Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What was you favorite iteration of warrior?

For me MoP fury, Cata Arms and MoP prot

Worst would be all 3 specs in legion

- The offensive prot build of WOTLK with armor penetration and shield block/block rating
    - SoO fury. This is my favorite of all time, for all 3 specs.
    - Arms......I don't know, though Dragon Soul arms with Gurthalak was nuts on damage. I honestly liked the FR playstyle, but I HATED the tactician RNG.

Fury - TBC patch 2.4.3, WOTLK patch 3.3.5
    Arms - Cataclysm patch 4.3, MOP patch 5.4
    Prot - Some point between WOTLK and Legion, though not a fan of the current iteration after the mid expansion redesign. Until recently Prot basic gameplay had not seen a major overhaul since WOTLK as it was generally really good, while the other specs saw multiple major overhauls.

Earlier versions of the game were more about resource management and less about RNG, also the dps was more consistent and not over the top on "clockwork" like timed bursts that could make or break your performance depending on a lot of factors that could often be out of your control. That said old versions of the game were more gear reliant and extremely raid buff reliant. I was a fan of the early Focused Rage Arms gameplay once gear got good (880+) with the right legendaries (gloves/ring), pretty much how it was for the early parts of nighthold when a lot of the ridiculous early expansion RNG brutality had been reasonably ironed out.

Remember victory rush when it did big damage (identical to Bloodthirst) instead of healing? Fun times.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-05-01 at 11:23 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Gladiator warrior ..RIP

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistXirvant View Post
    For me MoP fury, Cata Arms and MoP prot

Worst would be all 3 specs in legion
    You have good taste. I'm a big fan of Gladiator and consider WoD prot and Cata Fury equally acceptable to what you said, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fury - TBC patch 2.4.3
    Same, the good old time when fury was about using 3xBT and 2xWW each 18 sec. A skill each 3 sec, nothing better. Don't forget the execute phase: Spam execute, then Spam execute, then Spam execute, so much depth. To bad all the proning removed all those layer of gameplay.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Cata Arms 4.3 .That was the best iteration of that spec. Nothing else even comes close. And the short lived, much missed Gladiator stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Same, the good old time when fury was about using 3xBT and 2xWW each 18 sec. A skill each 3 sec, nothing better. Don't forget the execute phase: Spam execute, then Spam execute, then Spam execute, so much depth. To bad all the proning removed all those layer of gameplay.
    Pretty short sighted description of how the gameplay actually functioned in practice, or why it was good/enjoyable.

The secondary layer gameplay revolved around rage management and heroic strike usage, good timing of berserker rage (to maximise rage on damage intake), good usage of bloodrage, proper rage pooling before sweeping strikes, refreshing rampage at the right time, knowing the AP/rage thresholds for when to drop Execute for BT, and along with that threat management.

The RNG was all centered around the rage bar (via auto crits + flurry procs), which means in every moment you were evaluating your next move (do you HS/Cleave or not) and that choice could make or break your dps output for the next 5-10 seconds, since causing a rage starve would mean likely missing an instant that could proc flurry, on the other hand wasted rage means not enough HS usage which means less WF procs (since whites can miss and thus not proc WF), so keeping the rage balanced and having the right rage the right time was key, and that was the enjoyment/engagement of the spec.

In practice I'd say Legion Fury is easier to play just out of the fact that it's so like clockwork without the moment to moment possibility of losing out by shooting yourself in the foot, you always have something to press to move things forward so you have almost nothing to lose outside of timing your cooldowns correctly and executing the right order of buttons on the those bursts, until encounter mechanics plays a role (the worst of which is losing jugger stacks).

But it was never about what is easier to play or what's most complex it's about what is your favourite and 2.4.3 had the right flow and engagement, you felt the progression of gear over time from T4 where you're carefully managing rage and regularly starving to Sunwell where you're able to go flat out.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-05-03 at 07:06 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

WoD Gladiator Warrior.

Or single minded fury warrior from earlier.

I hate duelwielding 2handers. it's disgusting.

Arms - Gonna go with Legion, but I don't pay too much attention to Arms after finding Fury more fun since forever.
    Fury - Legion. Been improving every expansion, so far.
    Protection - Not sure... Maybe Cata since that's when I actually tanked.

Always tough to pick favorites for me, especially when I've only given much focus to Fury for years now, and I don't think about past iterations much since I don't see the point in digging around in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Gladiator warrior ..RIP
    Indeed i kinda enjoyed it, also made it easyer to pick up the task as tank when needed.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's been so many over the years, my top five would be:

1: WoD Gladiator (Such a fun spec, was very engaging).
    2: MoP Fury (loved the furiousness of it and seeing seven figure stormbolt crits made my day).
    3: Legion Arms pre-FoB/TM nerf (loved having WW as an Arms filler again).
    4: TBC Arms (Loved the mechanic of timing Slam with the AA swing timer, and having raid utility fury didn't).
    5: WotLK Arms (Arp is love, Arp is life).

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is "Wrath of the Lich King, for all three specs".

In general, I'm assuming that those picking other things started playing in Cataclysm or later.

5.4 (SoO) Fury & Arms, Legion Fury with legendaries and CoF not far behind.

Never played prot or fury much so focusing on arms.

I liked the Wrath arms alot but didn't play much back than so I have to say 4.3 arms is my favorite. I like that Overpower is back in BfA but I want it to get back to were it procced from Rend, doge and parry again. Back in the days I was a huge PvP watching nerd and I Think that Wrath arms was the by far funniest and skillful iteration to Watch from a PvP perspective.

Deleted
    For Protection, I like this current iteration. I can't dig Intervene and Charge being the same buttons, but two charges help.

For Fury I loved WoD's. The only Fury that really hooked me in.
    This one is fun, but does not do much for me. And I regret not playing the MoP one as much as it deserved.

For Arms, WotLK.
    God knows I played the game solely to be better at playing the spec than anyone else playing it or the same class. And I know it too.
    It lacked so much, and still had everything I wanted. Cata onwards gave me more to play with, but how content I was with my bags cluttered with gearsets for this or that thing and a number of things I saved for that specific scenario.

The necessary sidenote is that only MoP's WW gave me the same exhilarating feeling that playing Arms in late 2009 to 2010 did.

Deleted
    Mained warrior at the beginning of Pandaria after playing hunter for years because I wanted to try something completely different. MoP Fury was my favourite iteration of the spec that I've played so far. I miss Heroic Strike (gone but not forgotten). The damage potential was great if you got the rotation down so it felt rewarding to master. Even the little details, like a decision between Titan's Grip or Single Minded Fury and talent choices that felt impactful. Maybe it's just rose tinted glasses and nostalgia but I really loved fury in MoP

Legion also has a pretty good flow when you get the right legendaries and all the weapon traits but I wish there was a bit more complexity outside of just pooling rage or pressing all cooldowns at once. It's not bad by any means, it just feels a bit braindead to me

Hopefully they will make some meaningful changes in BfA (a man can dream) because at the moment it looks like more of the same minus the cooldown stacking

Cata Arms and Legion Fury.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Mop Arms
    Legion inner rage fury
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Prot: WoD - Gladiator is life and WotLK - offensive build.
    Arms: WotLK
    Fury: Cata(DW Gurthalak was just too good) and WoD SMF