Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    If you're talking about yourself - I couldn't agree more. Theft implies he took something for himself. Did he?

Disruption of business flow is a crime, sure. But it is not a crime punishable by imprisonment in any prison. House arrest with denial of Internet access? Yes.
    I guess his 1 year sentence proves you wrong. In YOUR opinion , it shouldn't be jail time. Opinion and facts. Learn2Difference.

The kid deserves punishment. House arrest is nothing for guys that do this. Most people that do this are introverts anyways. Being under house arrest with hot pockets and a playstation is exactly what they would want anyways. That is life as usual for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    This. Kids are acting like he is getting thrown into super max rofl.
    IKR!

As I said, in the U.S. if you get sentenced to a year or less jail time, then generally it is served in a county/local jail facility not a state or federal prison.

If it's more than a year (say "1 to 3 years", etc.) then your sorry ass takes a ride upstate in the corrections bus.

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, CHILDREN.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2018-05-08 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    He committed a crime?
    All crimes should be punishable with incarceration then?

Awesome, if only it were more harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    You're the kind of dumb ass who hits "like" on youtube prank videos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This wikipedia entry isn't proper.

Art. 16 / Par. 2 GG

"No German may be extradited to a foreign country. The law may provide otherwise for extraditions to a member state of the European Union or to an international court, provided that the rule of law is observed."

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/e..._gg.html#p0096

Currently Martin Winterkorn former Volkswagen CEO benefits from this law.
    Last edited by Anoikis; 2018-05-08 at 08:23 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    You are making the grand assumption that he will do hard time. White collar crimes usually go to much less violent prisons.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    this is ridiculous
    Always someone to defend trash, just like the edgelords who defend people for using racial or homophobic slurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    causing up to 12 million possible people unable to play something they paid for. for 12 hours.
    you serious?
    "Keeping some nerds from grinding xp for some hours did not cause harm"
    you act like it was like 50 people for 3 hours...
    no it was 2010 MILLIONS of people, for nearly a whole day.

Also seriously? 1 year? also you didnt read that he also
    "had also faced charges over his alleged role in an effort to hack and rob California-based computer vendor Ingram Micro."

- - - Updated - - -

Literally in the article you have not even read.
    He didnt read the article at all cuz the guy isn't a first time offender either. He's just white knighting his way off a cliff
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Let's not. Companies need to get better at protecting their infrastructure, the society doesn't need to get better at punishing individuals not harmful to it. I guess we should also jail anyone who sends too much mail causing your package to be delayed by a few days, by your standards.
    A ddos attack is like destroying all the bridges across the country requiring people to take boats or alternate routes until the bridges have been rebuilt. A ddos affects everyone in the pipeline between where the attack originates (multiple origin points) and where it ends. It's not just Wow that is impacted by these attacks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

A nazi sympathiser from Romania.. what a surprise.

Good.
    /10char

A year sounds good to me. Maybe it will keep others from doing it. Lead by example! And don't drop the soap!
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Let's not. Companies need to get better at protecting their infrastructure, the society doesn't need to get better at punishing individuals not harmful to it. I guess we should also jail anyone who sends too much mail causing your package to be delayed by a few days, by your standards.
    Except that DDoSing is done with malicious intent by assholes who think it's funny to ruin services and prevent others from enjoying simple things on the internet. It's a somewhat damaging form of harassment that can be used to fuck people over if they know your IP address.

Mail being delayed can happen for a number of reasons and isn't normally any individual's fault, as much as it is an error in the mailing systems. It doesn't happen with malicious intent, isn't a reason for jail (afaik), and would probably be the mildest, least entertaining form of harassment ever. "What's that? You spent a lot of money and effort to send me shit tons of letters, then looked up and called my phone number to tell me you purposefully delayed my mail by 2 to 3 business days? Oh nooo, now I am slightly inconvenienced and mildly annoyed!"

Also I doubt someone can "send too much mail," and I seriously doubt that would delay your package for a few days. It's the postal service's job to process this stuff. If mail ever got delayed, it probably wouldn't happen like that. Also no one is going to get as riled up about receiving snail mail when compared to being actively blocked by a childish script kiddie from playing a game or enjoying a service they paid for.

I feel no sympathy for that loser. I hope his pasty 4chan-browsing ass enjoys becoming the new favorite community chew toy behind bars.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-05-08 at 09:47 PM.

good. i hope people that do shit like this and swat start getting some real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    A nazi sympathiser from Romania.. what a surprise.
    I wonder if he was role playing as an Apothecary.

Same argument people use against graffiti applies here.

"Not your building, no permission."

Not your game, no permission to disrupt others who pay to play.

Hope he keeps a tight grip on that soap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    A ddos attack is like destroying all the bridges across the country requiring people to take boats or alternate routes until the bridges have been rebuilt.
    In other words when you dream that you stole my car you get punished right? thats how bad your analogy is....

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    What kind of shithole state extradites his own citizens to the USA?
    shitty ones pressured by the us like romania, uk, new zealand....

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    This happened back in 2010 back when we didn't have as good DDoS protections as we have today.
    rolfmao. if you have no clue what u r talking about, just dont say a thing?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    think that's the reason for 12 months.
    wanting to send out a signal to other people do stuff like this and
    you will serve time.