Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You can disable those, though.

Why not disable them, rather than inhibit how others might enjoy the game?
    No, you can't... You can only change the textures back, the animations stay the same.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Although I'd be okay with updated animations/graphics (as long as they're not the only option), I'd have to vote against it.

Insert slippery slope argument here.
    This looks like a reasonable, nuanced position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if the toggle worked like it did in wod, where you could actually choose new or old animations, sure

if the toggle works like it does in legion, where your choice is new animations + new faces or new animations with old faces stretched across new skeletons, then no
    This. I have no problems with new characters and animations in Classic WoW, so long as it doesn't effect gameplay mechanics in anyway. Personally, I'll most likely keep original graphics and animations, as they were in Vanilla WoW. With that being said I don't think that it should inhibit having the option to play classic wow with modern graphics and animations for those that prefer it.

Play the way you want to play.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I’ve raiding up to Nass in vanilla. It wasn’t the crappy graphics that made it great. It was the grind and need for community to get ahead.

Just saying
    I wouldn't mind either, provided that they are completely optional and don't provide any gameplay advantage, especially in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I doubt they are going to invest time and money into remaking low res models from vanilla.
    They've already remade most of them, especially with BFA.

I don't have any problem with that. What I loved from vanilla was the design behind the game (not visual design, but the core mechanics).
    Everything on foot, grinds, linear progression over raids, world wide quests, RPG elements, etc...

Graphics wasn't what i would say the best part of the game. But I don't have any problem if they don't update graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    You can disable those, though.

Why not disable them, rather than inhibit how others might enjoy the game?
    You can't. You can disable the high res models, but the rigs are gone forever. Only way to get them back is to use old model using toys, like the broken toy (which uses old tauren rig)

You could just not play....? And let us enjoy classic?

I couldn't care less one way or the other. But I will say that the current live option of "old models" is somehow even uglier than the actual old models. The way they basically stretch the old textures over the new models looks unsettling in close-ups of emote animations.

I'd mind a little bit. I think keeping it as original as possible is ideal. A lot of people enjoy the older models.

i wouldn't mind them adding a 3rd faction called dino where you can choose to be a t-rex and just run around 1 shotting people like thok... fortunately for everyone though, what you and i wouldn't mind doesn't matter and it's a firm no to my stupid idea and the same answer for yours.

classic is being made for the people who cried for it for years, they deserve to have the game as it was 15 years ago, and if you don't like that, then classic isn't for you and that's fine, go play live.

Need to be careful asking for updated graphics with this dated engine. Even on high end machines, when more than 40 people gather in an area and start casting spells all at once, the game can grind to a crawl. For example, there was an alliance raid on Orgrimmar on my realm last week and we went to go fight them. People were consistently complaining about lag and I was experiencing it myself. Not only framerate drops but some weird issue where just being in the same zone (not even near the people fighting) was causing my client to have a latency issue where everything was delayed until I left Orgrimmar. The engine can *barely* handle where the game is now, updating the graphics further is just going to make that worse.

People are braindead if they think Blizz will release Classic with awful 2004 graphics. Look at what they did with Starcraft Remastered: No changes to the gameplay, but complete overhaul of the graphics and some extra UI stuff. That's likely what they're going to do with vanilla.

I'd love to have updated graphics. Giving a good old game a fresh coat of paint never hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Need to be careful asking for updated graphics with this dated engine. Even on high end machines, when more than 40 people gather in an area and start casting spells all at once, the game can grind to a crawl. For example, there was an alliance raid on Orgrimmar on my realm last week and we went to go fight them. People were consistently complaining about lag and I was experiencing it myself. Not only framerate drops but some weird issue where just being in the same zone (not even near the people fighting) was causing my client to have a latency issue where everything was delayed until I left Orgrimmar. The engine can *barely* handle where the game is now, updating the graphics further is just going to make that worse.
    That's mostly due to CPU, not graphics. WoW is most bottlenecked by CPU, not GPU. When you're "lagging" from lots of players being in the same area, it's not solely from the graphics, but also from your CPU having to handle all those players and their movements/actions. Even in retail WoW, it's not fully optimized for multi-core CPUs, so it still gets bottlenecked a good deal.

Besides, it's WoW: there's going to be a graphic setting slider(s) just like every other game, so that you can still play the game on a toaster.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-05-08 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    play live wow then, and let the people who don't consider legion character animations an upgrade enjoy classic?
    Do you SERIOUSLY think the WoD model update from Vanilla WoW models WASN'T an upgrade?

I seriously hope we can use the updated models in Classic. I want to play Classic for the experience, not to try to fool myself into thinking it's 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    People are braindead if they think Blizz will release Classic with awful 2004 graphics. Look at what they did with Starcraft Remastered: No changes to the gameplay, but complete overhaul of the graphics and some extra UI stuff. That's likely what they're going to do with vanilla.

I'd love to have updated graphics. Giving a good old game a fresh coat of paint never hurt.

That's mostly due to CPU, not graphics. WoW is most bottlenecked by CPU, not GPU. When you're "lagging" from lots of players being in the same area, it's not solely from the graphics, but also from your CPU having to handle all those players and their movements/actions. Even in retail WoW, it's not fully optimized for multi-core CPUs, so it still gets bottlenecked a good deal.

Besides, it's WoW: there's going to be a graphic setting slider(s) just like every other game, so that you can still play the game on a toaster.
    You misunderstood me. I'm not just talking about framerate issues near the groups. There's a zone latency issue when there is too much going on at the same time. Doesn't matter where you are relative to the activity, just within the zone.

Well, you don't see many reboots with their original graphics being used. This is a special case, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Do you SERIOUSLY think the WoD model update from Vanilla WoW models WASN'T an upgrade?
    undead male

10+ Year Old Account

I seriously hope we can use the updated models in Classic. I want to play Classic for the experience, not to try to fool myself into thinking it's 2004.
    For some races the update was good, but (and this is my opinion) tauren, undead and night elf got butchered
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I'm surprised you said night elves, the original night elf model was notorious for having terrible flipper hands. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised you said night elves, the original night elf model was notorious for having terrible flipper hands. lol
    Still looked better than the abomination we have now
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.