M+ or even death grip as a DPS unless yo want your tank bitching at you, and as for interrupting shit as i said you barely get the killling blow to be worth it also you have 3 other ppl to interrupt shit if a cast that should be interrupted goes out its because everyone in your group is bad, its a fucking useless talent.
    This guy salty because he hasn't got his big dumb abomination. "coolest talent" is subjective so your complaints holds no bearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    The more I read about the Unholy changes the more I want to swap over to DK in BfA hahaha... mained it in wotlk, cata, mop but changed to monk/hunter in legion buuut.... with survival being the only nice hunter spec (imo) dk could be back on the cards.

Thinking a troll or maghar orc unholy dk could be pretty fun this expo.... has anyone tested the new changes yet or are they not on the beta?
    Sorry to be the one to break with to you but you wont be able to be a Mag'har Deathknight.

Mag'har Orcs can be the following classes:
    Hunter: Melee or Ranged Mail DPS
    Starting Pet - Wolf
    Mage: Ranged Cloth DPS
    Monk: Tank, Healer, or Melee Leather DPS
    Priest: Healer or Ranged Cloth DPS
    Rogue: Melee Leather DPS
    Shaman: Healer, Melee or Ranged Mail DPS
    Warrior: Tank or Melee Plate DPS

:'( i wished for the same but apparently they may revise this in future expansions.

Deleted
    After testing the new unholy build a bit, I can say it has one big issue, the same one it had at the start of Legion: if you have less than 20% haste it's a dead spec because you constantly end up resource-starved. It might be fine at 120 when geared up but to leveling it in its current state.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    After testing the new unholy build a bit, I can say it has one big issue, the same one it had at the start of Legion: if you have less than 20% haste it's a dead spec because you constantly end up resource-starved. It might be fine at 120 when geared up but to leveling it in its current state.
    At least this time we know going into the xpac how crucial the haste stat is and will be going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    At least this time we know going into the xpac how crucial the haste stat is and will be going forward.
    Didn't Ion say in one of the earlier QAs that secondary stats are going to be less relevant than in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    This guy salty because he hasn't got his big dumb abomination. "coolest talent" is subjective so your complaints holds no bearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to be the one to break with to you but you wont be able to be a Mag'har Deathknight.

Mag'har Orcs can be the following classes:
    Hunter: Melee or Ranged Mail DPS
    Starting Pet - Wolf
    Mage: Ranged Cloth DPS
    Monk: Tank, Healer, or Melee Leather DPS
    Priest: Healer or Ranged Cloth DPS
    Rogue: Melee Leather DPS
    Shaman: Healer, Melee or Ranged Mail DPS
    Warrior: Tank or Melee Plate DPS

:'( i wished for the same but apparently they may revise this in future expansions.
    Troll it is then :P

Deleted
    Yes, you can be a normal troll but no the new ones :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    the devs have already said they are looking to ajust deathcoil cost, this will change how the whole spec flows

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Yes, you can be a normal troll but no the new ones :'(
    that's fine... 20% haste on berserking will be pretty good

The issue isn't that we're whining over Death's Advance being added. It's that you need to forgo survivability (already a very weak point for DK) to get WW back. So at baseline mobility is objectively worse than it was. Both DA and WW should be baseline, and another shield/survivability talent added to replace WW. Either that or a talent that buffs what we already have, instead of the bitter pill of having to forgo survivability to get the worst movement ability in the game with the exception of, ironically, Death's Advance.

The rest of the changes are exciting and I already have some ideas about potential m+ builds. One thing I would like to see changed is Sweeping Claws in DT made to be 360 around your pet, because it's currently a cone, which could cause major issues.

You can play as an Orc with brown skin right now due to the DK special skins. And in BfA, you will also be able to have the upright posture.
    So unless you just really wanted the Mag'har racials and/or their Heritage armor set, brown-skinned Orc DKs are already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazdk View Post
    The issue isn't that we're whining over Death's Advance being added. It's that you need to forgo survivability (already a very weak point for DK) to get WW back. So at baseline mobility is objectively worse than it was. Both DA and WW should be baseline, and another shield/survivability talent added to replace WW. Either that or a talent that buffs what we already have, instead of the bitter pill of having to forgo survivability to get the worst movement ability in the game with the exception of, ironically, Death's Advance.

The rest of the changes are exciting and I already have some ideas about potential m+ builds. One thing I would like to see changed is Sweeping Claws in DT made to be 360 around your pet, because it's currently a cone, which could cause major issues.
    I agree about DPS Dks being squisher than they should especially when compared to the mobility and survivability of others.

However I think it should be the reverse a bit. The devs want us to be slow, so receiving both Death Advance and Wraith Walk as abilities will probably never happen instead we should receive Death Pact, or maybe Corpse shield (or something similar) as an additional ability for free and then the other one put on the talent row. So now we would have an extra defensive for free, we could talent in a stronger runic shield, or an extra movement ability or an extra all purpose defensive.

Frost should get that old armor ability it had back in wrath.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2018-05-02 at 03:46 PM.

now that we have the first iteration of changes i would like to see changes that work in the current and future M+ climate

All will serve - your scourge strike/clawing shadows reduces the cooldown of Army of the dead by 4 seconds and gargoyle by 1 second
    (just remove minion, this talent would still thematically fit as it would be a way to get more undead into play rename it "more will serve" if you must lol)

Infected claws - Bump the affect upto 50%

Soul Reaper - this talent entirely depends on its Coeffecient, as it currently stands its far to weak at 70% (or 2 death coils of dmg) every 45 seconds... or DC is overtuned?

Unholy Blight - reduce the CD to 30 second else it will only be specced to cheese certain raid boss fights while never being taken for M+, conversely it will be good for just ineffecient pure burst in PvP scenarios (Ebon fever is more single target and AoE dmg over the course of 1+minutes with the current coefficients)

im fine with the current utility tiers

Corpse explosion - i know your simply testing this out, but as it currently stands this is your patchwork pure single target talent (which is fine) but its only here because the other 2 will never be used in pure single target

Epidemic - great change giving us a RP AoE dump however i would prefer if this just became "summon Shambler" same dmg just visually and thematically better, Virulent eruption the passive effect of our baseline disease is basically this talent in all facets. careful with this coeffecient else it will be better than Death coil single target.

Defile - DnD that does double the baseline dmg with 5 seconds shaved off the CD? no complaints here (though 20 second CD would always be better greedy)

all Tier 100s make sense except Dark Infusion its need some unique functionality or to simply have "more" attached to it like buffing all pets crit and haste by 20% while DT is active and apply to all will serve/Army/Apoc ghouls as well.

so Tier 100 would have a Pet buff/focus talent in Dark Infusion, a personal buff in Unholy frenzy and a super pet summon in Gargoyle (something for everyone)
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2018-05-02 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    You keep trying to make a shitty talent looks good, also what you said makes no sense at all you should try to learn what stun locking means. Its a talent that would be decent for like 2 trash mobs, if thats good for you you should learn your class a little better, also if it can be gripped it can be stunned, again learn your class better. And one more thing you sound like +20 are a big deal try doing +25 then you can brag about it.
    Imagine going through life as braindead as you are. Yikes.

I was so set on playing Survival Hunter for BfA but Unholy just feels so nice to play now. single target and aoe feels great. Epidemic is a nice addition to death and decay for aoe with virulent plague spreading everywhere.. Overall i'm very happy with the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    So Unholy lost the Sludge Belcher? Welp there goes my RP as a high ranking undead with my own abomination body guard, you will be missed Gurgleface. The second hook will also be missed but if it means sacrificing that for baseline Apocalypse, I'll gladly make that trade.
    Considering they already put work into updating the pet models, it seems like a good opportunity for them to add an Abomination glyph - which in many peoples' opinions, they could have done in the first place, in part because the talent overwrote other glyphs.

As for the second hook, it was always a nightmare to micromanage IMO, since you always had to fight the abom's natural "I'm gonna charge into melee range!" AI; the ability to reset Grip's cooldown will be quite helpful, although I might have preferred if Death's Reach gave Grip a second charge rather than 5 extra yards.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

actually the only negative I see at the moment is healing, we have none without spending a ton of RP to do so, no-one would ever pick death pact over wraith walk either. hunter gets 10% passive leech, do we get any?

I got a beta invite today(or yesterday, didnt even touch my pc yesterday) So I'm gonna give unholy a try and report back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    Didn't Ion say in one of the earlier QAs that secondary stats are going to be less relevant than in Legion?
    Yup and they're already backpedaling on it. Their vision and their class design teams aren't on the same page apparently.

Unholy at 116 so far, feels fine, survivability is a bit of an issue but damage feels strong. I do a lot more than my survival hunter and I thought survival was doing pretty damn well when I tested it. Cleave, ST and AoE are all strong for unholy now.

It'd be nice to see some sort of passive leech put in place for Unholy.. Survival hunter gets 10% leech from pet and it makes life a hella lot easier.. Ideally I'd like a ghoul taunt and death coil to heal the ghoul like back in the old days BUT that's never going to happen.

All in all I give Blood a 8/10 and Unholy an 8/10 so far.