Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shout out to my feral druid who ran around in intellect leather and had the mace from Zul'Farrak (Hand of Antu'Sul) because I thought that brick of wood and on-hit effect was BOMB (and no I was not smart enough to attack in animal form to think the on-hit would work).

The cringe is overwhelming.

EDIT: Also, shout out to my best friend who was a hunter and meleed mobs. She always died. Because it was a fishing pole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Very early on you could fall into the great forge in Ironforge. Guess what I did? Yeah, died, didnt know what a spirit rezzer was. I remember 9 year old me literally sobbing uncontrollably at the fact that i had lost my lvl 16 warrior. Deleted it and made a new one but was too caught up over my old character that i stopped playing for months.
    This was me as a kid too. My druid got bugged and starting falling through the earth and never stopped. Couldn't rez, couldn't open a ticket. Cried to my mom for an hour.
    Last edited by Zeraiya; 2018-05-03 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent an entire summer grinding the Frostwolf Howler from AV, so I could buy it for marks instead of gold.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't look up much besides lore stuff so I solely relied on my friends telling me what to do.

I was told a paladin should be a healer and nothing but a healer, so I leveled as holy. That's fine, but I was also told that spirit is the healer stat and so I tried to find gear that had nothing but spirit on it. It was like any other stat was a negative or something, and friends kept telling me to do this.

I was told the spirit healer broke your gear if you ressed there, and didn't know about the repair feature. Trying to jump off Teldrassil meant never playing that alt again.

On my first character I managed to drag the combat log away from the general chat and land it somewhere around the middle of the screen, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to re-position it again and so at level 11 I gave up and created a new character.

Not a dumb thing but my first PC (and our internet connection) was so trash that after managing to lag my way into Orgrimmar on one of my initial chars, I DC'd and could never play that character again. As soon as I logged in it would just freeze and DC me again.
    Last edited by BHD; 2018-05-04 at 11:37 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    I didn't look up much besides lore stuff so I solely relied on my friends telling me what to do.

I was told a paladin should be a healer and nothing but a healer, so I leveled as holy. That's fine, but I was also told that spirit is the healer stat and so I tried to find gear that had nothing but spirit on it. It was like any other stat was a negative or something, and friends kept telling me to do this.

I was told the spirit healer broke your gear if you ressed there, and didn't know about the repair feature. Trying to jump off Teldrassil meant never playing that alt again.

On my first character I managed to drag the combat log away from the general chat and land it somewhere around the middle of the screen, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to re-position it again and so at level 11 I gave up and created a new character.

Not a dumb thing but my first PC (and our internet connection) was so trash that after managing to lag my way into Orgrimmar on one of my initial chars, I DC'd and could never play that character again. As soon as I logged in it would just freeze and DC me again.
    on 3.0.2 release I actually had a laptop that would usually take so long to load wotlk zones when using alliance boats that the boat would already be on its way back by time I loaded and zoned in. analog drive and surely was running on virtual memory.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    on 3.0.2 release I actually had a laptop that would usually take so long to load wotlk zones when using alliance boats that the boat would already be on its way back by time I loaded and zoned in. analog drive and surely was running on virtual memory.
    What a time to be alive!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

stacking stamina as my stat of choice as a warlock XD
    refusing to use MH+OH all the way till post Karazhan....
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    - Rolling a tauren warior called 'Smasher' in german
    - Not knowing the difference between greed and need
    - Never having any money, literally 0. Couldn't repair items, couldn't buy food, couldn't even take a flightpath.
    - Dying all the time. Nonstop. Sometimes to single mobs because warrior leveling is just so punishing, especially with a 2hand.

Then deleting the warrior at lvl 36 in a fit of ragecrying

-> Reroll rogue
    -> Suddenly I'm owning

(I was 9 or 10 years old during vanilla)

I was used to mmo style games from playing Everquest. However, I had not played any warcraft games, so I had no clue with lore. Thus, on my first character (undead priest), I was afraid to enter undercity for a while. I thought it was some sort of dungeon. I figured I'd never be able to get my newbie gear back if I had to do a corpse run there.

Later, I equipped a Hand of Edward the Odd on my priest for the proc. I didn't really consider how little I would melee things as a priest.

Also, before I understood how tool tip colors worked for items, I vendored some epic BoE dagger because it was low level. I assumed it wouldn't be worth putting in the AH due to the fees.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my wife's first character in vanilla was a shaman. She was doing some quest with me in the Barrens and ran into a pond in one of the oasis. Well she had no idea how to control a character in the water, and ended up drowning, while I watched in amazement.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I saved up and bought the white quality items from the repair vendors in Darkshore
    Oh yes. I definitely did this.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-Wasn't until level 40 or so that I learned where the Enchanting mats came from. Completly missed the DE spell and was buying dust and shards through the AH while vending the greens/blues I didn't need.

-Spent a shitload of time on lower level BGs which extended the leveling process. I started in tBC so I didn't get any experience out of them but thought it was the smart thing to do to acquire the level 60 epics I could wear once I ding to 60. Little did I know that once I started questing in the Outlands, quest greens were stronger than those purchased epics. Inefficient time spent on those BGs but I did enjoy many of them for the PvP alone.

-Low level dungeons. Let's just say I was confused as to why RFK was kicking my ass hard and filled with elites. Died a few times until I realized that it was a dungeon and intended for 5 people. After learning that, WoW exponentially became more fun as ran more dungeons with strangers.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Spending a month farming up a complete mp/5 set because I thought "never running out of mana was better than doing more healing". Still was nice not having too many oom problem, but simply downranking my heals would've made life a lot more easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started to play WoW...

While questing in Westfall, I asked 2 guys for help and they accepted. Near some cave as we were killing mobs was a chest, they rolled and I had no idea neither how to roll nor whats going on, I just calmly got to chest all excited and looted it - got insta kicked

To think about it, dumbest thing was when I did transfer to new realm/guild and on 1st Lady Vashj kill ( free for all was on ), I looted hunter bow thinking Im autolooting only quest item - and across all screen addon popped that I looted bow, /tongue dropped - from that day I was knows as <HunterMage>
    Last edited by alex14; 2018-05-10 at 11:28 AM.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Continuing with a semi-bad group in scholomance... Struggling for 3 hours... only to loot headmaster's charge in the end =)

This thread explains so much of the wild stuff we used to run into with players.

I played a warrior (still am) and tbh im gonna make the same dumb mistake when vanilla wow will release.

Deleted
    Leveling without talents until level 48 x)

Way back when I began I used to delete items that were upgrades because I didn't like how they made my character look, I genuinely didn't know I was gimping myself

My first character was a druid, started midway throuh BC. I thought I was really OP because I could just cast wrath ~2 times until a mob came to me and I could just finish it with staff auto attacks. I figured that's how it would be all the time, thought it was way too easy. Boy did I wake up when I encountered the raptors within their nest in the barrens...

Also the obligatory WC runs; I never actually finished the instance back then despite attempting it a lot.

had my armor, and then a backup set of armor for when i went all red durability, so i wouldnt have to return to town and repair, i could just continue n00bing away