So, i read the news, and when you think WoD story could not be worse.....

AU draenei went full yolo evil

Grom's son goes to their side... they rly want to butcher the hellscream legacy, why? stop beating the dead horse

Thrall's AU counterpart, female and tsundere

who is doing those quests, are they for real, like, doing things knowing it will go live?
    Last edited by Jailson Mendes; 2018-05-09 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    So Garrosh was no meme right about these people.
    The first actual no meme he was right about, this is for the text books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    So, i read the news, and when you think WoD story could not be worse.....

AU draenei went full yolo evil

Grom's son goes to their side... they rly want to butcher the hellscream legacy, why? stop beating the dead horse

Thrall's AU counterpart, female and tsundere

who is doing those quests, are they for real, like, doing things knowing it will go live?
    I am 100% convinced blizzard devs are betting each other how far they can push this bullshit until people get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    No one can stop the Draenei inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Clearly this is setting up the lightbound draeneii and lightbound orcs becoming an alliance allied race.
    Lightbound Orc Paladin as alliance race would be hysteric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yay, I can boast now about Geya'rah being Durotan and Draka's daughter, aka AU Thrall. Makes me wanna tag some naysayers
    Anyone with half a brain should have expected this. There was literally no indication she would be Grom's daughter.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Worgen have been around as cursed enemies of both factions since the game started. The Worgen of the Alliance were cured of the fulltime curse; but, its surprising that the Alli can trust a race that was under control of a more powerful force that invaded lands near them and attacked innocent people.
    What I mean is there is a clear arc that spans entire expansions. You get to fight them, experience them as enemies and then you get to see another story; their origin, their background, how it ties into former members of the Alliance and how present-day members of the Alliance help these get back in with them and find a cure. Alliance lore, night elven lore, human lore, Scourge lore, Forsaken lore, the Horde and everything inbetween ties into the worgen.

This is a lot different than, say, humans that are simply oversized or elves that popped out of the woodwork and contradict themselves(ie defending Silvermoon by fighting against it).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    elves that popped out of the woodwork and contradict themselves(ie defending Silvermoon by fighting against it).
    They shall learn of our peaceful ways... BY FORCE
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    LOL Just a couple of days ago I wondered what the hell is up with the AU Draenor draenei seeing as we're getting to see what's up with the Mag'har.

First Grom Hellscream ends up being a good guy after literally trying to conquer Azeroth and subdue the entirety of AU Draenor to his will(lol @ "Draenor is free!"), but now Y'rel ends up being a villain, together with all the other draenei who helped stave off the Iron Horde. Now not only are these draenei fighting the decent Frostwold orcs, but there's also "LIGHTBOUND" orcs killing other orcs?

Jesus Thrall Christ in a wheelchair, what is going on? What are the people in the lore and story department injecting into their systems.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The naaru don't have concepts such as gender.
    they do seem to have gender. xe'ra is the lightmother, she uses a feminine voice. there are a few times where other naaru are referred to as "he".

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Can you actually assign them a gender by vagely basing it on how their names sound?

I think Xe'ra for one plays in another league, even among Naaru and most of them we meet were usually in an underdog position and could not establish hard order, since there were always outside threats. After HFC we left them with a power vaccum, 30 years of time and a half developed character (Y'rel). For all we know they aim to do that everywhere, when they watch over more than the last scraps of civilization that hangs by a thread (Outland).
    a'dal never attempted anything like that. in fact, he preached the exact opposite.

Deleted
    I think we will see some more of this 'Lightbound' stuff. If you read the text, it says they all worked together peacefully and it was great times and then suddenly the Draenei started going all fanatic Warhammer 'light'. My guess is, Yrel trusted the Light and took an offer from one of the Naaru. Only the Naaru didn't tell her, she'd give up her free will in the process.

And I still think there's different Naaru, some like Xe'ra and some like A'dal, who was no fanatic. He let everyone do as they wanted in Shattrath and only took willing supporters. And still protected everyone from the Legion, even the 'darker' guys.
    Unless he tricked us too and actually turned Liadrin into a lightbound, just more subtle maybe. Hah!
    Oh! And there is no A'dal in Draenor, or there shouldn't be, because on Outland it was Khadgar that got A'dal to join them, when he tried to get help from somewhere in the Twisting Nether. What if alternate Xe'ra showed up in A'dals place and turned the Draenei?
    I'm really curious now.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    LOL Just a couple of days ago I wondered what the hell is up with the AU Draenor draenei seeing as we're getting to see what's up with the Mag'har.

