I don't see how it would be dumb. The Horde's been relying on them for their numbers for over a decade now if you all are being accurate about your Horde Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Where do you see the Silver Covenant in Legion? Just a few dudes here and there.
    They're part of the Insurrection questline and Dalarans still stuffed with Helf Kirin Tor mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    They've added more in BfA on top of those in the Void elf starting area. A group in the Warfronts. Plus some dude that works as part of the Island Expeditions. It seems like the group that was in Outlands is coming home to go back to work at bashing orc and troll skulls like they did back in their last major war (the Second War).
    They added mages to Stormwind, they're in the warfronts, theres the Aurics Angels guy and I found a Kirin Tor helf captured by the witches. So far I've only found one group of Void Elves. (outside the Lordaeron scenario, and even thats upstaged by the gnomes they port in imo)I really wonder how relevant the Void Elves will ever be, once we tackle the obvious looming Void threat (and even there it'll probably just be Alleria) I kind of expect them to just wither out of relevancy like every other new introduction while High Elves will be continually sprinkled around for expansions to come. I'm anticipating another Illidari situation to be honest. Which is sad.

I hope I'm wrong, cause theres a lot of cool potential in the Velfs but I just cant see blizz delivering in any real meaty way.
    Last edited by mmoce8e1af4db8; 2018-05-05 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    wtf dude if he says no is no, stop rolling the roll with that crap.

His comment is something like: 'do you remember vanilla servers?/alliance shamans?/dark iron dwarves?/demon hunters?'

Don't try to twist that because you look like a clueless guy by doing that.
    Really ? I thought that if he says "no", you guys just remain in denial and claim he actually he said :"maybe" ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Really ? I thought that if he says "no", you guys just remain in denial and claim he actually he said :"maybe" ?
    So you are guessing instead of looking into what happens? Is not the fault of others if you do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    of course pal, what a dev say is canon lore, if you don't agree then you don't agree with canon lore thus using your own fanfic trying to dismiss what they said

is checkable that they are wrong

Blood eles are high elves, they are the same race, end

what, are you high? am i trying to make others leave? am i wit a gun on your head or something? so you are wrong

you are here crying and whining because dad ion said no, you are the one who don't like what he said, and keep trying to turn the things out, "im crying and whining for HE but i will saying people are crying and whining to not have then, i am a genius"

dumb things? like wanting HE?
    Twisted asumptions, trying to mock me for the sake of it, saying i'm lying without backup, saying i'm crying without anything pointing to it...

You're just a low level forum troll, try harder.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-05-05 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So you are guessing instead of looking into what happens? Is not the fault of others if you do that.
    Well in terms of high elves being playable on alliance (since they are already playable on the horde), we saw nothing happen in past 14 years. And it looks like not much will change in next 14

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well in terms of high elves being playable on alliance (since they are already playable on the horde), we saw nothing happen in past 14 years. And it looks like not much will change in next 14
    Allied races 3 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the fact Allied race were introduced as a system less than three months is ridiculous as a perceived trump card when High Elves were almost certainly one of the first races considered for the system and Blizzard introduced Void Elves instead.

And when asked about it, Ion has explained why they made that choice.

Deleted
    of course pal, what a dev say is canon lore, if you don't agree then you don't agree with canon lore thus using your own fanfic trying to dismiss what they said
    rip falstad, and screw you red shirt guy and your fanfic about how falstad survived

7+ Year Old Account

Twisted asumptions, trying to mock me for the sake of it, saying i'm lying without backup, saying i'm crying without anything pointing to it...
    youa re the one whos tarted sayig im crying and whining, so now you are sad that i sadi t you? :<

youa re crying without anything to back up, when ion said "there are not tongs of HE" and you cry "BUT MUH SILVER CUVENANT" is not back up

You're just a low level forum troll, try harder.
    no, im pretty sure im already in a high lv, pointing out delusions is my hobby

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    rip falstad, and screw you red shirt guy and your fanfic about how falstad survived
    "hey look at me im taking 2 different things and putting in the same measure to back up my own fanfic"

Deleted
    "hey look at me im taking 2 different things and putting in the same measure to back up my own fanfic"
    "he totally wrecked me and i dont know how to strike back, so i come again with 'irrelevant comparisons' excuse"

