Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Another one that should take his truths to the courts.

Or stick with the "evul corporation"-narrative for 10 more years.
    Why would i take Activision Blizzard to court? And i never said they were "evul". What ever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    SO insidious that they are adding sub-races, something people have asked for for a decade. I'm calling my lawyer!
    Right! We should all lawyer up, let the world know what a scummy business they're dealing!!
    In fact, it could be hilarious, sadly Judge Judy doesn't deal with such cases I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think thats even worse. They're there and you can do the requirements for them you just can't have them because timegate.
    Well - that's up to people opinion. I not pleased but okay with it. There is probably reasons behind it
    1) lore. Blizzard clearly try to show the development of world history with it. Like you work for that grand prize, show how 2 factions (horde-zandalari/KT-Aliance) work for union. through xenophobia, arrogance, disaster, etc. As someone who love history of this game i am okay with it.

2) sad point it's probably people opinion. You can look on posts after blizzcon and after datamining. Players from Horde and Aliance compare new races. And on the BRAND NEW and cool Zandalari (new druid forms, great new lore, BIG grand city) Dark Iron dwarves look... bleak - so MAYBE for this you can say "thanks" to Aliance whiners, because of them blizzard desided to pull not so great Mag'har race (yeah they are cool, but thei racicals are... well - not good) so they not outshine eachother with Dark Iron, and as emergency push Zandalari to release them with KT (who now have cool Druid forms too).

2.5) faction balance. With "COOL ZANDALARI" released with "meh Dark Iron (meh by general, i like them myself and thinking to shift paladin to DI dwarf), we could see new wave of Horde players pulled from Aliance. And releasin KT after that won't help much, because people will have established characters and/or too lazy to level another or pay for faction change.

3) You must take everything from Blizzcon with grain of salt and always keep in mind that trailer from there (if it's not final) created to show EXAMPLES of what you can expect from Expansion. This not mean that you will get everything shown there right from the start (at least if release date not 2 weeks after blizzcon eh). So they show Zandalar - and you will get them. Later but still. And get much more than shown, because we already know about 2 new races (maghar and KT).

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Why would i take Activision Blizzard to court? And i never said they were "evul". What ever that means.
    The fact that you proclaim that people will defend "anything Activision Blizzard does", suggests something far more sinister than them adding flavor (aka more customization options) races based on 10+ years of feedback.

Someone else called what they're doing "insidious". Perhaps there'll be a Spotlight-esque movie made about it all someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    That is the dumbest answer I have heard yet. Killing the Lich King was something no one even knew for sure was going to happen when the expansion launched, and not even half of players killed him while it was current content. For the Majority of players it wasn't even part of the game for them. The expansion was mostly new zones, the new class and new dungeons. All was content that can hardly be considered earned rewards. Almost all was available at launch. Take your revisionism and begone.

- - - Updated - - -

So as a Highmountain Tauren, you literally meet the Highmountain again while questing? HAHA, that blows a pretty big hole in the argument about "It's for the story!" As one of the sparkly Draeni, do you invade Argus again? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is, this rant has me thinking about prepurchasing and resubbing sooner than I was planning. That free week Blizz sent me recently, and all the beta news has me itching to play. Plus they tend to send me Beta invites more often when I'm prepurchased and currently subbed. BfA would be my 5th WoW beta, 7th Blizz Beta overall.

That bolded part made me chuckle quite a bit. Haven't you had enough of the people in this thread tearing your asinine argument to pieces?

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you proclaim that people will defend "anything Activision Blizzard does", suggests something far more sinister than them adding flavor (aka more customization options) races based on 10+ years of feedback.

Someone else called what they're doing "insidious". Perhaps there'll be a Spotlight-esque movie made about it all someday.
    Calling it sinister is dumb. It's greedy and lame but not sinister.

on top of my previous post
    this already just imagination/hope
    4) maybe they hold zandalari because they want to add DK class to them, so they took time to create few quests wich show why Zandalari/KT DK didn't go their home after getting free will (Zandalari can have agreement with Bwonsamdi for maybe destroying Arthas - because loa of graves hate undead, KT just think that he will be burned on sight by Order of Embers for being undead, so he chose to stay there and get his vengeance and maybe place to exist/ideas how to return home).

Calling it sinister is dumb. It's greedy and lame but not sinister.
    And calling it greedy and "lame" is as lazy an argument as always.
    By that metric, anything they ever did was "greedy and lame".

Must be some sort of feat of strength for putting out such a product that keeps on going.

7+ Year Old Account
    And calling it greedy and "lame" is as lazy an argument as always.
    By that metric, anything they ever did was "greedy and lame".

Must be some sort of feat of strength for putting out such a product that keeps on going.
    I guess you can't read. I never said everything they ever did was greedy and lame. And just because something lasts a long time doesn't mean its good. Just look at the Simpsons.

I guess you can't read. I never said everything they ever did was greedy and lame. And just because something lasts a long time doesn't mean its good. Just look at the Simpsons.
    And I didn't say you said that, I said by that metric. Guess you can't read?

Seeing as how from the very start, they had profits to account for.
    And yes, I'm aware of the hipster angle, it doesn't impress. Something lasting for a long time, doesn't mean it's bad and that people enjoying it, are wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I didn't say you said that, I said by that metric. Guess you can't read?

Seeing as how from the very start, they had profits to account for.
    And yes, I'm aware of the hipster angle, it doesn't impress. Something lasting for a long time, doesn't mean it's bad and that people enjoying it, are wrong.
    Just because they have profits to account for doesn't mean they can't put not a good product.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari and Kul Tirans are not in the game at all at launch. You CAN'T earn them. They do not exist. You have to wait until a patch of an unknown date.
    Umm..wat? You literally meet the Zandalaran Princess in the king 10 minutes into the expansion and most of the quests involve them. Same for Alliance and Kul'Tirans...

They are there... In fact, I bet we'll be able to play them in beta before game is released.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Just because they have profits to account for doesn't mean they can't put not a good product.
    And you're the one deciding if the product is good or not, rather than customers along with Blizzard's stats, figures, the profit strength of the game etc etc? Gotcha.

The one time they put out a product that was bad by objective measurements, they damned near killed the title.
    Enough said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Only if you have more money than sense.
    Word.

Never understood why people feel "scammed" when it is they that press them buttons, authenticate them transactions and decide what characters to put services on.

As recalled, I was scammed for real once when I made a purchase.
    I was buying fast food from a local restaurant. I handed over a 500 SEK-bill on a 150 SEK tab, they returned 150 and pocketed the remaining cash*.
    I was 7 years old.

Ergo, it must be a matter of deficiency when adults in charge of their own economy, so regularly feel scammed out of money from their hobby...

* It became known that the restaurant was doing this regularly when kids made purchases from them, my mom went over there and gave them a mouthfull of mother dragonbreath.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-06 at 12:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you're the one deciding if the product is good or not, rather than Blizzard's stats, figures, the profit strength of the game etc etc? Gotcha.

The one time they put out a product that was bad by objective measurements, they damned near killed the title.
    Enough said.
    Yes I do decide what a good product is, to me. I don't care what Activision Blizzard's stats say. If i think it's bad then to me it's bad.

Only if you have more money than sense.
    wasting <double digit> hours on leveling them is certainly even less sensible.

Not really, no one forces you to buy a race change. You can't blame blizzard for wasting your money. I'd rather actually play the game more and not spend money, race changing seems like a double-negative when you think about it - it's hardly a chore or takes that long to get to 110 (120 in bfa ofc) you can cap in literally less than 2 days still, that's hardly a long grind for an MMO.
    You clearly have no conception of how much your time is worth. I'd rather pay 20-25 bucks for a race change, before I spend 24 hours of my free time doing something that I don't like to get a new customization option like a beard (which is what half the allied races currently are). That isn't even up for debate, that's a trivial cost-benefit calculation, unless you are from a 3rd world country and you make like 50 bucks a month, which I hope you aren't because your family could do alot more usefull things with those 15 bucks/month. That is also ignoring how much you'd actually fuck yourself over if your main needs to gear up again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harper View Post
    I don't know why everyone is defending Blizzard when it comes to this. They presented Zandalari trolls and Dark Iron dwarves as a selling point of BfA, and I had no idea that'd we'd have to unlock them later. Also, people keep saying it makes sense that we have to wait to earn their trust and whatnot, but this wasn't true for previous races. Like we didn't have to do a bunch of shit to unlock draenei, blood elves, or the other races that were added later on.
    Well, those races weren't allied races were they? No. So different circumstances, the thing is this system is entirely new so that means we may not have to go through the same process to unlock different races, Like the 4 preorder races you did Legion content and got exalted yes? Well going forward we may have different requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what Blizzcon and the reveal trailer demonstrated. Which is why people are annoyed. You can argue it isn't honeypotting all you want but at the end of the day people preordered under the fair impression that Zandalari were coming at the same time as the dark iron.

- - - Updated - - -

I think thats even worse. They're there and you can do the requirements for them you just can't have them because timegate.
    Exactly! I completely understand gated content, and earned content, but never before has a new race been gated content. A new race isn't equivalent to a raid or zone or a mount. A new race means a whole new character, a completely new identity. New races have always been in and available to play at launch so people can start the process of catching up to older existing characters. I did it when I went Pally for my Horde guild in BC. I'm not asking for a 110 on launch day, I'm just asking to have access on launch day.

Gotta say I see a certain irony in people saying out of one side of their mouth, "You have to earn it!" and out the other side, "Just buy a 110 boost!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I truly feel bad for your first world problem, do you have a gofundme I can donate to?
    FWIW I don't live in the first world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "i want to play a bloodelf, draenai, goblin, worgen, pandaren, allied race but blizz is forcing me to reroll waah waah"

shit is nothin new, if it botheres you so much buy a race change
    There is it. Out both sides of your mouth.

How long after release did you have to wait to play those races? Did you have to bring another character to the new level cap before you played those characters?

- - - Updated - - -

People will defend anything Activision Blizzard does. It's sad that so many people are blind.
    This might be the first time I have felt some sympathy for this argument. most of the time I think it's BS. The lengths people are going to try to pass off an unprecedented change as just the same thing as before are astounding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The reveal trailer says "Allied Races", not "ZANDALARI DAY ONE WE PROMISE". I also don't know where you got this insane mistaken impression that the reveal trailer contains explicitly day 1 features.
    They are in the trailer, they were on the info page. Granted, they were alongside the Dark Iron with the details coming later, but there was no indication that they would not be available at launch. Since no other race has ever been unavailable at launch, there was no reason to think they would not be.
    Last edited by Tacotruck; 2018-05-06 at 01:18 AM.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Yanno, im really dreading leveling from 20 to 120 >_< As much as im a major altoholic, and with how they nerfed some of the leveling process, BAH. Well coz im after the heritage armor Im saving my 4 boosts still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedim View Post
    That bolded part made me chuckle quite a bit. Haven't you had enough of the people in this thread tearing your asinine argument to pieces?
    How exactly is what I said not true? Icecrown wasn't announced at launch. Sure we assumed he was going to be the big boss at the end, because Blizz always makes a raid with the big bad guy at the end. Why would Blizz do something one way for so many expansions and then just change the way they do things completely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Yanno, im really dreading leveling from 20 to 120 >_< As much as im a major altoholic, and with how they nerfed some of the leveling process, BAH. Well coz im after the heritage armor Im saving my 4 boosts still.
    I haven't leveled anything all the way up for a long time, but from what I can see it looks much better, especially with heirlooms exp boost. For one thing, you can skip Outland completely, and go straight to Northrend. That's a bonus in my book.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.