Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    Even more fun, see the cries of the Horde fanboys when it turns out she has nothing to do with it!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    Lol, 90% of the Eredar race became the Legion. Perhaps all tentacle-face aliens should be judged by the majority?
    Haha the salt is strong with you. So it's okay when orcs murder, I assume? haha

Outrage? Why? Draenei are kicking orc's butts so hard they are fleeing in another dimension. I'm proud of them.

You guys are QQing but this sets up for such an awesome "light is the enemy" expansion, as in we could eventually go back to a lightbound draenor of the future, filled with evil-light stuff n shit... that sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Developing a character in the way that you don't like is still development.
    Yrel was bound by a Xe'ra-like naaru, and she needs to do as it commands.

What is wrong with this? Anyone knows why this would be a bad development?
    I loved the broadcast text, can't wait to play it myself.
    I don't think its bad. However, a lot of players chaff at the transformation of Grom from genocidal Warlord to benevolent Orc leader who just wants peace. Now, you take beloved Yrel, who many people would argue should have been the character that they turned Grom into, and instead turned Yrel into a genocidal religious fanatic.

You know those folks that seem to think there is Horde bias. Yeah, this is gonna ramp to that a 11 on a scale of ten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    You guys are QQing but this sets up for such an awesome "light is the enemy" expansion, as in we could eventually go back to a lightbound draenor of the future, filled with evil-light stuff n shit... that sounds amazing.
    I don't think anyone wants to go back to draenor, regardless of what happens there.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think its bad. However, a lot of players chaff at the transformation of Grom from genocidal Warlord to benevolent Orc leader who just wants peace. Now, you take beloved Yrel, who many people would argue should have been the character that they turned Grom into, and instead turned Yrel into a genocidal religious fanatic.

You know those folks that seem to think there is Horde bias. Yeah, this is gonna ramp to that a 11 on a scale of ten.
    Ok "Beloved Yrel" ? Aren't you a little bit too dramatic ? She was just shitty character with idiotic voice and lots of wasted potential.

10+ Year Old Account

Except for you no one else seems to be bothered or pissed by that development. So where are the crybabies? On the Horde side maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Even more fun, see the cries of the Horde fanboys when it turns out she has nothing to do with it!
    Anything is possible. Not sure why Horde would really care. If that is the case Yrel remains a character just resigned to the background with no further character development or meaning. While Grom continues to be developed as benevolent leader trying to unite Dranor in the face of religious fanatics

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to go back to draenor, regardless of what happens there.
    even if the expansion was shit, you cant argue that the place was shit.
    the whole idea was good, it was just shitly executed.
    I'd go back there to visit evil-light stuff, easily. And you can't deny that in some point in time, if wow lives long enough, we WILL go back to lightbound draenor and fight the forces of light.

Deleted
    I'm more surprised she's still canon.

Future raid boss incoming I guess.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    Hell lets bring Yrel to our Universe, it would be good to see female non human lead.
    Damn straight. It'd also be good to have some more offensive, antagonistic Alliance for once... DEUS VULT!

There are always two sides of a coin.

We have heard the version of the Mag'har today. What is Yrel's version of the facts?

I'm actually interested on what happened to Durotan. His murderer might be the true villain of the new age of Draenor.
    Durotan could have be a mediator to stop the war between Draenei and Mag'har, as he always was a force of good and an honorable leader.
    Instead he was murdered. Was it an inside job to keep the war between both parties?
    Was it a rabid lightbound orc that killed him without the consent of the Draenei? (thinks about AU lightforged Garrosh...)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-09 at 03:00 PM.

For me, they should give us some explanation why did this good girl became Adepta Sororitas(Warhammer 40k reference). It would need some questchain or something. This would be good if they wanted to set up some new raid, based on Draenei and time travel(you love it) or just give Alliance some "morally gray" reinforcements(but not allied race, because they aren't distinct aestethically) to do "bad" things.

You may say that we don't need more AU lore. Then, there would be easier way to fix character development(or lack of it) of Yrel. Let's say that some fanatical priest/paladin assasinated her and blamed orcs for this. Thereafter, they wanted revenge and started crusade.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ok "Beloved Yrel" ? Aren't you a little bit too dramatic ? She was just shitty character with idiotic voice and lots of wasted potential.
    Yeah but there was that one animation of her, you know the one.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Haha the salt is strong with you. So it's okay when orcs murder, I assume? haha
    Its either ok for both or its not. You don't get to pick and choose.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    As a Alliance player I'm not outraged but startled, the implications of this points to 2 choices, balance (light and void) or total rejection of both....looks like I was right about the light, we can't trust it too much. Velen learned the truth the hard way. Use the light but do not put your faith into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're not even Alliance. This just pisses off draenei fans.

Can Blizzard just go shit on the humans instead of spending all of BfA fucking over night elves and draenei?
    Why would this piss off Draenei fans? The tables are turned and the Draeneis are the one who goes for the Orcs, for once in their lifetime. It's nice that the Draeneis finally aren't pushovers. Of course I can't speak for all, but even though the text we have been given is hysterical and make zero sense, Draeneis being the "bad" guys is cool.

Full blown warhammer inquisition draenei are something I've never even known I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Why would this piss off Draenei fans? The tables are turned and the Draeneis are the one who goes for the Orcs, for once in their lifetime. It's nice that the Draeneis finally aren't pushovers. Of course I can't speak for all, but even though the text we have been given is hysterical and make zero sense, Draeneis being the "bad" guys is cool.
    Because it's not the draenei's choice. They're corrupted by the naaru. It's another stupid ass corruption story.

And it's obvious they're just there as villains so the draenei are effectively losing the entirety of the development they got in WoD all for the sake of white washing some stupid orcs.

Y'rel... YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.