Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You clearly didn’t PvP in vanilla. There were a lot of healers. Even in random groups
    In vanilla a dps could kill a healer. It would take longer than killing other dps of course, but healers actually died when they were 1v1'd. That changed at some point during this games history and healers became practically immortal unless outnumbered. That design is kind of bullshit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    In vanilla a dps could kill a healer. It would take longer than killing other dps of course, but healers actually died when they were 1v1'd. That changed at some point during this games history and healers became practically immortal unless outnumbered. That design is kind of bullshit imo.
    It changed in TBC when resto druids became gods of the arena. Every 2v2 and most 3v3 comps had a resto druid, because it had infinite mobility and infinite mana. Priests were strong too, but the difference was you had to actually be a good priest, fake cast, shadow word death, mana burn, fear, etc.; As opposed to a druid that could just roll face and eventually watch a rogue kill itself on your thorns.

Then instead of bringing druids down, they just buffed every other healer to bring them up to bc resto druids. And that never really got addressed or reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Fresh account. 1 post. Lel
    It is even more funny to see a no-life who scan threads to post the first comment on a thread and waste his time inspecting the profile of the op.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    I am only going to reply to the last bit, "oh well lets just add tanks who even cares anymore"

Tanks always exist and have a purpose in BG, disguising as tank-geared dps/healer. We needed them to tank Vandar in AV and they are a massive help in carrying flag in WSG. If you think tanks are hard to kill now, it was just as hard back then when that warrior slap on his T2/3 gear with a shield and suddenly you need 3 people to bring him down, despite he's dps spec.
    At least you get to damage them. Today, they run from 1 end of the map to the other in 10seconds and they jump like baboons froma roof to a graveyard and can jump back if you follow them. I almost forgot those with teleports and ring of peace a whole fuckin tunnel for 10secs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    For people that think healers are impossible to kill.. well.. you need to work on your game. For those that think DPS is impossible to kill with a healer need to switch targets yo. Truth is WoW pvp isn't that great no matter how you peel it. At a really high end its just a dodge LOS/positioning game and line up coolies well in an ultra coordinated environment (and a ton of practice that develops skills). On the lower end it's individual hero's that get mad at anyone playing as a team because it takes away from the every player is a god fantasy Blizzard created. Healers are the peek of team work in WoW. In no way can they move though the other team alone (unless that team is really really...... really... bad). They assist others in doing so. Teamwork. Anyone that has a problem with that really just can't handle teamwork in a team game.

I heal in BGs all the time. If I run into a team that will peel to me. Put me under pressure then they got a shot. If they all just tunnel on killing separate targets and leave me completely alone, yeah, they are toast. Hell even if they focus on the same targets outside of me they can win. But it usually doesn't happen because peeling to the healer seems to be a high level skill. You know why attack the bouning tree back here when I got this kill closer to try and get right. Everyone seems to have something to prove individually so they get curb stomped. It's so bad I can tell on the first engagement if we win. It normally boils down to one thing. DID I EVEN GET TARGETED. In most cases.. nope.. pounding on the constantly healed players seemed smarter.
    Hey man you are very right.Game would be fantastic without healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Every successful PvP game on the market -- from mobas like Smite & Dota to shooters like TF2 and Overwatch -- either have very limited / very vulnerable healers, or no healing at all (f. example CS:GO).
    have you actually played any of these games?! fuckin hell the bullshittery in this thread is amazin
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

guild wars is that way -->

People that whine about healers never play one themselves. The amount of ragequitting they would do if they did
    And no, playing healer with your friends or guildies don't count. Also resto druid doesn't count.

5+ Year Old Account
    PvP = Player Versus Player.

"Hey let's put a bunch o people called tanks and healers that do the exact opposite of letting players kill other players."

Good game design, right?

Every successful PvP game on the market -- from mobas like Smite & Dota to shooters like TF2 and Overwatch -- either have very limited / very vulnerable healers, or no healing at all (f. example CS:GO).

WoW PvP has all the ingridients to be a fun, tactical, medium-paced game; But all that is thrown out the window when half the characters in this game just have ways of making it so unless 2-3 people do everything perfectly their enemies hp will just never go down. This is absurd, and shouldn't have EVER been a thing. And WoW PvP will continue to remain a bad joke until that changes.

Balanced or not -- it matters not. With the way current classes work, turning every pvp fight into a 5+ minute slog is just not fun. And that's the core problem with the whole thing. If it isn't fun, I don't care if you've achieved perfect balance. Nobody will play it for long, and it will just wilt and die. So. To all the people defending healers -- try to get yer head out of your own ass and look at the bigger picture and long-term health of the game, instead of going "BUT MUH GODMODE IF THREE PEOPLE PERFECTLY STUN AND INTERRUPT ME IM DED!".

