Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was till they said theyre getting rid of tier sets and masterloot.

May be you are not, but people are really upset about hella lots of things.
    They remove master and group loot, from now on only personal loot will be available. I can not express how much i am disappointed about that.
    Followers table will again be with us in bfa and i don't see goddamn single reason why it should be ingame once again.
    Terrible class design. SPs and boomkins will suffer alot if things are not gonna change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I was till they said theyre getting rid of tier sets and masterloot.
    Exactly. Millions of ppl (tho i don't personally know even one) are being bamboozled by evil raid leaders who didn't give "their" items that they "deserved"

According to blizzard. This is like their most sold pre-orders for a expansion. So no. You are not alone.

There will always be negativity and they scream the loudest. People who are content and happy about shit doesn't feel the need to tell everyone about it. People who are negative and entitled need to scream as much as they can.

Overall I am pretty positive and excited for BFA, as I was for every expansion before and the only time Blizzard failed me was in WoD...

I wonder if those people who are saying GCD changes are shit, most of the classes are shit actually tried that or they just saw the datamined changes. I tried Elemental Shaman, Resto Shaman, Balance Druid, Frost Mage, Fire Mage on beta and all seemed fine to me (in dungeons, only been testing raids with resto sham, which was also pretty good). I also tried Shadow Priest and I did not like it at all - compared to live, the spec is so slow and the short dots are just killing it for me... Hopefully, they will do something about it..

I tried the Island Expeditions and it seemed like a pretty cool thing I will be able to do with my gf, who plays really casually.

I tried a little bit of leveling - the zones were aesthetically pleasing, the quest were pretty generic as usual, but enough to keep me entertained...

Ppl should stop being negative cos they saw 1/5 of Preach or Asmongold's video and where they said it's gonna be shit...
    Last edited by Grimbold of Skullcrusher; 2018-05-09 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Exactly, yeah. I'm hopeful though.

Then again: I'm always more a "see the glass half-full" kind of person :3

Really looking forward to Warfronts though too. And I don't even like pvp that much.
    All I'm saying is that the 'WoD 2.0 OMEGALUL' people don't know what they're talking about if questing, reputation and dungeon longevity + additional features resemble WoD to them in any shape or form.

Will Islands, Warfronts and PvP be trash? Probably, but most people play this game for dungeons, raiding and collecting vanity items anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Am I the only person actually positive and excited about the game? Someone who isn't so analytical when I play the game? Things like the GCD and Master Loot don't affect me so im kinda baffled like with the flying change. These complaints feel alien to me. I'm just excited about the new expansion and looking forward to the new stuff.
    You pretty much answered your own question in this paragraph. How about you stop and think for a few seconds about certain things that are really important to you within this game and then imagine them getting flipped in a 180 degree angle. Would you just accept that without voicing your opinion, or not?

I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow. All the negative comments clogging up Allcraft. Like, maybe you should take a break from the game? All the damn threads crying about it, people acting like children. People coming up with all these conspiracy theories to retrain their anger.
    Here is a tip for you - if you are not enjoying their videos - stop watching them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Asmongold's video and where they said there it's gonna be shit...
    What Asmongold video? The guy hasn't made a video since the loot change announcements months ago, and his previous video came out like 4 months before that.
    He's resorted to easy Twitch money by catering to 12yos.

Deleted
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm excited, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, and I do believe that I will thoroughly enjoy it. I don't really care for either Asmongold or Preach and at this point actively avoid their videos, they are just far too depressing to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm generally positive Alliance-side, but very dissatisfied with how blatantly Blizzard handed the Horde the "Chaotic Stupid/Stupid Evil" villain ball again at the expense of all common sense and directly contrary to the Horde's supposed plotline/resolution in Mists of Pandaria about tyrants taking the helm and using Horde troops as expendable cannon fodder.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    All I'm saying is that the 'WoD 2.0 OMEGALUL' people don't know what they're talking about if questing, reputation and dungeon longevity + additional features resemble WoD to them in any shape or form.

Will Islands, Warfronts and PvP be trash? Probably, but most people play this game for dungeons, raiding and collecting vanity items anyway.
    I don't even think those new modes will be trash. Probably it won't keep most players busy as long as raids or M+, sure. But still could be lots of fun from what we know so far ^_^

What Asmongold video? The guy hasn't made a video since the loot change announcements months ago, and his previous video came out like 4 months before that.
    Oh wow you actually think the twitch audience is younger than the youtube audience? That's actually hysterical. How misinformed and wrong people can be is just insane.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to it. I even spent $103 on a brand new 21 button dual scroll mouse. ( I have a bad left hand, I want to be able to enjoy it without pain, the naga is worn)

We'll never see another TBC release, I'm ok with that. I'm 10 years older, I don't have the real life time to sink into the game or raid scene. from what I saw and played of beta it looks fun. I have ONE worry, and that's this Azurite thing. If it gets grindy / must endlessly grind continuously, never done for the week to stay competitive. ( like AP ) I'll prob just drop out and unsub until a huge content patch)

Right now I'm excited and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedim View Post
    I clearly do watch him as I still find some of his videos entertaining. But yes, the majority of his stuff lately is nothing but hate and other bullshit to drive up views from controversy.
    You do realize that's nonsense right?

