Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    A blonde young prince mary sue, depth and originality, stop joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Fits Anduin perfectly.
    Mary sue? How is he a Mary Sue? Did he single handed defeat Sargeras? Did he topple Garrosh? Seriously I want to know what extreme feets of strength he has accomplished? Besides doing a mass rez, something that was in the game numerous expansions ago.

But what depth does Sylvanas have? Other than her big tits what does she have that the Lich King didn't have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Other than her big tits what does she have that the Lich King didn't have?
    Cult that hates her based on the size of her tits apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cult that hates her based on the size of her tits apparently.
    That is what many Sylvanas fans obsess over are her bewbs...so besides her bust she is basically a carbon copy of the Lich King now, and you say Anduin has no depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    That is what many Sylvanas fans obsess over are her bewbs...
    Dont know about that, you seem to be obsessed way more than it is healthy.

Glorious they are though. Hopes and Dreams I think someone called them once.

Anduin's been nearly killed by Garrosh in Mists. Spent most of the rest of that expansion with a young black whelp while we setup to get ourselves a blessed legendary cloak. But Anduin is one of the few people that know some secrets of this world. He is difficult to manipulate as she's seen some shit, and the Old Gods minions have not been able to sway him. He'd defeated a Dreadlord assassin on his own using his father's sword. He's not a pushover, but he lacks experience in some areas. But is not for want of teachers. Somehow I get the impression that, if Sylvanas was still alive (as in normally alive) she'd be the one teaching him archery and tracking skills. She was the one who inscribed the memorial for Alleria in Stormwind afterall (the old softly sister that she is). Anduin's problem going forward will be how he sets up his own path, rather than trying to prove how much like his father he is. That will likely be where his mistakes are make, trying to be too much like his father, and trying to show dominance in his leadership or war skills. That is his learning curve. To find himself, rather than being his father because he expects that's what people want or need him to be. What they need is Anduin to become his own man.....the High King the Alliance needs, rather than the one it deserves.

Dont know about that, you seem to be obsessed way more than it is healthy.
    Why does he seem obsessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Anduin isn't a good character though.

He needs to die for several reasons:
    1. High King is bad for the Alliance narrative as a whole. Especially having it be hereditary since it makes the Alliance look like less of an alliance and more like a human dominated empire.
    It is a human dominated empire though.....everyone else is seen as inferior. The only exception is Tyrande, but her problem is she wants to run everything as an authoritarian 'democracy' because she thinks only the elves are smart.
    2. Stormwind is bland and boring as all fuck. It could use a good succession war of nobles fighting for the throne to liven it up a bit. Also having the effect of weakening Stormwind so it's less of a dominating presence in the story.
    This will never happen since the entire story is built on the war between humans and orcs.
    3. The god damn prophecy of him leading Azeroth against the void.
    Top kek, if anyone is leading this it'd be Saurfang or Genn.
    4. He's just a shitty mary sue character.
    U Rite.
    5. Golden is responsible for a lot of Anduin's perfectly pure goodness so her being more involved with writing will not improve the character.
    The problem is hes like the rich kid that everyone made fun of because they can't relate to him. He needs to be relatable and have strife, actually make decisions that are bad. One of the reasons Arthas was such a good character is because he was someone who started out wanting to do good, but on that path he did some things he regretted in order to achieve his ends. At the end of the day he became the darkness........

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Because he keeps mentioning it even when no one else did. Either freudian slip or he is just projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    He suggested repeatedly that people love Slyvanas for her boobs and ass when in fact it's far from reality. That's projection.

- - - Updated - - -

These threads give me the impression that most people do not like Anduin as character. I don't know why Blizzard is pushing on him.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-05-06 at 07:18 AM.

hes pretty fucking awful. I dont want him to die, i want him to lose faith in his own goodness (not because the horde is too evil but because he is too incompetent) and go through a journey of self reflection and skepticism. he can return to his path of holiness in old age or after some time being a screwbag, but this boy of purity bullshit has to end. either that or the alliance tears itself apart due to all other leaders seeking their own paths, night elves demand revenge and go all out war, same with worgen, gnomes retreat to gnomeragan and dwarves ... i dunno who cares.

Point is, having a 1 year old kid telling someone older than 10,000 years whats what is just absolute bullshit. he makes everyone else look incompetent, and the entire alliance becomes this joke. hes essentially standing among gods (tyrande, malf, muradin, greymane etc) and he has the gall to order them around? its embarrassing for them, like when you see a spineless parent being ordered around by their spoiled bratt daughter telling them to get them a new frikkin pony.

Have him step down as a tertiary leader with no influence or voice while the big bad boys lead the alliance on a rampage, when hes fed up from the bullshit they cause he can challenge them for leadership or something.

His is the kind of character that is given not earned. MAKE HIM EARN IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I actually think Anduin Wrynn is the most interesting and well-written character Blizzard has added during the course of World of Warcraft (i.e. that does not originate from the RTS games). There's a REASON for his change in position coming into Legion, and it's a good one in my opinion. We've seen him grow from a boy, into an idealistic teenager, a diplomat, and then finally n Legion he's forced to come face to face with true loss and become a man. To realize what it means to be a true King. He sees that he can't JUST be the diplomat, he has to also be the Warrior. Like Varian lacked the diplomacy and wisdom as a King, so too did Anduin lack the courage and decisiveness of his father.

Watching him struggle with who he is throughout Legion and who he needs to be for his people has been my favorite thing. Anduin is shaping up to be the King that Arthas could've been, and should've been. He's the King Arthas we never had.

He seems to be the only character at the moment with enough nuance to be considered a well-written character. Don't get me wrong, Sylvanas has a lot of story to her which SHOULD give her nuance, but I feel like Blizzard keeps writing her into a corner and making her a parody of herself. Lorewise she's valuable but I don't like how she's being used in WoW at all. Her arc ended with the Lich King.

Anduin's transition into being a more hands on King has been the main story throughout Legion. The Lost Compass quest chain takes us through all the questions he's asking himself regarding who he is and who he needs to be for the people he serves. There's a LOT of background to his shift from the naive diplomat, to the King and Leader he's about to become.

I think it's probably the only character worth being invested in now a days, so I doubt they would kill him any time soon
    This is pretty much a cliche in character development, isn't it? I don't think anything interesting or novel with Anduin. Worse yet, it makes zero sense in war time to let an inexperienced boy king to lead the army in an alliance such as Alliance. Elves are not subjects of human High King, there is a common ground, hence the alliance. Why should they even tolerate an inexperienced dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    lets raise him as undead
    That could be really awesome. Kill him, and then make some valkyries or Bolvar ressurect him and see what will happen next!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Why should they even tolerate an inexperienced dude?
    Because he's a Mary Sue and the plot bends to his presence.

You're just jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    He suggested repeatedly that people love Slyvanas for her boobs and ass when in fact it's far from reality. That's projection.

- - - Updated - - -

These threads give me the impression that most people do not like Anduin as character. I don't know why Blizzard is pushing on him.
    Stupid people usually yells the loudest. These threads only represent a certain minority of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    His is the kind of character that is given not earned. MAKE HIM EARN IT.
    How does I monarchy?

I'm going to assume you either don't play Alliance or don't read quest text, because every complaint you list off there has already been covered ingame.

He basically only has the position because that's how monarchies work, and Genn and the others know it brings the citizens some semblance of peace to have a Wrynn still leading the Alliance even if it only appears that way, and he's aware of it. He's not barking orders at Genn, Velen, and the night elves, he's not making demands, because he very well knows he hasn't earned it but by the end of the questline is determined to do just that.

The fact that he has to earn the respect and admiration his father had so suddenly, and during such dire circumstances only makes the task seem all the more daunting.

Amazing you complain about boring ass alliance storytelling but you want the goodie goodie can do no wrong god emperor manduin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Well in some respects Anduin reflects our progress in WoW. He's grown up with us since Vanilla.

His head would look really great on a spike in the center of Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Or at least make him less of a chosen one/Mary Sue type character that can do no wrong. Sorry but some teenager leading the entire alliance just cause his dad was king makes absolutely no sense. I can’t take him seriously and neither can any of the horde leaders apparently. (Esp my man Lor’themar, always snidely calling him boy king)

Here’s how to fix the entire plot for BfA.

Have Anduin die tragically, heroically, idc. Genn takes over and goes absolutely crazy trying to kill Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde, Genn needs to be put down, there’s an epic raid, and then once genn is killed velen leads the alliance and then ion can have the “morally grey” talk that he mentioned before.

Edit: Wyrt perfectly explains the main problems with Anduin:

And furthermore, I really don't care about any of the petty insults that y'all are throwing at me over an opinion. Say it with me: It's an opinion. No amount of bringing up Sylvanas or the Blight or your ad hominem arguments will change the fact that Anduin is a boring character that needs to either improve or die. Have a nice day!
    Its hard to take the words of someone who respects Lor'themar seriously. He's sold his race to someone who is going down the same path that destroyed his kingdom...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!