First Grom Hellscream ends up being a good guy after literally trying to conquer Azeroth and subdue the entirety of AU Draenor to his will(lol @ "Draenor is free!"), but now Y'rel ends up being a villain, together with all the other draenei who helped stave off the Iron Horde. Now not only are these draenei fighting the decent Frostwold orcs, but there's also "LIGHTBOUND" orcs killing other orcs?

Jesus Thrall Christ in a wheelchair, what is going on? What are the people in the lore and story department injecting into their systems.
    Just WoD being WoD and the faction war nonsense requiring someone to be sneering villains.

The funniest part is Eitrigg going on about how the Horde helped the Draenor Orcs rid themselves of a tyrant... while speaking to the very guy who was the tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    The problem is, up until Xe'ra, every naaru we've met seemed to be selfless, benevolent defenders of life. Not everyone in Shattrath was some lawful good zealot but A'dal didn't order them assimilated or killed.
    They were trying to rescue people and flee from the Legion back then, and were waging a guerilla war that prevented them from properly consolidating their forces. Now? Now they've got a small window of time where the Void is going to try its damnedest to makeup for every Void world the Legion has purged, to flow into that power vacuum and take over.

The greater good clearly demands that the Light do the same. It must establish an army capable of warding off the Void, and it has to do it fast. It has to do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Just WoD being WoD and the faction war nonsense requiring someone to be sneering villains.

The funniest part is Eitrigg going on about how the Horde helped the Draenor Orcs rid themselves of a tyrant... while speaking to the very guy who was the tyrant.
    True...but Garrosh deceived him into being a tyrant

Deleted
    Alex said something like this was coming. (From the US forum)

https://youtu.be/wqA2A5kh_3w?t=12m30s

"[Anduin] also understands the Void. He does. He understands it as any priest would. The discipline of it all, discipline no pun intended. But there is the Void and there is the Light. And it's also just something to understand in general, what is the Void? I feel like we try to personify evil, it's intent. The reality is it's way more gray than black and white. One day I hope to be able to go the Void and I hope for us to see the horrors within that the Light is causing. Because that's where you get the perspective of things. Planets entombed in Void here and tentacles rising devouring entire planets on this side of the Void, is there a counter to that? Where we go to the Void and see entire planets crystallized in pink yellow plating of the Naaru and the Light, and how tyrannical that is to the inhabitants of those worlds? What does that even mean? I hate categorizing things, even the Void, yeah the Void has bad and terrible things, it has the Void Lords and the Old Gods and the terrible decrepit things that they do, but again that's from our perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I know right? It's bad, unbelievable and just stupid.

"Repay us the debt of dethroning you."

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    True...but Garrosh deceived him into being a tyrant
    That's not much of a defense when the Iron Horde proceeded to be just as much of a bunch of gratuitous puppy-kicking villains as the original Horde was under his leadership.

If anything, the Light and Shadow are more "morally grey" than the Alliance/Horde conflict this Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Alex said something like this was coming. (From the US forum)

https://youtu.be/wqA2A5kh_3w?t=12m30s

"[Anduin] also understands the Void. He does. He understands it as any priest would. The discipline of it all, discipline no pun intended. But there is the Void and there is the Light. And it's also just something to understand in general, what is the Void? I feel like we try to personify evil, it's intent. The reality is it's way more gray than black and white. One day I hope to be able to go the Void and I hope for us to see the horrors within that the Light is causing. Because that's where you get the perspective of things. Planets entombed in Void here and tentacles rising devouring entire planets on this side of the Void, is there a counter to that? Where we go to the Void and see entire planets crystallized in pink yellow plating of the Naaru and the Light, and how tyrannical that is to the inhabitants of those worlds? What does that even mean? I hate categorizing things, even the Void, yeah the Void has bad and terrible things, it has the Void Lords and the Old Gods and the terrible decrepit things that they do, but again that's from our perspective."
    There were better ways to show the Light in a bad way. Not only does it take a dump on the AU draenei, but it also takes a dump on the AU Mag'har as a whole because the conversations are extremely bad and disjointed from what happened.

They continue to make WoD and the AU more and more stupid. It's amazing that they had to make the Draenei of all people the bad guys just so they could have an excuse to send the brown Orcs over to us.

Although I kind of want this to be a huge fakeout. Like we come back at some point to find the Lightbound and Yrel living in a paradise with all the races united in harmony except Grom's angry Orcs. Meanwhile we have paladin Garrosh hugging kittens.

That would be pretty funny.