Features and Changes that could save PvP in Wow

So I fell over this article on the official Wow Page on Facebook.

https://www.progamerreview.com/world...ould-be-fixed/

It has some interesting Ideas for sure. Heres a quick recap:

1. Bounty Hunting
    2. City Defense/Assault World Quests
    3. Colosseum – Player versus Player iteration of Brawler’s Guild(Ranked 1v1 PvP)
    4. Gurubashi Arena World Quest
    5. New Battlegrounds & Content
    Overall PvP Overhaul – Templates, nerfs to tanks, defensive cooldowns, and self-healing

Obviously, the article goes into explaining it in more detail. Anyway. What are the features that would get you interested in PvP again?
    For me Bounty Hunting done right, 1v1 ranked and new bgs would probably do it. Revamped Gurubashi arena also sounds amazing.
    We humans have to stick together

I think if they beefed up the rewards a bit in regular battlegrounds, more people would go in them, then perhaps branch out after trying BG's. There seems to be a dichotomy, PvP'ers vs the Non's, I think the key is to draw in more people, and they could possibly do that with the basic BG's first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    I think if they beefed up the rewards a bit in regular battlegrounds, more people would go in them, then perhaps branch out after trying BG's. There seems to be a dichotomy, PvP'ers vs the Non's, I think the key is to draw in more people, and they could possibly do that with the basic BG's first.
    They should definitely start focusing more on Bg's. I mean Seething Shore is great and it would be so easy to give us a few new ones over the lifespan of BFA. Just use the Warfront zones and make them into a fitting BG.

I do think rewards will be sort off fixed in BFA though. Not the same random bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    They should definitely start focusing more on Bg's. I mean Seething Shore is great and it would be so easy to give us a few new ones over the lifespan of BFA. Just use the Warfront zones and make them into a fitting BG.

I do think rewards will be sort off fixed in BFA though. Not the same random bullshit.
    Well, for example, getting rewards of 875 gear is not really a stimulus to jump into a BG, and that's provided you win. So that being said, if even for example, they gave wakening essences regularly, so you could work towards purchasing legendaries, even if you didn't win great gear, you had good gear to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    1. Bounty Hunting
    2. City Defense/Assault World Quests
    3. Colosseum – Player versus Player iteration of Brawler’s Guild(Ranked 1v1 PvP)
    4. Gurubashi Arena World Quest
    5. New Battlegrounds & Content
    Yes!

Though don't make 1v1 ranked, that would be highly "unbalancable".

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes!

Definitely agree on #2. Say "Assault on Astranaar", a classic favorite.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I can only hope that PVP gets better in BfA, especially with the new pvp only world and all that, hopefully it really puts everyone in a better place.

In terms of instanced PVP, I'd love to see another battleground, maybe like you mentioned some new pvp type content, but they will need to make PVP worth it or nobody's going to do it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes!

Yea it would be. Although I agree with the point the article makes. It would be unbalanced but it would be insanely fun for the 10 or so specilizations that could compete. And as long as rewards are account wide there is nothing stopping people from making a strong 1v1 class if they seek glory in the arena

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I can only hope that PVP gets better in BfA, especially with the new pvp only world and all that, hopefully it really puts everyone in a better place.

In terms of instanced PVP, I'd love to see another battleground, maybe like you mentioned some new pvp type content, but they will need to make PVP worth it or nobody's going to do it IMO
    Yea. I love PVE but damn I miss the times when I played in perfect balance in a mixture of PVP and PVE. Fingers crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    SoloQ for rated PvP so that I can access the cool rewards without having to struggle with groups that fall apart after a single loss and take another half hour to form.

And all that listed in the OP sounds awesome as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    I tend to agree with this. If Blizzard wants to get PvE players interested in PvP, they need to make random BGs enjoyable and at least marginally rewarding. It also wouldn't hurt to try to improve their match-making a bit.

It angered me to hear in one of the Q&As that random BGs would only be a small source of conquest points and that it might be more efficient to do world quests while flagged than to do random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I tend to agree with this. If Blizzard wants to get PvE players interested in PvP, they need to make random BGs enjoyable and at least marginally rewarding. It also wouldn't hurt to try to improve their match-making a bit.

It angered me to hear in one of the Q&As that random BGs would only be a small source of conquest points and that it might be more efficient to do world quests while flagged than to do random BGs.
    Wait, really? Regular non-pvp world quests will be more rewarding than bgs for pvp'ers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the features sound cool but his opinions on class balance is a joke and some of it contradicts the rest of the post.

He wants a ranked 1v1 mode, but wants 1v1 to be rock paper scissors? How is losing to someone cause you picked a certain class any fun whatsoever?

Says classes have too much survivability even though every class feels like it relies on a healer to survive anything more than a 1v1.

Says classes have a lot of abilities. In Legion. HAHAHAHA

If he wants epic 40v40s to return then classes will actually need MORE survivability, not less. They'll also need much less passive cleave. Big 40v40s are dominated by ranged classes spamming AoE and DoTs, any melee that dare intervene are blown up in seconds.