Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I've always wanted to see the Scarlet Crusade integrate into the Alliance; a more fanatical approach would give it much needed variety, but within reason and some lore behind it.

WoD itself wouldn't have been bad if the wrap-ups of the stories they created weren't as trash as they were and are(ie Grom ends up being a hero, the Burning Legion "transcends" all realities", we lose contact with the Frostwolves/draenei of AU).
    I will agree on that part. Leveling was great, Spires was an amazing zone and made me love the Arrakoa... and Yrel was a good character.

But then it just went pretty stupid when it could have built up towards ... well, an ending where we march on Argus and fight the Legion there seemed to have been the actual ending for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I will agree on that part. Leveling was great, Spires was an amazing zone and made me love the Arrakoa... and Yrel was a good character.

But then it just went pretty stupid when it could have built up towards ... well, an ending where we march on Argus and fight the Legion there seemed to have been the actual ending for WoW.
    Yeah, that'd be great. Like, using the Black Gate to enter Argus and then go on to fight on multiple other BL worlds.

It's both good and annoying that so many players would've wrapped things up so much better than Blizzard themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Haha well after all those years of war and murders by the orcs themselves, it's good to finally see the roles are reversed.

We found out that even without demonblood, the orcs always resort to violence and hatred. Serves them right...
    About time the alliance races had a backstory that wasn't just lawful good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    What happened?
    The light's influence grew out of control and turned the Dreanai into lightbound zealots and they began a holy crusade on the mag'har orcs of alt dreanor.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I agree! ,,

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah, that'd be great. Like, using the Black Gate to enter Argus and then go on to fight on multiple other BL worlds.

It's both good and annoying that so many players would've wrapped things up so much better than Blizzard themselves.
    Eh, or just fighting on Argus. Have Legion be pushing them off Azeroth, the expansion after dealing with lingering threats like Azshara and N’Zoth while getting the resources together for the Liberation of Argus where it wraps up everything. Seemed like a logical trajectory and a great way to wrap up the game with a satisfying conclusion before time robbed it of that chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I know very little of the overall story with this new Yrel stuff, it sounds like they're going a bit... heretical with the light. Interesting idea, but I'll be a little sad if Yrel ends up being another tyrant we end up killing for loot. She was, character-wise, the best thing about WoD by far.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Can't wait too see the howls of outrage from the Alliance when her apparent new role as murderess religious fanatic in BfA starts to become widely known.
    I remember there was a scrapped storyline in WoD beta where it been stated that Yrel had a dark secret. So I guess they are going that route now or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Scarlet Crusade, Garithos, Blackmoore, Camp Taurajo, the massacre at the shores of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I just hope there's a non-cliche (e.g. kill EVERYTHEENG) solution as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I don't think its bad. However, a lot of players chaff at the transformation of Grom from genocidal Warlord to benevolent Orc leader who just wants peace. Now, you take beloved Yrel, who many people would argue should have been the character that they turned Grom into, and instead turned Yrel into a genocidal religious fanatic.

You know those folks that seem to think there is Horde bias. Yeah, this is gonna ramp to that a 11 on a scale of ten.
    I think people are oversimplifying Grommash. His top priority was what was best for his people. He was deceived by Garrosh into believing what that was was arming, militarizing, and launching an invasion against two forces he was told were out to get his people. Now that that isn't the case, what is best for his people is reconcilliation.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    The Scarlet Crusade, Garithos, Blackmoore, Camp Taurajo, the massacre at the shores of Pandaria.
    Ah, yeah, well there is this stuff too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Developing a character in the way that you don't like is still development.
    Yrel was bound by a Xe'ra-like naaru, and she needs to do as it commands.

What is wrong with this? Anyone knows why this would be a bad development?
    I loved the broadcast text, can't wait to play it myself.

Not to mention that it's been years since the end of WoD timeline like over 30 years, it's more than enough for a person to change either to the better or worse.

Also in the AU their Velen is dead so there is no one could keep Yrel in check and stopping her from going full nazi light mode fanatic.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-05-10 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Yrel has something common with Sylvanas, they are both really sexy so they can keep her alive for as much as they like no matter how ''crazy'' she is
    to me they both have many things in common, the one is ressurecting people without asking and they join conveniently and the other lightbounds them, both are hot and are not that good

This is why I agree that many Alliance players would probably be ticked off by this development. They're always parading these forums, feeling good about being the "morally superior" faction, even though it's just a goddamn game. These losers probably would get upset over this, just like how many Horde players are ticked that the Horde continues their evil antics through Sylvanas.

Of course there are Horde players who enjoy it/are apathetic, but I'm not talking about the entirety of the Alliance playerbase either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    As a Alliance player I'm not outraged but startled, the implications of this points to 2 choices, balance (light and void) or total rejection of both....looks like I was right about the light, we can't trust it too much. Velen learned the truth the hard way. Use the light but do not put your faith into it.
    The lightforged have the void elves and Turalyon and Alleria have each other. What is more startling is implications for the horde now that the blood elves are all sipping the holy kool-aid without an anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This is why I agree that many Alliance players would probably be ticked off by this development. They're always parading these forums, feeling good about being the "morally superior" faction, even though it's just a goddamn game. These losers probably would get upset over this, just like how many Horde players are ticked that the Horde continues their evil antics through Sylvanas.

Of course there are Horde players who enjoy it/are apathetic, but I'm not talking about the entirety of the Alliance playerbase either.
    Honestly, this is how the Draenei should've been from the start, given they were desperate from all the constant fleeing and the naaru had thousands of years to entrench their philosophy in their charges' minds and get the Draenei technologically and spiritually dependent on them.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Honestly, this is how the Draenei should've been from the start, given they were desperate from all the constant fleeing and the naaru had thousands of years to entrench their philosophy in their charges' minds and get the Draenei technologically and spiritually dependent on them.
    And Velen is no longer there in the AU with them to keep Yrel and the Draenei in check to stop them from going full fanatic light worshipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Haha that has nothing to do with it.. I just think it's funny that the orcs are always known for their war, aggression and violence, but as soon as an opposing faction, such as the AU Draenei, people start crying over how sad it is and that peace should be maintained.
    I don't think anyone was happy about the orcs slaughtering the draenei.