Poll: Are you happy with BfA [Class Design]?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    My thoughts - BFA at 110 - classes are far slower and watered down than now.

However, multiple devs have already talked about how they're trying to get classes a basic foundation that can be built on for every expansion going forward. This means simplifying things so they can make them more complex and fun with each expansions "feature". In this case, it's the Azerite Armor, in Legion's case, it's the Artifacts and Legendary Gear.

I personally will be reserving judgement, until I see things at 120 with the Azerite Armor.

Deleted
    Unless I'm missing something, my main spec, Assassination, sounds good so far IMO. More of the same, with trading Kingsbane for Dispatch + Blindside proc, which I loved.

Having to press offensive cooldowns independently on GCD is going to suck for pretty much everyone though. Should have made it like FFXIV where cooldowns are OGCDs but you can't do them all at once, making you weave them in-between GCDs. IMO that would have flowed better without slowing it down so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    It was a nice feeling to get new spells with new expansions. Getting to a new level and BAM, new spell.

These days we seems to be loosing spells with every expansion. That sucks.
    Think they have actually said they plan to remove any new spells to keep button bloat down..it is insane. Look at ffxiv they pruned this xpac and yet have more skills then we do in legion(they added about 5 new per class). It is insane how blizzard thinks removal is good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, my main spec, Assassination, sounds good so far IMO. More of the same, with trading Kingsbane for Dispatch + Blindside proc, which I loved.

Having to press offensive cooldowns independently on GCD is going to suck for pretty much everyone though. Should have made it like FFXIV where cooldowns are OGCDs but you can't do them all at once, making you weave them in-between GCDs. IMO that would have flowed better without slowing it down so much.
    Definitely agreed. Funny thing is this may actually up ffxiv numbers ir push tiwards a new mmo as the biggest complaint i hear from mkst who tried ffxiv is the "slow combat" and how fluid wows it..removing that may cause more issues then most realize

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Just cancelled my subscription after trying beta. All they've done is taken away your artifact traits, given you a couple back as a new feature, slowed down your classes, made them clunky, maybe given you your artifact ability back, as a talent replacing another or removed it completely.
    As a Fury Warrior, it takes 4.5 seconds to charge in, pop your cds and then play. Don't get me started on how long it takes to fill your rage bar. *yawn*
    BFA is gonna crash harder than WoD, at least WoD had somewhat decent class design, even with no content there was fun stuff to do, BFA? Who wants to slowly press 3 buttons? They're giving us vanilla servers for that, WoW should be improving, not going back in time.
    Goodbye guys, been fun yo
    Watch what happens to people's reactions who are not in beta and they unleash this crud on the live servers. BFA class design + Pruning 3.0 + GCD changes = disaster

I am quite happy with it atm, though I do think hunter got a lot of love from blizz. (Aside from MMs aoe which seems questionable)

I do think the gcd changes are overhyped, Warriors, tanks and maybe healers (I don't know enough about all the healing specs, but I don't think it hurts all, some who do wombos like hpally i'm sure, but with resto druids 2 they wombo being combined, I don't see an issue with them) might experience a notable change. But outside of that? Maybe a dps spec or 2?

Seems a bit dumb when I see people with 1 or 2 dps CDs on 2-3minute cooldowns, complaining about their spec being so insanely slow now, when in reality it's a 1-2 second downtime across 2-3minutes for specs who have 100% active time.
    Or when warriors say they're going to have to sit there for 3 seconds doing nothing but pressing and waiting for dps cds gcds (When they clearly won't do that cd stacking anymore)

I'm all for complaints when it's valid, but some of these complaints are pretty dumb. People with 1 cd on a 3minute cd, complaining about their spec now being slow.. I actually can't comprehend this.

Class design is why I won't play this expansion. It's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The same thing they do every expansion. Remove some stuff, Add some stuff, move some stuff around. "Game is dead and class design is awful and broken, fire the devs" -A wow player, 2004-2018
    Except this hasn't been a complaint since WOD when they started pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I mean, I feel like this game has gotten so much harder than ever, at least in terms of dexterity/fast decision-making, there very well might be just 3 skills but you better be pressing them all in right order or your output is going to suffer pretty heavily.
    I prefer slower paced gameplay focused rather on planning and such, so I often joke around saying that current WoW feels too much like some sort of "guitar hero" game to my liking.
    What decision making? There's almost no decision making. The classes that are on a priority system tend to be slower paced. The classes on a hard rotation are faster paced, but they have a fixed rotation. There's still very little to "decide." Also keep in mind that when numbers are inflated as they are right now(2m+ single target damage), performing 10% worse is 200k damage. It makes it seem like it's worse than it is. On beta, this would be closer to 9k vs. 10k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    What decision making? There's almost no decision making. The classes that are on a priority system tend to be slower paced. The classes on a hard rotation are faster paced, but they have a fixed rotation. There's still very little to "decide." Also keep in mind that when numbers are inflated as they are right now(2m+ single target damage), performing 10% worse is 200k damage. It makes it seem like it's worse than it is. On beta, this would be closer to 9k vs. 10k damage.
    There's no difference between those two examples though. 1,8m vs 2m or 9k vs 10k, the relative difference is still 10%... (which is too high imo, but that's on Blizz balancing, and has nothing to do with how big the numbers are).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory