Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I saw this screenshot on the first page which shows a pretty good comparison between a Kul'tiran male and a regular playable human:

I feel that the Kul'tiran, even for something that should be a "larger human", is disproportionately big. I could see him being a head or two taller than a regular man (Stormwindian heads), but at that size he's closer to a Vrykul than a Human. He's more or less as tall as player models allow, as tall as a Tauren. This gives the impression Kul'tirans are an entirely new race, not just a nation of humans, which is particularly weird considering the people there use both the new "monster hunter" model and the regular one.

The old Human males are supposed to be 6' or 180 cm tall. This means the Kul'tiran male in screenshot towers at roughly 3 meters or 10'! To put things in perspective, here's Thor Bjornsson of Game of Thrones fame standing next to some regular people:

Yes, he's much bigger than them, but they still reach his shoulders/chest height. The Kul'tiran looks like regular humans could give him a blowjob standing up. I think Blizzard should tone them down a bit, make them as tall as a Night Elf or Draenei at most. Maybe make the Zandalari a bit taller instead, since that is established in lore.

Unless, of course, they are going the "Kul'tirans still have strong Vrykul blood" route, but this would have to be thoroughly explained in lore, particular the distinction between these Vrykul descendants and the regular humans they are sharing Kul'tiras with. Nobody complained about Jaina being unnaturally tall, unless the size coefficient she gets for being a Boss character is canon now...
    I do hope they don't nerf the kul'tiran height since it's perfect as is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    The bigger issue is that they're unwanted by me. No amount of height adjustment will make them appealing.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    The bigger issue is that they're unwanted by 99% of the playerbase. No amount of height adjustment will make them appealing.
    Just because it's a vocal minority doesn't mean it's the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Npcs are made larger or smaller to make them stand out. Unless they are actually giants it's either to make an NPC stand out, or even a bug.

These have nothing to do with Vrykul, they're just bigger/fatter humans that's it.

I will bet my left nut they are not at all going to be an allied race, it's a really stupid idea. I mean fucking Jaina Proudmore is from Kul Tiras her father used to be the head figure of their government or w.e and now her mother is. All those new skinny human npcs, the regular human npcs and the fat human npcs....they are just humans.

These things were made to give the game flavor.

Also skinny and fat humans existed in the original WOW alpha and just got scrapped.

Maybe they get added as customization options, that'd be a welcome change, but those fat humans are not some half-Vrykul thing and that's just a really stupid idea.
    I completely disagree with your opinion, Even though they are just humans this is a fantasy game and kul'tirans being taller than Dranei is even better.

Also you lost the best looks like someone is gonna cut testicle......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Them being taller is fine. Hell, it should be a thing or else the lines between them and Dwarves will be too blurred.

But right now they are way too tall. It's just glaring when you compare them to the Stormwind model, especially when over half of Kul Tiran women are taller than over half the original male model. We're not used to that as real humans, so the brain automatically clicks and realises it's 'off'... hell, that's the case with just how massive most of the men are.
    I disagree they aren't too tall, infact it's perfect thhat they are taller than dranei more or less. I just hope blizzard ignores the height complaint and release playable kul'tiran humans as is since the Alliance doesn't have a single huge and tall playable race that doesn't fuck with the armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Why can't they make a human with proportions similar to geralt from witcher aka a normal human? Not these fat tubs of lard that have slow animations that are a huge turn off
    Because they already EXIST! they are called generic humans! why are you complaining about kul'tiran humans being too tall and huge when we already have normal looking humans? they already look like geralt.

The developers were careless and didnt think a moment to take into account how tall the model will be compared with regular hummans.
    When it was discovered it was too late. Shrinking them would make them look even more rediculous and making an other model take money, so they stick with it.
    Mystery solved.

I see Kul Tirian humans as the middle man between normal humans and vrykul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    I see Kul Tirian humans as the middle man between normal humans and vrykul.
    That the problem. Because of Kul Tiran we will not get Vrykul.

Looks like Ogres are an alliance race

I hope they are as tall as the Zandalari, that would make them stand out from regular humans even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    That the problem. Because of Kul Tiran we will not get Vrykul.
    To be honest i'm fine with that, Kul'tiran humans are better anyway than getting Vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Playable Kul'tirans being half-giants make them more distinct than regular, boring humans. Hopefully they never change their size.

They are clearly planning on Kul'tirans and Half-Ogres (which use the new Kul'tiran rigging so far) being the biggest race for each faction.
    WAIT WHAT?? Mok'nathal got new models?

15+ Year Old Account
    3-meter tall humans are not possible because of the gravity. And while WoW is a fantasy game, Azeroth's gravity seems to be pretty much the same as Earths.

You were never going to get vrykul, that's why they came up with Kul Tirans. They're likely half-vrykul, and the Horde will likely end up with mok'nathal instead of true ogres too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    compare the mountain to his brothers....

https://www.facebook.com/PeterDinkla...type=3&theater
    Hard to imagine him as the runt of the litter lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    The developers were careless and didnt think a moment to take into account how tall the model will be compared with regular hummans.
    When it was discovered it was too late. Shrinking them would make them look even more rediculous and making an other model take money, so they stick with it.
    Mystery solved.
    I think you can go places with that imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    WAIT WHAT?? Mok'nathal got new models?
    Rexxars model got updated. It's hard to miss if you read the front page. Anyways, no. It's just people jumping to conclusions as usual. Everything is an allied race these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Because they already EXIST! they are called generic humans! why are you complaining about kul'tiran humans being too tall and huge when we already have normal looking humans? they already look like geralt.

Wow human. Look at those Popeye like arms and legs. That's not what a normal person looks like.

Average male human body and what I'd love to see as a new allied race in wow. Notice how the arms and legs look proportional and not gorilla like.

Female Humans imo look quite like a normal average female in real life. Calling the male humans normal is weird.

Wow human. Look at those Popeye like arms and legs. That's not what a normal person looks like.

Average male human body and what I'd love to see as a new allied race in wow. Notice how the arms and legs look proportional and not gorilla like.

Female Humans imo look quite like a normal average female in real life. Calling the male humans normal is weird.
    In other words you don't like the stylization of Warcraft characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Pretty much exactly that.

His next topics:

-Why cant we have the head of Messi in Fifa 18 on all our characters?
    -Why cant my hair be styled like Links in Botw?

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    More like I'm unhappy with the appearance of a gorilla looking characters because blizzard thinks normal human males have popeye like proportions and hoped the addition of allied races would solve this issue. You know, similar to how they fixed the hunched orc issue that many people had.

Deleted
    More like I'm unhappy with the appearance of a gorilla looking characters because blizzard thinks normal human males have popeye like proportions and hoped the addition of allied races would solve this issue. You know, similar to how they fixed the hunched orc issue that many people had.
    Why? Why are you unhappy with that? Do you also think taurens should walk on all 4?

Deleted
    How did upright solve anything at all? You do know that the model and animations are still the same?

Scrawny humans would make zero sense is WoW. The style they went for is a cartoony exagerated one, not a realistic one. If you want that, you have to look for a different MMO. Or you know... maybe settle for Blood/Void elves.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-07 at 11:11 AM.