Thumbs up for that

- - - Updated - - -

" pointing out delusions is my hobby"
    Sorry Syeg, i just cant agree with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    "he totally wrecked me
    HAHAHA oh dear, you are just in another lv of denial, keep going on with your false equivalence games, but i warn you will be null and void

as much as I love the idea of High Elves... Blizzard clearly doesn't want to add them... yes, they said it is possible in the future, but anything is possible.. it's not the same thing as saying "they might"... also... stop with the hate... this discussion has created a lot of hate within the community. If they decide to add them, fine... if they decide against it, fine... at the end of the day it's their game, they can do what they want. As far as this debate... make it more friendly... there is no reason for all the negativity.
    also I must say, all the concept art that has been done for the High Elves... it's just beautiful

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Using the fact Allied race were introduced as a system less than three months is ridiculous as a perceived trump card when High Elves were almost certainly one of the first races considered for the system and Blizzard introduced Void Elves instead.

He gave the answer he had to give based on their current plans.

I like how no Anti-helfers aren't commenting on the fact that John Hight in a recent interview already said they have them all planned out. Can certain notices make them change their plans? Certainly, but has he said, they definitely have a plan.

When you take these reasons it's very clear to see that the races we know of right now were already planned from the get go.

1) They wanted Legion races given before BfA. So this makes HM, NB, and LF self explanatory.

2) Alleria was hinted at in WoD to be related to the Void or at least where one of her arrows were found. Thus that was clue meant to show her story leading to what happened on Argus.

Her Void Elves were given as a prop to her story, now she can be more involved. Vereesa is the leader of Silver Covenant and instead of making Alleria the leader for High Elves they just gave Alleria her own set of elves so she can be a leader herself.

Y'all have to face it that regardless of High Elves, Void Elves were made to give Alleria more story than anything else. Of course we will probably see some development of Void Elf story because they're the one lacking much at all compared to the other 3 legion races.

3) Now we look forward to the BFA races. Obviously Zandalari and KT are self explanatory, expansion centered around their landmasses.

So what about Dark Iron and Mag'har? Here they've mentioned that Dark Iron were the ones that based on player feedback they decided to implement. This because they've been asked for many years (hmm sounds familiar to High Elves don't it?).

Because really take a moment to think, what would they pair Mag'har with? High Elves? They already released a set of elves, they're not going to release another set so soon.

4) That interview also says that the way they decide on AR is to see which faction is having too much of one thing (cute races vs tough ones) and then they decide to give that theme to the other faction to balance it out.

Like they say from that interview, "Horde can't just be all ugly races right?" This made me OMEGALUL .

So based on the above info, it's pretty clear to see why High Elves wouldn't come out right away. I mean someone could say the same thing about Ogres, they've been highly requested for so many races and why didn't they come out with Ogres immediately?

It's always going to be incredibly stupid to take the position of "if it's not in now, it never will be" that some people are taking, since Blizzard has a pretty open track record of eventually implementing things that have historically been highly requested. Even if it takes them "forever" to get around to it and even if previously they've explicitly said "no" on the matter (spoiler: Ion didn't say No High Elves forever).

But yes, all Anti-helfers, keep taking the position that since something isn't in now, it'll never happen. We already see some saying if High Elves do happen then they'd most likely play one (of course most would that's why they're clearly popular).

Like that Ron Jeremy poster said, they can always develop High Elves to make them different enough to be added if they currently don't feel up to snuff. It's very clear that their plan with Allied Races right now is going to be to come out with the biggest visually different races.

Again this is supported by Dark Iron over Wildhammer, Void Elves over High Elves, Kultiran getting extremely new looks, etc. Heck even John Hight said that Mag'har complete clans idea was because you can't tell much difference between the Orcs when they're armored up (hm same arguments people brought up with regards to Void Elves vs Blood Elves) hence why they decided to include all the clans in one go. So they're not stupid, they want the races coming out right now to be visibly different enough through armor. So yeah High Elves as they are currently would fail this test.

But let's see what happens the next time elves get added to the Alliance. And oh yes we will see more elves, not for a while but someone would have to be pants on head dumb to think no more elves will get added.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

I like how no Anti-helfers aren't commenting on the fact that John Hight in a recent interview already said they have them all planned out. Can certain notices make them change their plans? Certainly, but has he said, they definitely have a plan.

When you take these reasons it's very clear to see that the races we know of right now were already planned from the get go.

1) They wanted Legion races given before BfA. So this makes HM, NB, and LF self explanatory.

2) Alleria was hinted at in WoD to be related to the Void or at least where one of her arrows were found. Thus that was clue meant to show her story leading to what happened on Argus.

