Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mace is 7m, Hack is 15, you can use it and stay safe, especially from high ground. It’s the armour that’s the problem, with her ult not fading and armour packs, everyone seems to always have some to half her already low DPS.
    When you hear the hack sound you spin in her direction (if you have good speakers with surround sound) to interupt the hack, then you stun forward to put yourself into whipping range, then mace to finish. 15 meters is easily covered and no hack goes off. Not to mention Brig should be in the middle of her team making it hard to single her out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Hanzo pretty much every game. Sym's for 1/2 of them. Lot of double sniper groups. Support trying to go full damage and not heal the team. Typical season.
    Typical seasons were dive and deathball, now it is attackers are all ranged and you get several picks from range before you move in. Brig can't heal if she can't get into range.

Orisa Zen, Widow, Soldier, Hanzo, McCree and your own Brig in case they decide to come get you or when you take the point and need to stabalize your own defences.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-05-06 at 04:57 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just **trying** to go up 100 points in this game is the equivalent
    of trying to climb Mt. Everest without any gear.

Spent hours trying, only to get nowhere. Instead, the game finally
    causes me to go on a losing streak instead.

I swear the incompetence in the design of this game's MM and
    system are just astounding.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-05-06 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    When you hear the hack sound you spin in her direction (if you have good speakers with surround sound) to interupt the hack, then you stun forward to put yourself into whipping range, then mace to finish. 15 meters is easily covered and no hack goes off. Not to mention Brig should be in the middle of her team making it hard to single her out.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical seasons were dive and deathball, now it is attackers are all ranged and you get several picks from range before you move in. Brig can't heal if she can't get into range.

Orisa Zen, Widow, Soldier, Hanzo, McCree and your own Brig in case they decide to come get you or when you take the point and need to stabalize your own defences.
    As stated, typical season. This comp isnt new to me as this is average for most teams I get since I started in season 1.

- - - Updated - - -

So the question is: do I try climbing and just say "fuck the group, I'm playing what I'm best at," or "group needs X, Y, Z, role, guess I'll swap for the win?"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the question is: do I try climbing and just say "fuck the group, I'm playing what I'm best at," or "group needs X, Y, Z, role, guess I'll swap for the win?"
    I didn't get out of Plat hell until I said fuck everyone I'm playing hitscan no matter what. There was an oddball game where going a support role made the perfect comp and I did it, or if a group asked for something specific b/c they were running a strat. But 95% of the matches you should be playing your strongest hero for the meta.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I didn't get out of Plat hell until I said fuck everyone I'm playing hitscan no matter what. There was an oddball game where going a support role made the perfect comp and I did it, or if a group asked for something specific b/c they were running a strat. But 95% of the matches you should be playing your strongest hero for the meta.
    I wish I could play my strongest hero, on Reaper I could go on a tear and carry to victory to the point people were accusing me of aimbotting until they see my shaking from carpal tunnel aiming in potg. I use sniper flicks on shotguns and it works out very well for me but with the new meta if Brig is on the field I can't do jack shit. Now I have to get a lot of Hanzo practice in to get up to the point I was at with Reaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, played a game on Hanzo where I use jump to fly around corners firing my multi strike arrow, took out three targets with headshots and they were not even looking where I ended up.

Mental note, don't have three squishies in a narrow hallway when Hanzo has his E ready to fire. It looks like Bastion on steroids.

I had a game on route 66 where I face shot a frozen monkey and saw Anna coming up the right angled train cart so I fired a headshot and saw a red skull pop up but Anna was still alive, I was like, "Wtf?" Then in POTG I realized that the skull was for an invisible Sombra whose head got caught in the path of my arrow and Anna's head. LOL!
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-05-07 at 04:41 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    *snip*
    New Hanzo is a beast. It's actually way worse than scatter shot. I'm laughing my ass off as I get potg on kings row for pressing e and killing 4x more people than I used to with scatter.
    BAD WOLF

As stated, typical season. This comp isnt new to me as this is average for most teams I get since I started in season 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Always play what you are best at until you plateau a little and then you try to broaden your hero pool out.

Whenever I climb on a new account I do nothing but spam my best heroes with no regard for my team unless they show they are competent in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Always play what you are best at until you plateau a little and then you try to broaden your hero pool out.

Whenever I climb on a new account I do nothing but spam my best heroes with no regard for my team unless they show they are competent in some way.
    I'm not saying you are wrong or I disagree with you, but this is a major problem I have with Blizzqrd's SR/MMR system vs W:L ladders.
    The system favors a selfish mentality vs a team play orientation. "Want to progress? Well, play what you are best at and damn the rest!"
    Again, I'm not disagreeing with you or attacking you for what you said as it is, plain and simple, the truth.
    That being said, since I've stopped being a "filler" player and just focused on the 1-3 damage heroes I can be consistently good with my games have been more enjoyable (minus the shit talkers that get mad that I won't be forced into playing a 2nd tank or Support), and my SR gains/losses have seen a pretty decent shift.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, I'm loving these Hanzo changes. The rate of fire and the fact the arrows are straight shots make it so easy to hit your target. I was never amazing at scatter arrow (never played him enough to get the hang of the trajectory and impact from different distances), but his new E is hilarious. Use E, fire 2-3 arrows and hit a moving Widow or Pharah easier than 76 from the same various ranges and have 3-4 arrows left to fire into someone else.
    Lately, it's pretty easy to get at least 2 kills per "E" use if people aren't hugging their tanks.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-05-07 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Just **trying** to go up 100 points in this game is the equivalent
    of trying to climb Mt. Everest without any gear.

Spent hours trying, only to get nowhere. Instead, the game finally
    causes me to go on a losing streak instead.

I swear the incompetence in the design of this game's MM and
    system are just astounding.

Might just wanna get good. Back in S2 I climbed from ~2200 to 3500. And I was relatively new to the game at that time. Took me around 35h though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually enjoying this season, madness. Had a few really good games tonight and made some nice plays.

Best was Junkertown, finished the match with this https://plays.tv/video/5af0d3ec44cc6...sher?from=user and started the attack with this https://plays.tv/video/5af0d42cd6389...kill?from=user

Similar run on Blizzardworld a couple of matches after too, went 4 rounds, same with a Numbani and Volskaya. I'm back up over 2200 now, which I've not seen for a while.

New Hanzo is a beast. It's actually way worse than scatter shot. I'm laughing my ass off as I get potg on kings row for pressing e and killing 4x more people than I used to with scatter.
    YEs but the days of the Hanzo who can’t hit with arrow mechanics to save their life and killing someone every 10 seconds are over. No more fire at your feet and fuck your strafing attempts.

Another nice benefit of Hanzo is it is harder to knock him off ledges since he can jump back to an edge and climb out. Had a Rhog hook me on Eichenvald point 2 and didn’t shoot expecting me to fall to my death so I jumped to the wall and climbed right up behind the Rhog and buried my E in his ass. Hanzo can afford to play closer to the well in Illios.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-05-08 at 12:25 AM.

I'm not saying you are wrong or I disagree with you, but this is a major problem I have with Blizzqrd's SR/MMR system vs W:L ladders.
    The system favors a selfish mentality vs a team play orientation. "Want to progress? Well, play what you are best at and damn the rest!"
    Again, I'm not disagreeing with you or attacking you for what you said as it is, plain and simple, the truth.
    That being said, since I've stopped being a "filler" player and just focused on the 1-3 damage heroes I can be consistently good with my games have been more enjoyable (minus the shit talkers that get mad that I won't be forced into playing a 2nd tank or Support), and my SR gains/losses have seen a pretty decent shift.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, I'm loving these Hanzo changes. The rate of fire and the fact the arrows are straight shots make it so easy to hit your target. I was never amazing at scatter arrow (never played him enough to get the hang of the trajectory and impact from different distances), but his new E is hilarious. Use E, fire 2-3 arrows and hit a moving Widow or Pharah easier than 76 from the same various ranges and have 3-4 arrows left to fire into someone else.
    Lately, it's pretty easy to get at least 2 kills per "E" use if people aren't hugging their tanks.
    The same would still be the case with W:L mmr systems though, you'd still gain more by playing someone you're good at/enjoy.

Anyways I'm glad to see the season is going better, I've been playing a bunch of Hanzo and it's pretty fun so far.

I've been starting to play on PC mvoing over from PS4, rank 24, so not been able to get into competitive yet (but should be able to this evening).

Bloody hell there's a load of bad bad players at new ranks. I mean, really terrible. Been playing mainly Brig, but on PC i find myself with a better awareness of the game than on console for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    I've been starting to play on PC mvoing over from PS4, rank 24, so not been able to get into competitive yet (but should be able to this evening).

Bloody hell there's a load of bad bad players at new ranks. I mean, really terrible. Been playing mainly Brig, but on PC i find myself with a better awareness of the game than on console for some reason.
    Low ranks are swamped with smurfs being intentionally terrible to prevent their internal MMR getting high before they get into comp to stomp people and do their climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Low ranks are swamped with smurfs being intentionally terrible to prevent their internal MMR getting high before they get into comp to stomp people and do their climb.
    Sod, i better start being rubbish for the next level then.

But i think these are just morons too.

What the hell is with games today? Every game has been a loss, every game has had a toxic ahole on the team.
    Had one game with a Reaper, playing against a ranger comp, died every time he tried to push in on the tanks and kept saying the damage need to step it up.
    Multiple games against Pharmercy comps with no one swapping or even trying to counter them. DVa and Winston just letting Widow stand in the open and shoot the team.
    3 games in a row I went against the same 3-4 stack group.
    Last game takes the cake though. Starts 5 damage, 1 tank, I swap to Support and the 1 person who goes tank getstriggered and goes damage. I then get people on my team accusing me of throwing since I was playing Lucio and wasn't on the objective 100% of the time.
    Seriously, wtf is up with today's games?

Few friends wanted to play Overwatch and insisted that I join them, so I accepted. Matchmaking put us against diamonds/masters. We got crushed and I got a bit frustrated by the lack of teamwork (can't really blame matchmaking either, though). Instead of doing another Quick Play, I created a custom game with one of those crazy settings, against AI. Ended up having more fun together, that way.

Too lazy to create a smurf account for this specific case.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Can't say I'm surprised, but it went from having a Brig/Moira most games to a Mercy every game, sometimes even having 3 support.
    I also like how one of my games someone said 3 support is the new meta, to which I replied "not in gold when our heals all expect the other support to heal and everyone does damage and dies constantly." They still stayed on 3 support and surprise! we got rolled hard.
    Oh well, not really angry, just blowing off steam. Hopefully later today/tomorrow will be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also like how one of my games someone said 3 support is the new meta
    It happens quite frequently in mid-high Diamond...can't speak for above that range. Requires a strong tank and two solid dps, but yes Brigitte+Moira+Zen is fairly common now.
    BAD WOLF

It happens quite frequently in mid-high Diamond...can't speak for above that range. Requires a strong tank and two solid dps, but yes Brigitte+Moira+Zen is fairly common now.
    Yes, but like I stated in the same post, I'm in gold and this was coming from other gold players that have no idea how to play Meta. I'm not opposed to there being a Meta, but when someone says it and has no idea how to make it work or play it effectively, it's like watching someone who's never been on a skateboard go up a ramp and try emulating Tony Hawk.