Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I wouldn't get anything for the kids. Most single moms typically want to keep the kids completely out of the situation until your relationship deepens.
    I agree, the first few dates isnt about establishing roots. Its about getting to know each other and seeing if a relationship is possible. Doesnt mean you cant take interest in what they do (soccer, piano etc) and ask how they are doing.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-05-04 at 08:48 PM.

If the father is still around I would run without looking back. Even if he just visits the kids once or twice a month.

And if she is any good she will discreetly give you hints about it.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2018-05-04 at 08:56 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont bring up her kids unless she does and even then proper ediquette dictates that you ask to see pictures of them in their swimsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I've dated plenty of single moms, well into the double digits. Never has the thought to buy something for her to take home to the kids crossed my mind. Never.

Edit:
    Having said the above, I don't think it's a bad idea.
    Single moms in the triple digits are where all the fun is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Given your post history and general belief system, my advice is to tell that mom not to date you.

Good luck. To the mom.
    What's the problem with his post history or general belief system?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What's the problem with his post history or general belief system?
    @Axelhander is one of those posters who thinks anyone who sees a given situation even a little different than he does must be an alt-right nazi. I don't remember having the displeasure of debating him about anything, so he must've lurked through my post history.

Axel's inanities aside, heading out in an hour. What's the worst that could happen? I won't offer any food for the kids, I'll play it safe. It's just a tinder date, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    @Axelhander is one of those posters who thinks anyone who sees a given situation even a little different than he does must be an alt-right nazi. I don't remember having the displeasure of debating him about anything, so he must've lurked through my post history.

Axel's inanities aside, heading out in an hour. What's the worst that could happen? I won't offer any food for the kids, I'll play it safe. It's just a tinder date, after all.
    GL Dude! Find love!

Just need a point of etiquette answered for me by folks who might have more experience with this issue.

This weekend I'll be going out on a first date with a lovely woman. She has two kids. First woman in my age range I've dated in a while, and the first one with kids.

When finishing up with dinner, should I offer to get her something for her to take home for the kids? Or would that be too forward of a thing to offer on the first date?
    Yeah don't make the date about her kids or the "story" there. She is a single, presumably attractive woman and you are there to spend time with her, focus on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Bail out, ASAP.

There's literally nothing worse than other peoples kids.
    Erm, nothing wrong with single moms.
    It depends a lot on the kid.
    I'm not dad material (yet) and I can barely stand my 6-year-old nephew but it's because he's a spoiled brat, screaming and yelling when he doesn't get what he wants.
    But I always wanted a daughter. Just never met the right chick. I wouldn't mind if the girl I liked had a daughter, although I definitely would prefer a childless woman, but then again who guarantees that it will be a girl and not a boy?

I did not mention it. We didn't click much anyway.

Decent meal, but no sparks really.

Ah well, onwards and forwards!

Deleted
    I did not mention it. We didn't click much anyway.

Decent meal, but no sparks really.

Ah well, onwards and forwards!
    Any parking lot BJ action at least?

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Any parking lot BJ action at least?
    Single moms don't blow guys on the first date, or at least they shouldn't...

single moms are single for a reason.........not including dead father/vet/etc in this one, which are the only single mothers i might even consider if i thought there was anything worth it *probably not for me personally as i don;t want someone elses kids*

Usually indication they are a woman who makes poor and bad choices which i would not find ideal in a partner, also i would not want to raise another persons kids, specially if they are still alive and around.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    goodnight everybody

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    single moms are single for a reason.........not including dead father/vet/etc in this one, which are the only single mothers i might even consider if i thought there was anything worth it *probably not for me personally as i don;t want someone elses kids*

Usually indication they are a woman who makes poor and bad choices which i would not find ideal in a partner, also i would not want to raise another persons kids, specially if they are still alive and around.
    What if the baby daddy's a deadbeat?
    change can't wait.