Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Jesus Christ, there is no way they'd add that. The PR blowback would be insane.
    You literally commit suicide as one of your options in the Demon Hunter storyline. Many quests in WoW have involved you committing suicide.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    You literally commit suicide as one of your options in the Demon Hunter storyline. Many quests in WoW have involved you committing suicide.
    You don't HAVE to. You can kill the other guy. His ghost ends up following you into the class hall. But yeah if you play the genre savey player and remember "Oh yeah I can just res" he will kill you, Illidan will give you a lore explantion while you run back to your corpse and instead of the guy's ghost, he'll show up in person and he'll be bewildered you're alive.

DK are former "heroes" turned into servant of the Lich King. Now they are free, but I think only the Lich King could create new DKs. That explain why Pandarian (hidden all this time) or new races are not and cannot be DKs.

Only Pandarian and the new Allied Races can't be DKs... its not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Not those no, but Zanda and DID, yes. They were around, just not in large numbers. Let a person have to have unlocked both races and have a 120 DK.
    The races that can already be Dks are already questionable. We don't need to bend lore more just to please DK players who think they are eternally the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The races that can already be Dks are already questionable. We don't need to bend lore more just to please DK players who think they are eternally the victim.
    News flash, no one cares about the Lore this late into the games life cycle. They couldn't even come up with a story line for a new expansion so now we're just back to Alliance Vs Horde LOL.

Despite my previous statement, it actually makes less sense to not allow some races to be DK. New death knights were being raised all of Legion so why can't we raise all the new Dead Void Elves? Oh wait...there is no reason other than Blizzard Is LAZY to figure out a way around the level 55 heritage armor problem and don't wanna take an extra couple weeks to overhaul the DK starting zone/talents.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2018-04-12 at 09:41 PM.

I think going forward they will do something. Maybe not for BFA but for whatever comes after. They could solve some issues just making a new starting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryg121 View Post
    No, there shouldn't. If I see a Nightbourne DK the lore's retardation level is over 9000.
    Are you daft?
    A new startingzone would explain why and how that makes sense lol
    Something along the lines of "bolvar orders DKs to raise more DKs"
    Why would the knights of the ebon blade ignore the corpses of pandaren, nightborne, highmountain, light forged, void elves, mag'har, dark iron, zandalari, and kul'tirans?

Jesus Christ, there is no way they'd add that. The PR blowback would be insane.
    In a tabletop setting I was in, in order to become a paladin, you had to atone for your sins at the conclusion of your training with your life. Then you were resurrected.

They could that for new DKs, only without the atonement. Maybe just a really firm, "are you sure about this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Katojan View Post
    In a tabletop setting I was in, in order to become a paladin, you had to atone for your sins at the conclusion of your training with your life. Then you were resurrected.

They could that for new DKs, only without the atonement. Maybe just a really firm, "are you sure about this?"
    I've nothing against it from a Lore standpoint, but with something as big as WoW, they simply can't do it. There's no way it wouldn't get mainstream media attention. Imagine the headlines. "WoW now wants you to kill yourself." "First it addicts you, then it kills you." "Suicide is not a game."

I've nothing against it from a Lore standpoint, but with something as big as WoW, they simply can't do it. There's no way it wouldn't get mainstream media attention. Imagine the headlines. "WoW now wants you to kill yourself." "First it addicts you, then it kills you." "Suicide is not a game."
    It'd be murder, technically.

Still not the best for PR, but it's DK as fuck.

Deleted
    Haha, or how about false promises of power, then you realise that its not what you expected so you try to escape but eventually the mobs just get to hard and kill you. cut scene happens and then your awake a necromancer, dk, lich etc.... i know this is way out there and i dont think it will happen nor would i want that but still fun to speculate.

15+ Year Old Account
    So any opinions on current race options for BFA? Or is blood elf still going to be the most useful race. I personally like orc dks for aesthetics, but my dk is currently blood elf for AT and the crit
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So any opinions on current race options for BFA? Or is blood elf still going to be the most useful race. I personally like orc dks for aesthetics, but my dk is currently blood elf for AT and the crit
    Remember that Arcane Torrent is a dispel now.

Necromancy exists.
    The Lich King exists.
    There is no reason that Death Knights couldn't be raised again. Not sure why we need more races for them, but I wouldn't mind either.
    As it is, it's much more important to open up Demon Hunters to non-elves.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Necromancy exists.
    The Lich King exists.
    There is no reason that Death Knights couldn't be raised again. Not sure why we need more races for them, but I wouldn't mind either.
    As it is, it's much more important to open up Demon Hunters to non-elves.
    It just entirely depends on if blizzard wants to pool resources to do such a thing or not. Nothing stops anyone from being a DH or DK (except maybe void elves with DH because ya know the void...) but new races would need a new starting experince. It's true zandalar or dark iron existed during wotlk but they weren't part of the horde and have no reason to even join the horde during wrath (nor would anyone accept them).

With that said they 100% should create a new starting experience for post wrath races and move goblin and worgen to the new starting space too (because goblin and worgen dk's are the biggest oversight in the game)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Technically every race can be raised as DK :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'm not sure about that,ebon knights consider themselves as monsters and wouldn't raise new death knights

Now I know what you're thinking,Legion DK campaign

But that was the most lorebreaking campaign in game and took a massive dump on wotlk ebon blade lore,so it should be ignored

Raising new death knights is going too far,as death knights are sentient unlike ghouls and geists
    Yet we raised new horsemen this expansion.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

If they add the San'Layn Elves and they don't give the choice to Death Knights to become said San;Layn i will riot !!! :3
    For the Glory of Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Yet we raised new horsemen this expansion.
    Dod you read the other 3 lines of my post? :P

I believe the new lore for death knights and demon hunters is coming on the expansion after BfA.

BfA is allied race focused, as legion was new class (demon hunter) focused. So it is natural that the expansion after BfA will return with lore focused on a new class.
    Also Blizzard has already stated that hero classes won't get any new stuff in BfA, only in the next expansion.

This means that both demon hunters and death knights might be able to get new cosmetic stuff and new races, while another hero class is added (one or even two new hero classes). The hero classes (old and new) could be relevant for the next expansion, while the normal classes are now relevant in BfA.

My bets for the new hero class(es) are for dark ranger, tinkerer and/or battle mage.