Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Right, but Jinyu and Hozen don't have distinguishable women, and only Jinyu shares animations with another existing race.
    True, but Kul Tiran are brand new models, it’s not a stretch for them to add female Jinyu and Hozen. I don’t think sharing animations with a different race is the end all of reasons for an allied race.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Reminds me of the tech oriented "dwarves" from morrowind (elder scrolls) that also vanished without a trace.
    Perhaps its gonna be inspired by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    True, but Kul Tiran are brand new models, it’s not a stretch for them to add female Jinyu and Hozen. I don’t think sharing animations with a different race is the end all of reasons for an allied race.
    Kul Tiran models are seemingly being reused (with adjustments) for Mok'nathal because they're both big stocky half-breeds (or something similar for Kul Tirans/Vrykul). What other monkey race could they use if they made Hozen?

Vulpera only exist because they're redoing Goblins.

Allied Races are ALL about convenience for devs. If they can't reuse something, or reuse a new model for something else, it won't exist.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-05-11 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, a mysterious gnomish vault on a continent without a present gnomish population is a really cool way to tease new gnome lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cyborg Gnomes? oh boy this is amazing or something diferentes more like mechagnomes but with diferent appearance??? or half half !!!

I hope they're robotic/cybernetic looking and not just Gnomes with grey skin tones.

Dat feel when possible gnome Allied Race, and yet still no mechanic class.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Dat feel when possible gnome Allied Race, and yet still no mechanic class.
    There's a game out there without no silly mechagnomes and a mechanic class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Some buildings are in the files too. Unsure if they're used yet as they've only been in the files for like 2 weeks. Many textures and filenames have references to "junker" gnomes as well.

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house01_ruined01.wmo (very unfinished)
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house02.wmo (same as house01?)
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house02_ruined01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_platform01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

Kind of excited for new gnome stuff. It's been a while.

EDIT: Here's the original thread for those that want to check it out, OP forgot to link it. It is from April 10th so a lot has changed in the meantime.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-05-11 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Right, but Jinyu and Hozen don't have distinguishable women, and only Jinyu shares animations with another existing race.
    Beat me to it, I mean Hozen in particular would be as difficult as making an entirely new race. I don't see it happening.

I do like that Blizzard is reaching out to all of the races ever aligned with the factions though, instead of just leaving them as forgotten allies on a continent that's no longer relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    If they seriously half ass another Ally allied race and give Horde something as amazing as Vulpera I'm going to be pissed.

Also if they don't give the Horde Vulpera I'm going to be pissed I really want to race change my goblin shaman to Vulpera, its the only char I haven't been completely happy with.
    There's nothing half-assed about mechagnomes. You don't have to like them, but just because you dislike them doesn't make them 'half-assed'. Just stop.

And don't worry, Vulpera are basically 100% certain going to be Horde, especially if mechagnomes are actually leading up to a playable race (still not fully convinced yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some buildings are in the files too. Unsure if they're used yet as they've only been in the files for like 2 weeks. Many textures and filenames have references to "junker" gnomes as well.

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house01_ruined01.wmo (very unfinished)
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house02.wmo (same as house01?)
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_house02_ruined01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

world/wmo/kultiras/gnome/8gn_gnome_platform01.wmo
    Screenshot - Modelviewer

Kind of excited for new gnome stuff. It's been a while.

EDIT: Here's the original thread for those that want to check it out, OP forgot to link it. It is from April 10th so a lot has changed in the meantime.
    I went ahead and added the link. Thanks for linking the models! The "half and half" aesthetic for their buildings is really prevalent to the point that it will show up in their models.

Like a clockwork Terminator, or a Borg.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-05-11 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Beat me to it, I mean Hozen in particular would be as difficult as making an entirely new race. I don't see it happening.

I do like that Blizzard is reaching out to all of the races ever aligned with the factions though, instead of just leaving them as forgotten allies on a continent that's no longer relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing half-assed about mechagnomes. You don't have to like them, but just because you dislike them doesn't make them 'half-assed'. Just stop.

And don't worry, Vulpera are basically 100% certain going to be Horde, especially if mechagnomes are actually leading up to a playable race (still not fully convinced yet).
    By half-assed I mean same as its base race with a slightly different skin and maybe a couple hair styles/horns/whatever. Lightforged, Void elves, and high mountain are all half-assed, they may look cool but they could have been new customization options for the "base race". Vulpera on the other hand only resemble goblins height wise.

Cyborg gnomes at least makes sense as they're still half-human. Mecha gnomes, lore-wise, they're not even sentient or of free will so no need to drink/eat/enjoy carnal pleasures, so no reason to fight bad stuff. I just hope the mecha gnomes have cool customization options like cybernetic blue/red/green eye, wires hanging out of mechanical parts, mechanical arm, leg, satellite dish on their head, etc.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    A whole page without any mention of a tinker class. Threads goin places.

OT: I'm not sure full mechagnomes would be good though; Junker Gnome on the other hand I've heard somewhere before. Think might have been on bellulars channel where he theorized a race of gnomes that hacked off bits of themselves and replaced it with tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Cyborg gnomes at least makes sense as they're still half-human. Mecha gnomes, lore-wise, they're not even sentient or of free will so no need to drink/eat/enjoy carnal pleasures, so no reason to fight bad stuff. I just hope the mecha gnomes have cool customization options like cybernetic blue/red/green eye, wires hanging out of mechanical parts, mechanical arm, leg, satellite dish on their head, etc.
    Not to mention that them being Gnomes from Boralus gives them a quick and easy reason to fight for the Alliance. Doubly so if we have to rescue them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I still don't see how hozen/jinyu are an allied race.
    They are already apart of the alliance and horde since MoP, they just ain't playable same for the azuremyst furbolgs and few other races.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    By half-assed I mean same as its base race with a slightly different skin and maybe a couple hair styles/horns/whatever. Lightforged, Void elves, and high mountain are all half-assed, they may look cool but they could have been new customization options for the "base race". Vulpera on the other hand only resemble goblins height wise.
    That's... like, I don't even know how to respond to this.

Vulpera are literally the only race that aren't literally another version of a race already in game. To call 'lightforged draenei' half-assed because they are related to draenei, is ridiculous. I mean, you can call them out on not having developed lore and that's a valid reason, but I don't get this at all.

Or are you just saying that nightborne, Kul Tirans, Zandalari, and Vulpera have some special animations instead of sharing virtually all of their animations with their given counterparts? I could kind of understand that, at least. Though I'd still disagree, personally.

Allied races on principle are designed to be similar to existing races so as to limit the amount of work adding them to the game... so that they can add more of them. They aren't supposed to be brand new, but if you are suggesting you just want more variation, I could see that.

I really do hope this leads to MechaGnomes.....AND a storyline continuation or conclusion to the Blingtron War.

Im also hoping.....really, really hoping that this might lead to Tinkers in 9.0.

All speculation at the moment.....but for me just about everything that has been presented about Bfa so far hasnt had me excited for much, but THIS prospect does.

Come on Blizz make this happen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

There's another race on Pandaria that could work as an allied race for the Horde. One that shares animations with an existing race and has models for both males as females, the Mogu. There are many different Mogu clans, maybe there are some that aren't as hostile as the main ones we fought. We already allied ourselves with the Zandalari, why not a Mogu clan as well?

I would be soooo HYPE for mechagnomes