Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You look like a slightly larger Bill Ponderosa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can go over your calorie limit with eggs and bacon, though. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it still only really works due to calorie deficit.
    It also works because of Ketosis and Protein vs Carb Water Weight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin.

I'm psychotic ... erm, I mean psychic. I think the story ends something like this:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...m-back-bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Blog posts are not allowed. Mods please close this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    We don't really have any super active mods anymore so it takes a while to get blog posts shut down now. >.<
    This wasn't a blog post if you had actually read it. I even said in the first post "My mom & my little sister did years ago so I know somewhat of what to expect & I'm a member of several Facebook groups for the surgery but I'd like to see if any of YOU have had it & what your experiences have been? " which was asking if anyone else had been through the surgery & what THEIR experiences were with it.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    I started ketogenic earlier this year and am already down 20 lbs. Trick is, it works for some people for others, it doesnt.

It is all about mentality and how much you are willing to put on yourself to do and maintain. A few people I know went with the surgery, but the first reply is right.

These individuals have changed their entire lifestyle.

To the Op: Good luck with everything and I hope to see some updates.
    Tried the keto/Adkins diet and it didn't do anything substantial for me. In the span of 3 months I only lost 15 pounds. I lost that much when I went on my liquid diet for my pre-op & post-op with my lapband surgery in the span of 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    people will do anything to lose weight except go to the damn gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    People would do anything to lose weight, except alter their diet and work out.
    I've went to the gym & did several other diets including a medically supervised diet 3 times (once required by the insurance before they would even approve the surgery). Because of my youth involvement with sports (soccer, football, swimming, diving, and water polo) I have arthritis in both of my knees and can't exercise or walk too much. That was one of the reasons why I needed to get the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You don't seem big enough to warrant gastric bypass, tbh. Regular dieting and exercise work better imo as a slower speed of weight loss + weight training + high protein diet reduces the likelihood of loose skin. Helped a friend lose 75 lbs with no loose skin through that advice, although genetics might be relevant for her as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    To be blunt you don’t look overweight enough to have a gastric bypass. That surgery is supposed to be the last resort for those who are morbidly obese and who’ve failed several diets given by doctors. If you look at Boogie2988 he got his gastric when we was over 500 pounds.

Doing the surgery if too skinny can be a health risk
    I've been told I carry my weight well. I'm 6'0" and weight 345lbs right now as of this posting. The picture with me & the puppy is me a year ago at 355lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Surgery won't fix bad habits. You need to start eating better. What is it you gorge on? For me, it was a bag of chips and a bag of candy per day. It was getting out of hand, so I bought a board for my refrigerator and wrote on it: "Days in a row without chips or candy" and put a marker on it at the end of each day. Every time I got a craving, I would imagine having to start all over and that was enough motivation. Try it!
    Since moving in with my mother-in-law I've been eating better and at more regular hours/intervals. I don't eat out as frequently as I had in the past when I was living on my own. This surgery is going to be a tool I use to get myself back on track. Right now I need the food restriction & malabsorption to lose weight. I don't drink sodas & have never really been a big soda drinker anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck. It's not the safest procedure to lose weight.

At most, I hit gym 5-6 days per week and ran 5km every day. Took 30 minutes total. Lost about 4-5kg in 2 weeks. Which is a lot for my size, I was 71-72kg before, 67kg after.
    You can buy a treadmill and save money in the long term instead of paying for the gym.

And I fucking hate the gym. If I can do it, pretty much everyone can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    This wasn't a blog post if you had actually read it.
    I did. I'll put it plainly then.

1) I'm not your bitch. Since this is the second time you've tried that on, you can drop it now.

2) If you have a question, ask it. I don't need your ban history, life history, psych evaluation, and accompanying pictures. That's where it became a blog post.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) I'm not your bitch. Since this is the second time you've tried that on, you can drop it now.

2) If you have a question, ask it. I don't need your ban history, life history, psych evaluation, and accompanying pictures. That's where it became a blog post.
    1) I didn't specifically call you a bitch but if the offensive shoe fits....

2) I posted ONE line about being back from a ban & ready to post again & proceeded to post what I did and asked the question I did. I included the background because some times people actually include stuff like that in posts that are NON-GAME RELATED like this one. I was not asking for medical advice. I was asking if anyone has been in a similar situation and how they are doing with it.

3) Seriously get over yourself. If you didn't like the post, you shouldn't have commented. But you did for some reason feel the need to comment on it and here we are...