Preach literally states his complaints. Ghost is just loud, it's his thing. Nothing but hate? He just made a video about how he liked the new Prot Warrior. He's voiced a lot of concerns, sure, but to call that hate? Are you new to MMO-C to not know what real hate looks like? Or do you think all criticism is hate?

Also, he literally made a video about the de-monitization issues, hence why he hasn't released any "Top 5s" or "Legacies" since they are the ones that make the most money for him. So your own conspiracies about him driving up views from controversy are a bit skewed. If you're looking for that, you're thinking of "Heelsvsbabyface"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, but we can definitely start making predictions based on what's currently in beta and how it compares to previous betas/expansions.
    No one's comparing it to previous betas. They're only comparing it to previous expansions.

Listening to Preach on YT (which I only did for Legion..) gives me ear-cancer!

With people like Asmongold and Preach making so many negative discussions about BfA. With the forums constantly bitching about all the changes. Even some people I know are upset or negative about the game. Am I the only person actually positive and excited about the game? Someone who isn't so analytical when I play the game? Things like the GCD and Master Loot don't affect me so im kinda baffled like with the flying change. These complaints feel alien to me. I'm just excited about the new expansion and looking forward to the new stuff.

I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow. All the negative comments clogging up Allcraft. Like, maybe you should take a break from the game? All the damn threads crying about it, people acting like children. People coming up with all these conspiracy theories to retrain their anger. Preach even thinks Blizzard is lying to us about why they're making these changes. Why all the loudness and anger? I can't be the only person confused and still hyped about BFA?

Who else is still excited and/or not bothered by the complaints like everyone else?
    it's the forums that practically means:

a)people with complains/criticism are much more motivated to post then content people hoping what they dislike will get fixed, how many 'i love X feature' threads do you see? yet obviously people the majority like certain features since they're using them

b)forums attract toxic people for a number of reasons that are better left to mental health professionals

for the record when i first heard of BfA i was like 'uninspired title, uninteresting plot, probably a filler xpac?' but after seeing more of it over time i changed my mind and now i'm highly optimistic about it (not that it's going to please the said toxic people, those are impossible to please as a whole and therefore best left ignored but it seems like an ambitious attempt to combine the best features of legion with that of older xpacs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Listening to Preach on YT (which I only did for Legion..) gives me ear-cancer!
    I wouldn't go that far, but for someone that makes primarily content on this specific game, he sure knows very little about it.

Not talking about youtube. On twitch he is talking about BFA in a pretty negative way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the Beta and I have to say I'm cautiously optimistic. It definitely does not appear to be another WOD ; BfA has much more substance to it than that infamously bad expansion. There are some changes that are going to be very controversial (e.g. GCD change). People are going to pick up on those controversies, or on something that sounds or seems particularly bad, and use it as a straw man to denounce the entire xpac.

From what I can tell so far, this is a pretty well planned expansion. They are developing beautiful zones and finding new ways to make the central focus on Alliance v Horde more enjoyable than I thought they would. It appears they learned from past mistakes - for the most part - and are going to keep a steady stream of content and patches as they have done in Legion. That said, I'm not sure yet if it will meet its potential. I've personally loved Legion and I'd like to see them keep the same pace and experimentation, the same amount of massive content only with some of the more tedious aspects being improved upon. Not sure if they'll succeed, but I don't see any reason to think this will be a bad expansion.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

With people like Asmongold and Preach making so many negative discussions about BfA. With the forums constantly bitching about all the changes. Even some people I know are upset or negative about the game. Am I the only person actually positive and excited about the game? Someone who isn't so analytical when I play the game? Things like the GCD and Master Loot don't affect me so im kinda baffled like with the flying change. These complaints feel alien to me. I'm just excited about the new expansion and looking forward to the new stuff.

I'm tired of hearing preach and ghost yell at Watcher when I try to enjoy their webshow. All the negative comments clogging up Allcraft. Like, maybe you should take a break from the game? All the damn threads crying about it, people acting like children. People coming up with all these conspiracy theories to retrain their anger. Preach even thinks Blizzard is lying to us about why they're making these changes. Why all the loudness and anger? I can't be the only person confused and still hyped about BFA?

Who else is still excited and/or not bothered by the complaints like everyone else?

If you watch the people who do nothing but be negative it is what you will hear. Those two you mention are nothing but negative especially when something isn't exactly how they want it. Plus these forums and the really WoW ones are nothing but a cesspool for whiners and children to come stomp their feet.