Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    I mean, they want Vanila, I'm pretty sure they are used to dissapointment.
    Im pretty sure someone is used to LFR :>

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to my wife, I do my best work in the dark, so appreciate Blizzard not saying much.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP getting smashed harder than Hulk did by Thanos.

spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Im pretty sure someone is used to LFR :>
    Whatchu on about?

B l i z z c o n
    l o
    i c
    z z
    z z
    c i
    o l
    n o c z z i l B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize the 5 dudes hired for Classic are NOT developers for WoW\BFA, right?

That being said, it was pretty obvious from the get go that release would be near or at november'19 for the 15th anniversary of wow. Expecting regular news about it is just absurd.
    Doesn't matter. The main game is released this august. Hyping people for vanilla while they want to market BfA is just a bad idea. This would reduce hype for BfA and transfer it over to vanilla. You should expect ANY news this blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    On the private servers I've met a good number of dudes that never did classic originally but did play the expansions and almost all of them had a lot more fun on classic. Not everyone's cup of tea I suppose but it's worth leveling a toon and checking it out.
    I played vanilla from beta to end of AQ40, it was fun.. but very long.. Naxx was way out of my reach back then,.. but all in all vanilla was a pretty long and arduous period of wow. I appreciate the nostalgia, but the ruckus that's been had over this seems wholly out of proportion to me. I'd rather have them invest and work on new stuff

I'm far from happy with all the changes that's been done over time, but going back to vanilla won't change that moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I played vanilla from beta to end of AQ40, it was fun.. but very long.. