Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Bring back PVP gear, gems, enchants and set bonuses ffs.
    Its not that hard.
    Agreed.

But Blizz makes it hard because they don't understand why a lot of people that do PVE don't like PVP. Blizz can't accept that some players that do PVE don't like PVP and some PVP players do not like PVE.

The group of players that like to do PVE and PVP is not as big as Blizz thinks regardless of what the metrics they farm is telling them.

By looking at everything from a far, realizing the mistakes that were made in the current PvP situation, and understand how to actual balance by giving a care.

Deleted
    Many would surely disagree strongly, but for me:
    Pretty much throw away anything PVP-related that exists, and re-develop a new system. Specifically, stop trying to turn WoW into an eSports game, and focus on fun.

Do away with arenas. Introduce more battlegrounds, and specifically focus PVP around old AV-style mass PVP instead of 1on1/2on2/etc encounters. Add a few abilities revolging around such encounters, if possible (e.g. AE effects are often an issue in mass encounters; so introduce some AE protection/shields as well etc.)
    Introduce a PVP system like Dark Age of Camelot's realm vs. realm, i.e. non-instanced with a server-wide lasting state that had a visible and important impact on the world.
    Introduce more fun situations - crazy engineering items, odd strategies, unbalanced situations, massive 1 hour cooldowns. Add some unbalanced but fun BG gamemodes (yes, the beloved battle royale might even work for WoW - get into a large bg zone "naked", search & collect items, fight the rest until last man standing)

Yep indeed - this will never happen in practice of course.
    Last edited by mmoce52dd080b7; 2018-05-06 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki854 View Post
    #SoloQue

/10char
    Funny enough if you typed it correctly you would have 10 chars.

#soloqueue

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I would love this as improvements:

1.) Gear doesnt matter in any matchmade content (and also not in leveling battlegrounds). The stat tables are fixed and unchangeable. Stat differences only exist in organized battlegrounds and arena.
    2.) premade groups are not to run against complete random groups, which means, that every group built gets into another queue than normal solo queuers.

Then what the fuck are you doing in a MMORPG? Why are you in WoW PvP at all?

If you want dead even gear/stats automatically that can't be changed (and groups) then just play a MOBA or FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Mainly to levelup. And no, gear differences shouldnt matter there.

I dont like MOBAs, i like to level chars in WoW and play battlegrounds whenever possible. And gear differences in low level pvp just leads to twinkers abusing it.
    Low level or max, it's still a MMORPG and that's what people do in them. That's part of the appeal and fun of the genre and nothing is stopping anyone from obtaining BiS themselves.

If you want an instant gratification platform you shouldn't be in a MMORPG. That's what other genres are better at.

I would love this as improvements:

1.) Gear doesnt matter in any matchmade content (and also not in leveling battlegrounds). The stat tables are fixed and unchangeable. Stat differences only exist in organized battlegrounds and arena.
    When are you guys going to realize that you're an absolutely miniscule part of the PvP player base?

The closer to this that Blizzard gets, the smaller the ladder gets. The closer it gets, the less people who PvP.

PvP went about as close to this as it has ever been in Legion... and what was the result?

Oh, yeah, the biggest crash in PvP participation in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnrealDonald View Post
    Many would surely disagree strongly, but for me:
    Pretty much throw away anything PVP-related that exists, and re-develop a new system. Specifically, stop trying to turn WoW into an eSports game, and focus on fun.

Do away with arenas. Introduce more battlegrounds, and specifically focus PVP around old AV-style mass PVP instead of 1on1/2on2/etc encounters. Add a few abilities revolging around such encounters, if possible (e.g. AE effects are often an issue in mass encounters; so introduce some AE protection/shields as well etc.)
    Introduce a PVP system like Dark Age of Camelot's realm vs. realm, i.e. non-instanced with a server-wide lasting state that had a visible and important impact on the world.
    Introduce more fun situations - crazy engineering items, odd strategies, unbalanced situations, massive 1 hour cooldowns. Add some unbalanced but fun BG gamemodes (yes, the beloved battle royale might even work for WoW - get into a large bg zone "naked", search & collect items, fight the rest until last man standing)

Yep indeed - this will never happen in practice of course.
    Your are correct. I disagree strongly.
    Arenas are the only things interesting with wow imo

Give a gearing progression system for PvP only. Gearing in PvE to then do PvP makes PvP essentially pointless. This is a game about ilvl progression, if the ilvl progression is just better in PvE, then PvP is simply a waste of time. Resilience wasn't perfect, but it does exactly what it needed to do. PvE gear was still best for PvE, and PvP gear was still best for PvP. Whether or not its resilence, I don't care, just something that actually rewards you as a PvP'er. Running M+ and raiding to PvP is awful.

Return more pruned abilities, MoP had tons of abilities and yet balance was at its best. The idea you need to prune the game to balance it is misguided. It only makes it boring and lifeless.

Get rid of RBG's, they are horrible. No one does them because it's impossible to get a full team to do anything. 6v6 wont solve anything. How do I know? Because 5v5 arena is still too many people to make that level of regular commitment for PvP, that's why it was removed, getting a group of people for PvE is completely different then getting a commited group for PvP. You raid like a couple times a week, PvP is potentially an every day thing. Bring in the solo queue system, but can queue with a group of up to 5, just like overwatch. Is it perfect? No, but the point is to play with people of relatively equal skill, it doesn't need to be esports.

Do those three simple things and PvP'ers will flock back to the game in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by blehmeh; 2018-05-09 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Give a gearing progression system for PvP only. Gearing in PvE to then do PvP makes PvP essentially pointless. This is a game about ilvl progression, if the ilvl progression is just better in PvE, then PvP is simply a waste of time. Resilience wasn't perfect, but it does exactly what it needed to do. PvE gear was still best for PvE, and PvP gear was still best for PvP. Whether or not its resilence, I don't care, just something that actually rewards you as a PvP'er. Running M+ and raiding to PvP is awful.

Return more pruned abilities, MoP had tons of abilities and yet balance was at its best. The idea you need to prune the game to balance it is misguided. It only makes it boring and lifeless.

Do those two simple things and PvP'ers will flock back to the game in a heartbeat.

i agree.. resilience system was never a problem.. same with balance with alot of abilities.. sure its harder, yet it was done and the game was fairly balanced in both PVE and PVP in multiple expansion.. i believe that the game can get fairly balanced with just number tweaks.. without removing or changing abilities(unless its literally either super op mechanically, like warlocks casting while moving in MOP for example)

also balance as a thing is overrated in general

basically the only thing that can revive PVP at this point is making the game more fun to play.. making your class more engaging and more fun to play.. bring back abilities, bring back entire mechanics etc. And its not only about PVP, for me that affected whole fucking game, when your class isnt fun to play it doesnt matter how many things are there around you to do if its JUST BORING to do them
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-05-09 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i agree.. resilience system was never a problem.. same with balance with alot of abilities.. sure its harder, yet it was done and the game was fairly balanced in both PVE and PVP in multiple expansion.. i believe that the game can get fairly balanced with just number tweaks.. without removing or changing abilities(unless its literally either super op mechanically, like warlocks casting while moving in MOP for example)

also balance as a thing is overrated in general
    Dang it, you quoted me before I added my third suggestion.

And I'd say balance isn't overrated, it should still be strived for. But its just at some point, you have to just accept the craziness. MoP embraced its crazy class design, and everything was crazy OP, and yet simultaneously balanced. It's what made WoW what it is.

Simple, stop worrying about balance and focus on fun instead. Its an mmo with 30 something specs, it Will never be balanced
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Simple, stop worrying about balance and focus on fun instead. Its an mmo with 30 something specs, it Will never be balanced
    exactly.. look at fucking MDI.. how many teams had a different tank other than dk? and how many teams didnt have atleast one ww monk? ye exactly, not many

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    its not fun being smashed because you spec/class isn't on the op roulette atm of balancing. But yes perfect balancing is impossible, how ever both far better balance and mechanical depth is very much possible.

1. Remove templates
    2. Bring back honor grind for purchasable resilence gear
    3. Add/bring back dishonourable kills for world pvp
    Last edited by Stormain; 2018-05-09 at 10:53 AM.

Remove or nerf & reduce cooldown on massive cooldowns.

At the moment, arena revolves around this "POP EVERYTHING" playstyle, where if you don't get the kill you just kite around for 5min and try again and classes are balanced defensively to be able to survive this 10 - 15 second moment where classes are doing 80% more damage and spamming CC which means that outside of that there unkillable.

It's not a fun scene, I want to slowly wittle my opponents down through outplays and pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its not fun being smashed because you spec/class isn't on the op roulette atm of balancing. But yes perfect balancing is impossible, how ever both far better balance and mechanical depth is very much possible.
    You’re being smashed because of the gear way more than because of your spec.

Until PvP remains heavily gear based, there’s not much to do to revive it. But WoW is all about gear since day 1, I don’t expect PvP to change.

Bring back titles for 2s and 5s. Making 2s irrelevant made a lot of people quit PvP.

Make mana more of an issue, it shouldn’t take 20 mins to go oom.

Make battlegrounds actually have relevant rewards

This. This game isnt a moba or fps. 3v3 is garbage. MMO is about WAR, and WAR is on BG/RBG.