I hope it works out for you OP. I think these surgeries are sort of catch 22 type of deals however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    @gaymer77 Get over yourself sounds like advice you should take the lead on.

You didn't "specifically call" me a bitch, but since you addressed everyone with that word it is fair game. Maybe you think it sounds campy and choose to use it for that effect, but it inherently asserts dominance over your audience and you can stuff that in your ear.

While I'm glad you managed to hold your ban comments to a mere one line, they were unnecessary last time and not needed to introduce your claimed topic in this thread. Topic is used to set out what something is about, your topic is about you and you've just tagged on your medical stuff to dodge the lock the last one got. By using your "I'm back bitches" topic you may even have missed input on your question since nothing signals you're asking if anyone has been in a similar situation and even someone clicking on the post has to plow through your blog to find the point.

I "shouldn't" have commented? Again, you put something out there, it is fair game. Refer back to your "get over yourself" advice. Live with it, I'm not your bitch and I'll make my own choices.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I felt like saying more, but the short of it is simply that a surgical procedure will not correct the wildly incorrect modern diet. If you have this procedure performed and then go right back to eating the modern diet your success is likely to be very temporary.

The modern diet is literally toxic to humans. I'd argue that this is your actual problem and not weight per se.

I eat something like a standard Keto diet, except that I focus especially carefully on high fiber and high vegetables as very significant parts of my diet. For me its no longer a diet as such, I'd say "lifestyle" might be a better choice given the modern meanings of certain words. The Keto lifestyle is hard at first but the longer you stay on it the more you realize that the way you were eating before made no sense and was dangerously unhealthy. You even get to the point where you don't even want many of the foods you once considered very desirable. Carbs and processed foods figure significantly among the foods I no longer even want to eat - I can't use them and my body no longer even wants them.

This takes time and is not overnight.

But the benefits are truly numerous. My healthier eating habits have honestly turned back the clock for me almost 25 years. I was always young looking, at least ten years younger than my actual age. But I am losing grays replaced with dark hair. Where my hair was thinning its coming back thicker. I've lost weight and I seem to gain muscle more readily. My sexual appetite and ability is that of a far younger person. And the list goes on...

No surgery necessary.

Just some thoughts, best of luck to the OP.

I am happy for you that you noticed your morbid obesity and tried to do something with it! Yeah, you failed spectacularly, but at least you know of the disgust you invoke in other people! Keep trying!

Deleted
    Did you try hard work and discipline? Surgery will not fix a lazy lifestyle.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    As many have said; you can't outrun a fork.
    Just drop it already if you don't want to end up in a straitjacket for your own health.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just back from a 2 week ban and I'm itching to start posting stuff!!!!

Some of you may have read in other posts about how I'm having the gastric bypass soon. My surgeon's office called earlier today to go over my pre-op instructions & to confirm my surgery date. So excited to finally be getting this one. I have been on this road since 2012. In under 2 weeks my new life begins. I can't wait for May 18th! I go in for my pre-op appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday & I'm still waiting for the hospital to call to give the final instructions.

My background story is I was athletic/trim all the way through school unti I came back from summer vacation after my sophomore year. The below picture is my sophomore school picture.

During the summer, the depression I'd been having going back to 7th grade raised its head and went into full bloom that summer. I had no energy to go swimming daily like I had in the past. I had no energy to do anything other than sit around in the house watching TV, playing video games, and sleeping and of course eating constantly. I started my junior year weighing 220lb on my 6'0" frame. I felt fat and looked really chunky. Through the year I put on more weight because I wasn't getting help for my depression. I graduated high school a fat man. When I weighed myself a week after graduation I was at 245lbs. The below picture was taken with my girlfriend of the time at the beach the summer after I had graduated.

Flash forward several years. I got help for my depression. I was actually told I'm bipolar not just depression. I have been taking medication religiously since then. Several bad relationships (a few cheaters, one beater, all losers), loss of my best friend who was also my younger sister unexpectantly on Christmas Eve 2004, loss of my mother who I was living with 2 years later suddenly, and turning to food for comfort from all those things and you had me in all my glory at 295lbs as shown in this picture

I had found a doctor who would do a lapband on so I could lose weigh. He rushed me through the process because he was going to be moving out of state by the end of that year. I had the surgery and within 2 months he was off in Arizona or New Mexico in his new practice. I was having constant pain in my stomach where he put it in and I started trying to find someone who would take the damn thing out. No such luck. Nobody took both of my insurances which would mean I could use my primary insurance but be left with a substantial portion I would have to pay. I gave up. Two years later I was looking through the insurance company directories I could pick from for my new plan and this world renown surgeon was in their network. I switched plans and set up an appointment with him. The picture below is how much weight I GAINED while having the lapband in place.

