Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

War Mode bonuses

After the announcement of the new pvp flagging system I was really happy because I absolutely hate wpvp. When I'm in the open world I do not wish to be disturbed by some asshat that has nothing better to do than attack players of the opposite faction , especially when I'm on low level alts. So to get to my point, with the bonuses that are currently on the beta for war mode turned on , I can't help but feel punished for not wanting to take part in wpvp. At the start of the expansion it will be fine to play with war mode to take advantage of the bonuses because we will be separated on two different continents, but that will change in a day or two.If you ask me the war mode bonuses should be pvp specific only.None of that xp,gold or azerite bonuses.On live servers now if I play on a pve realm the only difference is that I will not be attacked in the open world.And before somebody ask me why I play on a pvp realm if I hate pvp so much, when I started playing the game all my friends played on a pvp realm so you get where I'm going and I'm not paying hundreds of euros for server transfers.What do you think about this?

The extra bonuses are to compensate for the chance that you'll be "disturbed by some asshat". Want the extra rewards? Take the risk.

considering leveling is going to take you 1-2 days, 15% increase in exp isn't really much of a boost. The 10% "rewards" are pretty useless too. I'd rather not be disturbed and blow through the leveling so it's done.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Risk = rewards, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    more risks, more rewards
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Damn those asshats playing the game in the way it was intended

Deleted
    I have no problem with bonuses existing for war mode on, but not these bonuses. I think they should be bonuses to pvp only like faster ways of getting pvp gear or stuff like that , I know there is already a conquest bonus. Imagine at the start of Legion when farming AP mattered , we had a system that awarded you 10 or 15 % more AP on top of the AK system.

Quote Originally Posted by Calex View Post
    After the announcement of the new pvp flagging system I was really happy because I absolutely hate wpvp. When I'm in the open world I do not wish to be disturbed by some asshat that has nothing better to do than attack players of the opposite faction , especially when I'm on low level alts. So to get to my point, with the bonuses that are currently on the beta for war mode turned on , I can't help but feel punished for not wanting to take part in wpvp. At the start of the expansion it will be fine to play with war mode to take advantage of the bonuses because we will be separated on two different continents, but that will change in a day or two.If you ask me the war mode bonuses should be pvp specific only.None of that xp,gold or azerite bonuses.On live servers now if I play on a pve realm the only difference is that I will not be attacked in the open world.And before somebody ask me why I play on a pvp realm if I hate pvp so much, when I started playing the game all my friends played on a pvp realm so you get where I'm going and I'm not paying hundreds of euros for server transfers.What do you think about this?
    stop whining. Risk should give rewards and incentive to wpvp is great.
    We humans have to stick together

I have no problem with bonuses existing for war mode on, but not these bonuses. I think they should be bonuses to pvp only like faster ways of getting pvp gear or stuff like that , I know there is already a conquest bonus. Imagine at the start of Legion when farming AP mattered , we had a system that awarded you 10 or 15 % more AP on top of the AK system.
    I don't see an issue with that, personally. There needs to be an incentive to turn it on. Realistically, outside of gankers, a lot of people can't be bothered to WPvP. Typically, I see another enemy player and we just walk by one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine. You'll lose time to getting ganked, and the bonuses are to offset that.

Or you can level up in the first day and get extra xp before any gankers show up

I can't help but feel punished for not wanting to take part in wpvp.
    You are not being punished, you just are not being rewarded. It is like non-raiders claiming they are being punished for not running mythic raids...

The rewards and the use of some honor talents is incentive enough for me to consider having warmode active. And i normally don't partake in world PvP at all.

Players like me are only getting free stuff out of this, so it's a good deal.

The mentality of this is backwards. You're not being punished for not taking part in it, but those that are will be rewarded.
    It's a risk vs reward outlook. Its like trying to run faster vs happily jogging away. If you go the same pace and same route every day, you still reach the goal of the end, but if you're wanting to start having faster times you will go different routes and try to up your pacing. Either way, you make it to the end, but one put some risk in of more sore muscles and fatigue, but gets there a little faster for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't want to turn on bonuses, cries bonuses aren't fair. The internet in a nutshell
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Damn those asshats playing the game in the way it was intended
    Devils advocate, PvP was actually an afterthought by Blizzard and was not originally intended for the game.

I like the bonus personally, and the fact that your talents will be different with the mode on makes it even more appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Doesn't want to turn on bonuses, cries bonuses aren't fair. The internet in a nutshell
    Humans in a nutshell, every human is a hypocrite including myself.

Deleted
    Where did I say that risk taking should not be rewarded? Anyways I guess it's my fault having high expectations for this new system. I'll just have to endure the wpvp because I don't want to be behind on gold or azerite, 10% is 10% after all .

Where did I say that risk taking should not be rewarded? Anyways I guess it's my fault having high expectations for this new system. I'll just have to endure the wpvp because I don't want to be behind on gold or azerite, 10% is 10% after all .
    10% is not worth the risk if it's that hindering to you. Me personally, I'll engage depending on the class.

Paladin? Oh boy will I flag myself for that extra 10%, bubble and pound some face in if I get attacked.
    Rogue? Of course.
    Death Knight? Yep!

Warrior, shaman, and clothies? Nah, too easy to get chained around or ganked.

Hunter? Maybe, I've pvp'ed on the hunter before but not sure.

Monk and demon hunter? Never pvp'ed on them so I'm not likely to risk the grief over 10%.

I'm expecting people to simply run the xp buff up and not attack each other since honor and prestige is useless as far as in game progression is concerned.

I tend to agree that the bonuses are too PvE focused. It could possibly devolve into the state of PvP servers today, where you generally just run by the enemy faction, because of a mutual understanding that this is for the rewards.

That said, Blizzard is going to do whatever they think is best. I just personally think that a PvP mode should reward PvP benefits, not PvE. If it gives a notable advantage to PvE, you'll see many raiders running around with War Mode on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I'm expecting people to simply run the xp buff up and not attack each other since honor and prestige is useless as far as in game progression is concerned.
    Agreed. Beyond gankers, people will come to understand that the mode isn't really for WPvP, just for the extra benefits.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis