Thread: Symmetra 3.0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's going to be very interesting to see how they handle older heroes in the future. They're certainly seems to be some sort of power creep, or ability creep with new heroes, rendering old heroes like Sym and Mccree unpreferable to others of similar role. They also do this with hero reworks like the new Hanzo. New Hanzo is essentially a better Mccree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Support can do many things, yes ofc.
    But a support without healing is to me something very very unwanted.

Regardless of what awesome utility a support provides if my entire team has to run around looking for multiple medkits then that support is not properly designed.
    Support can have shields and teleports and speed-ups and push-backs and all the bells, but if they lack healing then its just not enough compared to actual healing supports.
    That's why you are looking for a "Healer" and not a "Support". We can have a supports in the game, just that everyone wants to have a healer because it's easier than running around finding medpacks that 90% of the people don't even use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's why you are looking for a "Healer" and not a "Support". We can have a supports in the game, just that everyone wants to have a healer because it's easier than running around finding medpacks that 90% of the people don't even use.
    Not only easier but having a healer means your team can 100% focus on objectives and fighting without pause, instead of having half the team running around looking for medpacks and waiting for medpack respawn.

This also makes the rest of your teammates (who are near objectives) more vulnerable since half their team is not present.
    Not to mention that any kind of prolonged "attrition" warfare is something you will lose because your team doesnt have a healer while the enemy does.

I was expecting only main weapon change, this is more than expected...

Symm never took up healer spots though. At most she will take up a second healer or offtank spot, but usually she takes up a dps spot. I'm sure after her rework it will be even more obvious. It's like worrying about torb taking up a healer spot.

It's pretty sad how she's just in a worse state now than her 2.0 version and she's already completely falling off from relevancy and it's the damn PTR, and no update today so it's just likely she'll be out on tuesday and we are gonna have to wait another year for her fix.

Her turrets need a damage buff because they are still weak
    Her ultimate needs something extra because it's useless and too easily worked around
    She needs photon barrier back as another ability
    They need to un nerf her M1 and then put back auto lock on so it's not useless garbage

They said they buffed her turrets damage but that's not true. Her ultimate needs something extra, it like needs to give a temp 75 shields for allies that walk through that last 20 seconds maybe? It should also probably slow enemies that walk through so it's not so easy to just ignore it. Her photon barrier wasn't great team support but it did help sym specifically for surviving and engaging, why they removed it is unknown but it should come back and her M1 needs to go back to how the live version works but with the range increase like on PTR.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

If they aren't actually gonna make her something people who don't like playing her suddenly like playing; can they just leave her alone for the people who already enjoy playing her and just MAKE A NEW HERO with a portal gun and call her Shell or something totally original.

*grumble*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I like current Symmetra, but I'm really looking forward to 3.0, she's gonna be beast and definitely more useful than current Sym.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    I like current Symmetra, but I'm really looking forward to 3.0, she's gonna be beast and definitely more useful than current Sym.
    lol

she'll be more of a niche than ever before, there is no beast.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    lol

I think they are trying to design her to counter current metas of Rein/Zarya/Brig with the whole “eats shields” thing. I don’t think it will work as it requires her to be so close with low HP that she’ll just get murdered attempting it.

lol

She might still be a bit niche, but less than now. Her M1 is going to be amazing (assuming you can aim a little bit) though I agree about the turrets -- their damage needs to be buffed, particularly since their quantity has been nerfed. Still, the new turrets can stop a doomfist charge, that's pretty nice.

Her alt fire is amazing now as well -- the alt fire will wreck brigitte, even when she has her shield up since you can shoot 'em at her foot and the explosion will damage her.

Her new teleporter opens up so many new tactics that I actually worry it's going to be insane at first until we adapt.

Her ult needs to last longer, but it's amazing for walling off site lines to enemy healers and snipers.

She's going to be better than her 2.0 version for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    She might still be a bit niche, but less than now. Her M1 is going to be amazing (assuming you can aim a little bit) though I agree about the turrets -- their damage needs to be buffed, particularly since their quantity has been nerfed. Still, the new turrets can stop a doomfist charge, that's pretty nice.

Her alt fire is amazing now as well -- the alt fire will wreck brigitte, even when she has her shield up since you can shoot 'em at her foot and the explosion will damage her.

Her new teleporter opens up so many new tactics that I actually worry it's going to be insane at first until we adapt.

Her ult needs to last longer, but it's amazing for walling off site lines to enemy healers and snipers.

She's going to be better than her 2.0 version for sure.
    Have you not been paying attention to the ptr? Her m1 is hot garbage that does not counter shields in the slightest.

Go do some research first before you start getting your hopes up

Have you not been paying attention to the ptr? Her m1 is hot garbage that does not counter shields in the slightest.

Go do some research first before you start getting your hopes up
    I never said anything about her countering shields; clearly it is you who needs to research, or at the very least read the post you're replying to. Her M1 is great because of the amount of damage it does, and it charges on shields.

And releasing new sym tomorrow

Well rip sym, 2 weeks of ptr feedback ignored and now you'll be irrelevant for another year till they do sym 4.0

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow symmetra is really fun and well balanced proportionately! What a wonderful job by blizzard entertainment! ...now give me my endorsement you fools.

feel like trying to pop her ulti now is way too slow to do what its supposed to do

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Her ultimate is arguably the worst ultimate in the entire time.
    Mmmm you like those 200 blocked damage on a 5k shield?

Blizzard literally ignored 2 weeks of feedback on her and just released her. Enjoy shitty sym who will still be a niche teleporter hero until 4.0 next year.

Mmmm you like those 200 blocked damage on a 5k shield?

Blizzard literally ignored 2 weeks of feedback on her and just released her. Enjoy shitty sym who will still be a niche teleporter hero until 4.0 next year.
    On the bright side, the change to her weapon means she can actually be buffed without having a negative effect on new player experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    On the bright side, the change to her weapon means she can actually be buffed without having a negative effect on new player experience.
    That means what exactly? That they would buff her M1? Her ultimate? 2 weeks. 2 weeks of PTR feedback being negative about how her ult is trash and her M1 being useless even on shields and you think the bright side is that she's gonna get a buff? Lol It'll be another year before they do that. Blizzard in general thinks they know better than the players that's why they don't listen. They won't listen til the numbers show sym being a zero pick rate hero again.

That means what exactly? That they would buff her M1? Her ultimate? 2 weeks. 2 weeks of PTR feedback being negative about how her ult is trash and her M1 being useless even on shields and you think the bright side is that she's gonna get a buff? Lol It'll be another year before they do that. Blizzard in general thinks they know better than the players that's why they don't listen. They won't listen til the numbers show sym being a zero pick rate hero again.
    They've taken action with heroes much sooner depending on how they performed. The main benefit is now her M1 doesn't have its bullshit lock-on mechanic and that means they can do things like bump up the damage, revert the charge time, increase width/length without her being the bane of low skilled players everywhere.