1440 P GSync Monitor

Hello,
    Im in the market for a new monitor and im looking for a 1440p Gsync Monitor. I have a GTX 1080 as my GPU. Can anyone suggest one to me?
    Im prominently seeing one for Asus and one from Acer mentioned but thought I might get some feedback. 27 inch and above preferred.
    Thanks.

Edit: In retrospect, i should have put the word help or advice in the thread title.

Dell S2716DG.

The 24' version is the best choice for 1440p 24' Gsync, so i would guess the 27' isnt half bad considering at least from where i am from its cheaper than the ASUS options.

Apparently Revision A04 of the screen is faulty and avoided but overall its a top choice for its price.

Unless you are going the ISP panel way if you watch movies in bright room a lot ;p

Then Viewsonic XG2703-GS or the AOC AG271QG since both are 165Hz monitors, and after that the usual ASUS PG series.

All these monitors have 2 things in common..

They all need color adjustments to what you like seeing, therefor lots of people cry about that.

And secondly because they are expensive, in reality not many buy them, so thats why their reviews all over the place if someone doesnt like something and you cant really decide what the fuck you want.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-05-04 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Might also look at Samsung https://www.samsung.com/us/computing...c27hg70qqnxza/.
    It's FreeSync2, not G-sync, so that might be bad.
    Ah should have drank coffee first, 1080, so ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Hello,
    Im in the market for a new monitor and im looking for a 1440p Gsync Monitor. I have a GTX 1080 as my GPU. Can anyone suggest one to me?
    Im prominently seeing one for Asus and one from Acer mentioned but thought I might get some feedback. 27 inch and above preferred.
    Thanks.

Edit: In retrospect, i should have put the word help or advice in the thread title.
    just bought this one: https://www.materiel.net/ecran-pc/as...nc-120489.html

very happy with it, its a beast.

note: if you have an nvidia card, get a gsync monitor, not a freesync one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dell monitors are good bang for your buck, I have the 2716DG and its been great.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Dell 2716DG that Potis suggested is a pretty solid monitor. Dell has a good warranty for their monitors too.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dell S2716DG.

The 24' version is the best choice for 1440p 24' Gsync, so i would guess the 27' isnt half bad considering at least from where i am from its cheaper than the ASUS options.

Apparently Revision A04 of the screen is faulty and avoided but overall its a top choice for its price.

Unless you are going the ISP panel way if you watch movies in bright room a lot ;p

Then Viewsonic XG2703-GS or the AOC AG271QG since both are 165Hz monitors, and after that the usual ASUS PG series.

All these monitors have 2 things in common..

They all need color adjustments to what you like seeing, therefor lots of people cry about that.

And secondly because they are expensive, in reality not many buy them, so thats why their reviews all over the place if someone doesnt like something and you cant really decide what the fuck you want.
    Yeah that was the most confusing about it. Ive also heard that the Asus and Acer ones had batches with a lot of dead pixels, which further added to the confusion. IVe seen the Dell and I thought it was a good option to but someone i know looked at it and said "OMG TN Panel! so lame!" (his words exact) and here I was thinking what hes on about.

Yeah that was the most confusing about it. Ive also heard that the Asus and Acer ones had batches with a lot of dead pixels, which further added to the confusion. IVe seen the Dell and I thought it was a good option to but someone i know looked at it and said "OMG TN Panel! so lame!" (his words exact) and here I was thinking what hes on about.
    I am at the same boat, my simple 60Hz screen is going bad and i need to replace it by the end of summer, i chose to go the 400e way of getting a 24' Gsync+144Hz monitor to cover everything.

Reading reviews from everywhere, my own country, amazon, monitor reviews etc, you simply can not make any sense.

Not many buy them, people post whatever crap they want as a review, and therefor there is no accurate image of what is what.

And the saddest part is..all these monitors pretty much use the same panels eventually.

The newer models are starting to come out slowly as AoC released their newest models with a new TN Panel a month ago, here is hoping more will release in the next 3 months.

Either way, after looking into it for awhile the only real choice is whether you want a TN or IPS panel (assuming you have between 550-800e to spend!), all companies use the same shit eventually, if you are unlucky and its a bad batch, you are unlucky, RMA it, looking into it further is just a pointless headache.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-05-04 at 02:31 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dell 2716DG is a great monitor. I'd shop around for i though. i think i paid 450 for mine.
    I'll tell you this though. 1440p monitors look great but for games like WoW it's not as great as it is for newer games for obvious reasons. So if you really primarily play WoW, i'd probably go for a decent BenQ 1080 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    The Dell 2716DG is a great monitor. I'd shop around for i though. i think i paid 450 for mine.
    I second this part. I've seen them as low as $350 just within the past month or two. Best buy even had a few open box for $300
    Last edited by Vertigo X; 2018-05-04 at 03:22 PM.

if you are using more than 1 screen, then Gsync has a big issue you might want to be aware of. Whenever Gsync is enabled in your games, your other monitors are prone to flickering (was a big deal breaker for me, as I constantly kept noticing in my side-view that the 2nd monitor was flickering). I've ended up just not using the Gsync part of my monitors because of that, if that is not an issue for you, then go ahead.

Thanks all for your input. I know that the s2716DG goes on sale a lot so I'll keep an eye out for it. Also, i didnt know that the gsync causes flickering in multi monitor. i was thinking of using my old one as a secondary but i might pause on that. Thanks for that info.

Thanks all for your input. I know that the s2716DG goes on sale a lot so I'll keep an eye out for it. Also, i didnt know that the gsync causes flickering in multi monitor. i was thinking of using my old one as a secondary but i might pause on that. Thanks for that info.
    Illl third or fourth the Dell. I just grabbed one Open Box from Microcenter about six weeks ago for 350. (Supposedly something wrong with the stand, but it all seemed to work fine as far as i could tell and i was going to wall mount it anyway). Great monitor so far. Colors were very good out of the box, especially for a TN panel, and required minimal calibration.

Also, if you have a place nearby that sells them, AOC’s new “AGON” gaming line is actually pretty solid and uses the exact same panel as the two Dell models (24 and 27”), and is usually cheaper.

I have a ROG Swift, they came out with an updated version since I bought mine, but I've had no problems with mine.
    What I've noticed with most of these monitors is that you'll want to buy them local if possible. You tend to get quite a few with a bad amount of bleed in them, ESPECIALLY if it's an IPS panel.