You people are the reason PvP has been and will always remain in the shitter.
    Yep. Besides, these godmode healers are the reason that every single caster spec has been living a miserable life in PvP, since you simply wouldn't be able to ever kill a healer without the 23540927503096 gap closers and interrupts given to melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    In vanilla dps didnt have 100% uptime, 85904 cc and interrupts with low cooldown and the combat was so slow you actually could get spells with a casting time off.
    We're not at that point now because you bad dpsers cried so much about these things even though they were good for the game and Blizzard listened to you for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    have you actually played any of these games?! fuckin hell the bullshittery in this thread is amazin
    Please, show me an overwatch game where a mercy is kiting 4 people actively trying to kill her for more than 10 seconds.

I'll wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, show me an overwatch game where a mercy is kiting 4 people actively trying to kill her for more than 10 seconds.

I'll wait.
    just do it yourself or is google and youtube also somethin you never used before?
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    just do it yourself or is google and youtube also somethin you never used before?
    Strawman. Noun. An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Hey man you are very right.Game would be fantastic without healers.
    Hell yeah man! If that is what I said then you would have a leg to stand on. Good thing that healers being in the game is absolutely amazing and Blizzard keeping it that way is an example of excellence!

10+ Year Old Account
    Strawman. Noun. An intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    i take that as yes

Have you guys ever thought that you are just BAD?

Why does everything need to be even?

Healer\dps\Tanks are not an issue in BGs\Arena.
    Specs are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Quite possibly. Its been over a decade after all . I just don't remember there being "a lot" of healers as the poster I quoted claimed. That said, I think the overall design of hybrids in Vanilla was that most classes still functioned as supports even if they spec'd damage or tanking. So unlike today when spec's are much more defined, what someone was doing in a vanilla BG was a little more ambiguous.

I was under the impression that almost everyone respec'd for PvP as many of the 31 point talents were useless in BGs

I NEVER respec'd for pvp. .. . . too expensive, and I thought my stuff worked just fine for healing, especially when the guild was doing BGs as a whole. AV was actually fun back then! No zerg!!

Deleted
    I get the complaint, given that healers can feel immortal unless you gang up on them to a seemingly ludicrous extent, but I think PvP needs the extra dimension that healers provide. The experience just has so much more depth for their presence.

Personally, I tend to think the issue is that healers now have a few too many tools that you can't answer; namely shields, HoTs and insta-casts that can be neither interrupted nor juked. I don't like the idea of blanket silences (I think that was tried during an expansion beta?), but I do think some healers have become a bit too difficult to kill.

Even one on one, a non-healer should have a chance of taking one out if he or she plays well.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post

At least you get to damage them. Today, they run from 1 end of the map to the other in 10seconds and they jump like baboons from a roof to a graveyard and can jump back if you follow them. I almost forgot those with teleports and ring of peace a whole fuckin tunnel for 10secs
    Sure, DH and Monks with their ridiculous mobility nowaday, but back then it wasn't any better either. Before the nerf, dedicated PvPers are all Engineers with their Rocket Boots to cap WSG flag, the richer ones carry Swiftness Potion, and let's not go into TBC Warriors with 3 different types of Charge on separate cooldown (Charge one, Intercept another then Intervene a friendly) that pretty much carries him all the way to his base entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Sure, DH and Monks with their ridiculous mobility nowaday, but back then it wasn't any better either. Before the nerf, dedicated PvPers are all Engineers with their Rocket Boots to cap WSG flag, the richer ones carry Swiftness Potion, and let's not go into TBC Warriors with 3 different types of Charge on separate cooldown (Charge one, Intercept another then Intervene a friendly) that pretty much carries him all the way to his base entrance.
    No. 3 charges were meaningless. Especially since they didnt have interupts so you could just sit and fight. It was great that people could use engineering/potions in BGs. Eventhough I was too poor to afford them, I always think that it is great to let the elite players have tons of things in their pocket which makes you feel like you're fighting a dangerous guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You speak your heart and I agree with it. Healers are not something that should exist in the game. Even lorewise they make absolutely no sense.
    Except that we had healing units in the RTS games...

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Dps only in pvp would make the game much more enjoyable imo.
    Just give everyone a single selfheal and let people have fun.

It's no fun to have to fight a brick wall that won't go down.
    Shamans go down pretty quick.