Her Void Elves were given as a prop to her story, now she can be more involved. Vereesa is the leader of Silver Covenant and instead of making Alleria the leader for High Elves they just gave Alleria her own set of elves so she can be a leader herself.

Y'all have to face it that regardless of High Elves, Void Elves were made to give Alleria more story than anything else. Of course we will probably see some development of Void Elf story because they're the one lacking much at all compared to the other 3 legion races.

3) Now we look forward to the BFA races. Obviously Zandalari and KT are self explanatory, expansion centered around their landmasses.

So what about Dark Iron and Mag'har? Here they've mentioned that Dark Iron were the ones that based on player feedback they decided to implement. This because they've been asked for many years (hmm sounds familiar to High Elves don't it?).

Because really take a moment to think, what would they pair Mag'har with? High Elves? They already released a set of elves, they're not going to release another set so soon.

4) That interview also says that the way they decide on AR is to see which faction is having too much of one thing (cute races vs tough ones) and then they decide to give that theme to the other faction to balance it out.

Like they say from that interview, "Horde can't just be all ugly races right?" This made me OMEGALUL .

So based on the above info, it's pretty clear to see why High Elves wouldn't come out right away. I mean someone could say the same thing about Ogres, they've been highly requested for so many races and why didn't they come out with Ogres immediately?

It's always going to be incredibly stupid to take the position of "if it's not in now, it never will be" that some people are taking, since Blizzard has a pretty open track record of eventually implementing things that have historically been highly requested. Even if it takes them "forever" to get around to it and even if previously they've explicitly said "no" on the matter (spoiler: Ion didn't say No High Elves forever).

But yes, all Anti-helfers, keep taking the position that since something isn't in now, it'll never happen. We already see some saying if High Elves do happen then they'd most likely play one (of course most would that's why they're clearly popular).

Like that Ron Jeremy poster said, they can always develop High Elves to make them different enough to be added if they currently don't feel up to snuff. It's very clear that their plan with Allied Races right now is going to be to come out with the biggest visually different races.

Again this is supported by Dark Iron over Wildhammer, Void Elves over High Elves, Kultiran getting extremely new looks, etc. Heck even John Hight said that Mag'har complete clans idea was because you can't tell much difference between the Orcs when they're armored up (hm same arguments people brought up with regards to Void Elves vs Blood Elves) hence why they decided to include all the clans in one go. So they're not stupid, they want the races coming out right now to be visibly different enough through armor. So yeah High Elves as they are currently would fail this test.

But let's see what happens the next time elves get added to the Alliance. And oh yes we will see more elves, not for a while but someone would have to be pants on head dumb to think no more elves will get added.
    Nice one!

Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-05 at 02:52 PM.

Its like beating your head against a wall.

Their plan for high elves is simple. Return to silvermoon and/or become void elves. High elves will be extinct after bfa
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    NEVER!
    OH YOU!

My issue with high elves has always been faction bluring. To hear Ion say the same thing reinforced my belief in this. You can actually find quotes from me saying this in my post history long before Ion said it.
    Yep, and that is a point I agree on. That's all Ion had to say really. It's a reason enough. Now, I do think people find stuff a bit too offensive some times. I don't particularly see the "rudeness" in his answer, though if I were die hard High Elf-fan I would maybe feel a bit sad about it. But that's okay.

What I found a bit funny was the reaction from Ion and Lore when the question got brought up. I can see that they have been paying attention to this hot topic :>

5+ Year Old Account
    youa re the one whos tarted sayig im crying and whining, so now you are sad that i sadi t you? :<

youa re crying without anything to back up, when ion said "there are not tongs of HE" and you cry "BUT MUH SILVER CUVENANT" is not back up

no, im pretty sure im already in a high lv, pointing out delusions is my hobby

- - - Updated - - -

You were the one starting to say that others come here to cry, you're still a low level forum troll.

You don't even take the argument that falstad could be dead today if Red Shirt Guy didn't pointed that out in that Blizzcon just because it goes against what you want, that's being an asshole an you know it xddddd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

A trump card? please you're just so butthurt that you think i'm here using a fact as a trump card xddddddddd

If they considered HE and not added them it doesn't mean they couldn't consider it again, Demon Hunters and Death Knights were considered time ago before being implemented in the game, a lot of things were considered and not added before a time and even today we didn't got things that were on the table. Jeez it was in Legion when we got simple things like a 'stop in next point' with flying routes and our characters moving their heads when we select something nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

It's true that they both gave platitudes along the lines of "anything is possible," but the context was very different. Before I continue though, I'd like to point out that there is a difference between "it's always possible," and "anything is possible." One points out the possibility of a specific idea, the other says that possibilities are endless so perhaps there's also a chance for the idea in question. "It's always possible" is much more positive than the other, because it implies that there is a specific reason to believe that something is possible, rather than implying that the reason something is possible is because anything is possible.

Anyway, there would be no need to manage expectations like that if they were had any interest in pursuing a high elf allied race. No one opens a sales pitch by going explaining all of the problems something causes, and they are always trying to hype up the potential for future content. Think about all the suggestions you hear at Blizzcon, and the answer is always, "Yeah, that's a cool idea, but we have other plans for <next expansion>." They never give a list of reasons something isn't happening unless they've already rejected the idea. Occasionally they'll say something like "That might cause x, but maybe there's a way around it." He gave no such qualifying statements.

As for why they added Void Elves, there were two reasons:
    Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    the Void Elf angle, as it tied into the story of Argus, the powers of Alleria awakened and was able to train others to harness, was able to give something that felt a bit like a Blood Elf but had a unique flavor of its own to the Alliance.
    So, yes, Alleria was involved. However, the second part of that sentence shouldn't be ignored, because that's where he explains that Void Elves were chosen instead of high elves. It's likely that they have had that planned out since WoD (or even before), but that doesn't change the fact that Void Elves were chosen over high elves. It's easy to assume that more elves will be added, but unless they have that unique flavor, they're going to have the same problems that they always have. That's why Ion went through the trouble of explaining those problems, and the fact that he expressed them in terms of their current concerns only shows that they haven't changed their position. Point being, he gave the answer he had to give base on their current plans and the way that they continue to make those plans.

PS: I can't imagine why anyone would comment about them having a plan; it's painfully obvious. How would they not have a plan by now about something as significant as playable races, especially when it's such a major feature of the expansion?

Ok, I've been extremely anti-High Elf, but after the possibility of San'lyan was reviled I recently I thought of a way to introduce High Elves and make both sides happy.

Perhaps in 9.0, Silvermoon is updated in the world and is integrated into the continent. All of Eversong Woods and Ghostlands have been forever changed. The Silver Covenant, lead by Vareesa Windrunner, have decided to reclaim their birthright and have launched a full-on assault.

So that's the story in a nutshell. What does this add for World of Warcraft?

Blood Elves/High Elves are now the 2nd Neutral race and will have an updated starting experience which will culminate in the player choosing their allegiance. A new battleground would be introduced around this story. This would also spark an alliance/horde conflict for w/e the new expansion is since the faction war will hopefully take a backseat after BfA.

To compensate the Horde for losing a core race they will receive a brand new race in Ogres. Perhaps the Gorian Ogres from WoD. Their starting area would be the continent in the bottom left of the Draenor map. Playable classes include: Mage, Warlock, Priest, Rogue, Monk, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Death Knight (Stone Maul Ogres). Racial Ability would be an AoE knockback.

The Demon Hunter Problem: When thinking of this I came to the issue of DH's. Right now they're the most racial exclusive class in WoW, one for Alliance and one for Horde. If Belves become neutral then how does that effect Blood Elf demon Hunters. Two solutions I thought of was A: All DH Belves are automatically Horde or B: the DH intro is updated with the training of new recruits, adding even more races.

Death Knights: In the quest where you speak to a member of your race, your conversation will be interrupted by an alliance elf who will try to influence you. At the end you choose which capital you head out to.

Allied Races: A: Gilgoblins will be the new Horde swap and mirror Nightborne H: San'lyan will serve as the mirror to Velves.

So lets recap. What does my idea add to WoW.
    • New Horde/Alliance conflict narrative.
    • New Battleground.
    • 1 new neutral race/1 new horde race
    • 2 new allied races.
    • More demon hunter races

What does High Elf allied race add?

• N
    • O
    • T
    • H
    • I
    • N
    • G

So that's it. I strongly believe that this way or something similar would be the only optimal way to introduce Alliance High Elves. Using allied races is not the answer when the system is deigned for reskins or new models entirely, not copy-pastes. But, if Blizzard decides to leave it as it is then I won't lose a single night's sleep.

In Ion we trust.
    Last edited by Varx; 2018-05-05 at 06:56 PM.