344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Leotheras the Blind @Mrbubbles17

8) If I remember right, isn't WotLK also when they changed talent trees to only let you place a point every other level, or was that Cata? (I remember in Cata they ^&*^*^ you over on hybrid trees, but Cata is another conversation for another time)
    WotlK messed up hybrid trees during the first tier. You could no longer put a point in another tree unless you filled out one first. Mainly occurred because BM and readiness in the MM tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The people voting for MoP and Legion make me sick.
    Seriously... MoP and Legion are decent but the BEST expansion? Legion class pruning is enough that it should never be #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP because of the class design imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Banard
    WotlK messed up hybrid trees during the first tier. You could no longer put a point in another tree unless you filled out one first. Mainly occurred because BM and readiness in the MM tree.
    It was Cata ( horrible tree) because of mastery introduction (bad implementation because it's based on specializations division, much better was to add each bonus point for every point in each branch, so won't need to mess with specializations), I remember playing muti-prep build (something like that) without need of having hanger in WotLK. (not sure about what "1st tier" means, I believe that "1st talent points")

Ok, since I had to say this here, I'll also write some stuff.

1) Raids (Classic/BC also separately design of some from Cata/MoP)
    Rather design/progress than mechanics, it's incorrect to compare mechanics due to changes in encounters priorities in further expansions.
    2) Dungeons, Open world, quest/questing design (Classic) - almost don't have competition, with very few occasional exceptions
    3) Balance (BC, but WotLK/MoP also good enough) - there is problem, I'm sure that different people understand this word differently
    4) Game RPG mechanics: characteristics (MoP), class fantasy (BC/WotLK) - still almost nothing was cut
    5) Lore:
    Question is too complicated and I don't think that I have enough qualification to say something concretely, but if we base on theory that we are all just mercenaries and casual passers-by, then Classic still is best with it's quests organization, the rest are on descending (simply because they changed what would have been known earlier or used retcon, and the further the more). If we consider expansions as a "separate story to be told" then Classic didn't have much of it - it didn't impose you, but suggested to understand how world is arranged and where it all goes yourself. I always liked this approach better for this game. "Big story" is typical for a single player game, because it can be passed and it won't become "obsolete". For MMORPG imposition of the plot - is one of nails in coffin of expansions progress system (damage to open world like phasing, global changes etc. story becomes too detailed, global and centered on character, who nevertheless remains same weak-willed within its framework, hence dissonance, such approach is stupidity) and also partially of role-playing game. I can agree that MoP told us an interesting unattached to anything separate story, but it severely damaged my gameplay. WotLK told generally bad story, very incoherent and not consistent, although it had some little interesting elements. WoD was last expansion I saw, which repulsed all the interest of the game due to introduction of new characters models and judging by tendency to "dictate" the story, which they didn't have time to implement fully - it looked unfinished. Legion (base already on my friends' experience) looked one of the most stupid in terms of plotting (whose baton, judging by introductory events and irresponsible, incalculable allied races themes, will be catched by BfA, and SL?), but none of them did play further. I can't answer anything specifically on this point more than I did now.
    6) Atmospheric (locations/music) - all expansions had at least a couple of decent locations, I can't name any winner.
    7) Players' character models/art (MoP was last decent one) - sorry, it was important for me, so I can't ignore this question.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2023-09-18 at 10:14 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    best wow expansion!
    answers possible: vanilla, ... , legion.

yeah yet another useless shit post...
    vanilla wasnt an expansion by the mean of expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s quite the assumption. Anything to support what you’re saying here?
    TBC and WOTLK is assumption based on probabilities of wait I said. This poll means absolutely nothing. This is a typical example of how people don't understand statistics. A smart poll/survey would ask us 1)what is our favorite expansion and 2) when did we start playing. I don't need to explain you that someone who started playing at WoD, would ultimately only be able to select WoD or Legion.

Also most of the people playing TBC left and many don't go to forums. A probable reason is that Blizzard tuned the game to please people requesting changes on the forums. People who spend time on forums have a different personality than those who don't bother wasting time on forums and so they don't like the same things. Ultimately, Blizzard made the game good for those on forums thinking they were pleasing everyone while they actually only pleased the players with X personality. Which made people with personality different from X quit the game. So now it is quite probable that if a poll of all wow players ever existed was made, TBC or Vanilla would be on top..

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion has actually dethroned TBC in my case.

...and WoD actually went below WotLK. WotLK used to be at the bottom of my list. Now WoD is at the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    TBC and WOTLK is assumption based on probabilities of wait I said. This poll means absolutely nothing. This is a typical example of how people don't understand statistics. A smart poll/survey would ask us 1)what is our favorite expansion and 2) when did we start playing. I don't need to explain you that someone who started playing at WoD, would ultimately only be able to select WoD or Legion.
    That's actually bullshit within my social circle. Almost none of the people I have known over the years, have their starting expansion as their favourite. I've played for 12 years, and that's a lot of people over those years, and trust me, the subject of favourite expansion has been up a lot. We don't necessarily agree either, if that is what you would assume.

I can agree that this poll means nothing though, that's quite true.

EDIT: I can't read! Sorry. I'm terrrible. I just realised I read what I quoted as something completely different. Oh well, I'll let it stay for laughs.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2018-05-08 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's pretty rare for people to think the current expansion is the best. Usually nostalgia gets the better of everyone and they vote for older ones. I bet in 5-6 years people will look back on Legion and it will win the "best expansion" debate. It has been absolutely amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    Seriously... MoP and Legion are decent but the BEST expansion? Legion class pruning is enough that it should never be #1.
    Did you even play the xpac?

Class fantasy with artifacts, class halls, class mounts etc were amazing and totally made up for losing 1-2 abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids; In terms of difficulity current expansion is always the best.
    Dungeons; Vanilla/ tbc
    Class design; Cata / mop / wod (really depends on the class lol)
    Balance; not necessary!
    Game RPG mechanics; Vanilla.

No balance best balance.

I'm very surprised that Legion is ranking so highly. It's passed Cataclysm for second-worst, in my opinion.

Although Vanilla isn't an expansion, I do think it has a place on these polls.

MoP is doing better than expected, though it's usually still only behind WotLK and TBC. Makes me wonder if most who vote Vanilla/TBC previously have changed their minds or perhaps just aren't around the scene to vote. Might explain why Legion also appears higher than expected.

Also, I don't think WotLK is first simply because that's when most people started playing. I think it's first becasue it was actually the best. It had the best blend to appeal to a wide audience. Was kind of a sweet spot mix of the systems from TBC and MoP that were successful.

amazed draenor and vanilla got so little love.. and legion so much.

def gotta be the casual idgaf crowd voting. Legion was aids at such a level that if i even smell a whiff of it in bfa im gone.

Legion was the first xpac i actually quit prior to getting all the cutting edge(s) available.

All godo though, to each their own. They could come out with wow2 and it doesnt matter. Once pantheon launches im out.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is obvious that it is either TBC or WOTLK. Keep in mind that most people playing today did not play TBC and some WOTLK. So they simply ruled out these expensions from their vote.
    Been playing since launch, and I voted for MoP. Wrath would have been a close second for me followed by Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    MoP is doing better than expected, though it's usually still only behind WotLK and TBC. Makes me wonder if most who vote Vanilla/TBC previously have changed their minds or perhaps just aren't around the scene to vote. Might explain why Legion also appears higher than expected.
    I always voted TBC in the past, now I am voting Legion. Finally an expansion that could beat TBC in my case.

I've experienced each one, but Legion is my favorite.

For me (dont hurt me) its Cata, but thats only because that was the expansion i personally had the most fun, just out of high school making new friends online, getting into raiding and pvp teams & loving every evening of playing. sure i get why people dont like it, but personally i loved it.

The results atm are literally how I view it myself, that's interesting. It's really sad that devs got so much hate and sh*t during MoP from panda hating idiots etc. Well at least it gets it's praise now...

I feel like if MoP wasn't so hated on from the beginning, WoD could potentially be a better expansion. Whining over Pandas, unsubbing due to them and so on must've been really demotivating for Blizz.

I wonder how many people that liked WOTLK or MoP the most actually played TBC or vanilla (private servers don't count!)

I feel each brought something different to the table. For me personally:

TBC had the best progression style through content (attunements, doing HCs once a day, rep etc.)
    WotLK had the best PvP. Arena finally came together, DR was being introduced to remove those druid/lock combos... I mean yeah there was prot-pala healing. It wasn't perfect but it was the best it's ever been IMO.
    MoP had the best Raids. They were so visually & mechanically interesting, Throne of Thunder was amazing, SoO had a few meh fights but I loved Siegebreaker & Garrosh on mythic and most the other fights were atleast cool.
    Legion had the best dungeons. M+ is likely the best thing blizzards done in a long time.

Cata/WoD were both pretty weak in comparison, wasn't a fan of either of those. If I had to say the one I enjoyed the most it would be WotLK but I feel that's got more to do with the fact I hadn't burnt out on WoW/Gaming in general like I have these days.

Didn't play Vanilla enough to get a decent grasp of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    All I’m reading is more assumptions without anything to support it.
    Yeah mostly assumptions based on facts. The facts (people joining later) only mean that the poll can't be accurate at all.