Long story short is I did all the stuff he required & all the stuff the insurance company is requiring for approval and I am going to be having my gastric bypass on May 18th by an excellent surgeon. I start my new life then. Have any of you or your loved ones had bariatric surgery? My mom & my little sister did years ago so I know somewhat of what to expect & I'm a member of several Facebook groups for the surgery but I'd like to see if any of YOU have had it & what your experiences have been?
    surgery ? you look fine.
    ive seen waaaaaaaaay bigger beer guts than that. bit o park run and an interest in a sport and you could drop that in 12 months

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    surgery ? you look fine.
    ive seen waaaaaaaaay bigger beer guts than that. bit o park run and an interest in a sport and you could drop that in 12 months
    I've seen similar guts on the powerlifters in my gym...

Want a new hobby OP? ;P

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I struggle with my weight too, OP. Today I'm getting an exercise bike and I intend to use that puppy every damn day. Partially to counter the fact that I live a very sedentary lifestyle (job is almost 100% sitting in a chair, most hobbies are sitting in a chair), partially because I want to start feeling better about myself.

Good luck with your surgery, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Why is this even a thread? Does someone actually care?
    Given the number of people posting their own (or second-hand) experience of gastric surgery and related weight-loss techniques it seems pretty clear that yes, some people do care.

My metabolism works well with the food I want to eat and my normal activity to keep me steadily in the "healthy weight" range but I feel for people who aren't as lucky, especially those who gained weight due to mental health issues and struggle losing it. I hope it works out for you, OP, and the surgery leads you to the healthier life you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I did. I'll put it plainly then.

Are you confusing the forum with Yahoo Answers? This isn't a place for Q&A, ideally someone makes a forum post about a subject and if people are interested they reply and discuss things. Sometimes it might be informative, sometimes more combatitive and occasionally just fun. Either way if you don't like a particular subject it's usually better to ignore it than to come in and just shit all over the place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Given the number of people posting their own (or second-hand) experience of gastric surgery and related weight-loss techniques it seems pretty clear that yes, some people do care.
    Seems more like a feelsy "I'm special" bang wagon, similar to the garbage one would find on Facebook. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Seems more like a feelsy "I'm special" bang wagon, similar to the garbage one would find on Facebook. /shrug
    Well you must feel great being both feelsy and edgy, clearly the most "I'm special" person here. Good for you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Well you must feel great being both feelsy and edgy, clearly the most "I'm special" person here. Good for you!
    Certainly not "special" enough to make what's effectively an inane blog post on a forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I know two people personally who had it, lost a ton of weight, and because there was never any lifestyle change they either plateaued (but at a better weight than previous) or gained a lot of it back.

As someone who has lost 130lbs (but without surgery) I wish you the best of luck, it is definitely a life-changing experience and I learned a lot about my body and in general how the body works.
    My goal is to be under 200lbs but I would LOVE to hit the 180 mark. I've already implemented the the healthier lifestyle & eating but because of the weight and pressure on my knees from the arthritis from my the sports of my youth, I can't do much in the way of exercising until I've dropped at least 50lbs with the help of the food restriction & malabsorption from surgery. I've already made a promise to my boyfriend that once I hit 290 we're hitting the gym together 3 times a week. 3 weeks post-op we're going to be taking our dog Xena (the one in the picture in the first post here) on walks around the block at night.

My mom & little sister both had the surgery many many years ago (and both have passed on from non-surgery related issues). My little sister went from a size 28 to a size 0 in a little over a year's time but then went up to a 5/7 which actually looked a lot better on her frame than the 0 did since she was 5'9". She stuck to the program. My mom didn't lose as much but that's because she didn't stick to the plan and ended up turning to alcohol because of problems with my father & due to my sister's death. She still lost a significant amount of weight but nowhere near what my sister lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, the psychological issue is that you want to eat. The bypass seems to inhibit that desire... at least for a while, considering how many relapse back into obesity anyway.
    Ive never been a skinny feller don't care to be. My Aunt had that done and with what she went through with the aftereffects I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
    Surgery wont change your state of mind. You stomach will be forced smaller and youll still want your dingdongs and pizza. If you are unable to learn self control now youll just re-expand your stomach and nothing will have been gained. But whatever floats your boat. I hope someone cutting on you brings you the happiness you can't go out and get for yourself.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM