Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope, out of all the things that could be done to this site, a "like system" is at the very bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    But GenOT and other sub forums are already massive circlejerks.
    And adding like buttons would make it a million times worse. It discourages critical thinking and people making their own points that they truly believe.
    change can't wait.

Deleted
    The last thing this forum needs is an echo chamber boosting system. Literally the last thing

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Currently doing an upgrade of a caching plugin we use and trying to solve issues with the newer version.

After that, PHP version upgrade, blue tracker backend fixes, a few small forum bugs, cleanup of our AWS account, potentially fixing our tool we use for beta key giveaways if they decide to do giveaways again this year, updates to the tool we use to aggregate armory data, fixes and improvements for many of the tools I use to create content for the news posts. On top of all of that I am doing most of the content for the site, community things, and helping out with other initiatives here at the company.
    Mobile still not even in the picture and you have stuff like armoury data in that list?

OT: If you do add a like system, give us a dislike button too - make the number hidden if you want to avoid bandwagoning - and make it auto hide/report to mods after a certain amount of dislikes.

Sure thing. There's easily enough work for two to three people, but I can only work so many hours a day!
    So you litteraly do all this yourself? Thats actually impressive. Thanks for all the hard work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    There would be far too much whining about it from unpopular posters.

But yes I'd enjoy a like/dislike system.
    who fucking cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Mobile still not even in the picture and you have stuff like armoury data in that list?

OT: If you do add a like system, give us a dislike button too - make the number hidden if you want to avoid bandwagoning - and make it auto hide/report to mods after a certain amount of dislikes.
    Mobile is somewhere on that list. It's been started but needs to be finished. There's room there if anyone in the community is interested in working on it since it is just CSS, otherwise I'll get to it when I can.

Mobile is somewhere on that list. It's been started but needs to be finished. There's room there if anyone in the community is interested in working on it since it is just CSS, otherwise I'll get to it when I can.
    Can I ask that you somehow make this more visible, that you're willing to let someone sort it out? I'm pretty sure some people would jump at the opportunity to do it (I would if I could; I probably should learn CSS at some point..), especially as mobile site would be greatly appreciated by many people, myself included. A little post on the front page maybe, or a thread in the computer forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I know this is listed as a common request in the sticky topic:

but the sources linked in the post are from 2010-2011. That's a long time ago.

Just wondering if there was an update to whether this is still being actively considered? A think a like system provides good feedback as to how popular your post is within the community and would greatly benefit the forums.
    You want to turn mmoc into reddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The last thing this forum needs is an echo chamber boosting system. Literally the last thing
    What ends up happening, invariably, is that it creates "winners" and "losers", regardless of content. You'll see, "Well, we can see that most people agree with me, so feel free to continue being on the wrong side of the argument," or some variation thereof.

It would be disastrous. Absolutely terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You want to turn mmoc into reddit?
    you forgot to include facebook.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

"Like" always seems to indicate a popularity contest that doesn't often go well for a topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you let people make their own mind up on a post.

Don't particularly like seeing "I like turtles" voted up 5000 times followed by a slew of memes, perhaps you could make a kindergarten subforum for it.

A like system simply turns forums into a popularity and pissing match. It serves no purpose at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Facebook approach with rating comments would be decent (is it funny, is it serious, sad, crazy?). So is Reddits. But yeah, again useless and unnecessary fluff.

Then again look what social media is causing to young generation. Like whoring and attention seeking, so meh...
    -K