Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Re playing a Zandalari Troll

Let me see if I have this correct; In order to play a Zandalari troll as my main, I will have to level an alt to 120, do a bunch of max level content, finally unlock the Zandalari creation, and only then can I start to level up my new main. Really?

If you don't like it, don't play. Not sure why you'd want to play a Zandalari troll without doing Zandalari quests beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    Let me see if I have this correct; In order to play a Zandalari troll as my main, I will have to level an alt to 120, do a bunch of max level content, finally unlock the Zandalari creation, and only then can I start to level up my new main. Really?
    Or just race change with a couple of tokens and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just play your main, unlock the zandalari and race change it. Or just accept that fact you have to unlock a race to be able to play it and level a completely new toon - really isn't that mind boggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they ARE available at launch? I thought Blizz said they weren't available in the base expac and were being patched in later. IE you can lvl to 120 and get exalted with whoever you want, you still can't play Zandalari until later.

Which I assumed was because Kul Tirans are still not very far into development.

pretty much... yes or if you have free time/money - RC to zanalari (as people above said)

oh and yes - before doing part of "bunch of max level content" you must wait till they will be released

or you can just race change once you've unlocked the ZT (i'm not saying it's ok, but you still have the option)

Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be available at launch after playing through the appropriate scenarios. The Zandalari and Kul'Tirans will not be available until a later patch, presumably 8.1 or 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    So they ARE available at launch? I thought Blizz said they weren't available in the base expac and were being patched in later. IE you can lvl to 120 and get exalted with whoever you want, you still can't play Zandalari until later.

Which I assumed was because Kul Tirans are still not very far into development.
    YOu ahve to be exalted with the specifc rep that is tied to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be available at launch after playing through the appropriate scenarios. The Zandalari and Kul'Tirans will not be available until a later patch, presumably 8.1 or 8.2.
    Have they confirmed the "patch"?
    Allthey said was that they were not going to be available at launch.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, see this is what I heard. It doesn't matter if you get exalted with Zandalar at 120 etc, the playable Zandalari physically not in the game at launch.

Allied races are essentially just a scam to get you to pay for race changes .

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    they said "later after launch". This can be not 8.1, but rather 8.0.5 (middle patches). But 8.1 have now higher chances after dataminers found zandalar raid in 8.1

Zandalari won't be available at launch anyways. If you plan on playing BFA day one, it's basically guaranteed that you'll be able to unlock them by the time they are playable. So fear not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    they said "later after launch". This can be not 8.1, but rather 8.0.5 (middle patches). But 8.1 have now higher chances after dataminers found zandalar raid in 8.1
    We have a Zandalari raid in 8.0 as well, there is no reason for Blizzard to arbitrarily push back the race. We'll just have to see.

I don't know why everyone is defending Blizzard when it comes to this. They presented Zandalari trolls and Dark Iron dwarves as a selling point of BfA, and I had no idea that'd we'd have to unlock them later. Also, people keep saying it makes sense that we have to wait to earn their trust and whatnot, but this wasn't true for previous races. Like we didn't have to do a bunch of shit to unlock draenei, blood elves, or the other races that were added later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I don't know if they specifically used the word "patch", but they said "later in the expansion" and very heavily implied it wouldn't be in the launch patch along with Mag'har and Dark Iron.

That said, it could be 8.1, which given Legion's pace of content could be within three months of the launch of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Harper View Post
    I don't know why everyone is defending Blizzard when it comes to this. They presented Zandalari trolls and Dark Iron dwarves as a selling point of BfA, and I had no idea that'd we'd have to unlock them later. Also, people keep saying it makes sense that we have to wait to earn their trust and whatnot, but this wasn't true for previous races. Like we didn't have to do a bunch of shit to unlock draenei, blood elves, or the other races that were added later on.
    Get a refund if you feel ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    We have a Zandalari raid in 8.0 as well, there is no reason for Blizzard to arbitrarily push back the race. We'll just have to see.
    Uldir is Titan facility raid. i meant http://www.wowhead.com/news=284001/p...-zuldazar-raid this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harper View Post
    The difference with those races is they all got their own starting zones to explain who they were and why they were joining our factions. Allied Races, in order to cut time and get more into our grubby hands faster, aren't getting starting zones, and the story that would normally be part of a starting zone for a race is instead the unlocking process for that race. As a bonus reward, they start at a higher level than other races.

That makes a ton more sense. They jumped the gun revealing Zandalari and making their counterpart dark iron dwarves..

Like DIDwarves are awesome and all, but Zandalari are on a whole other level.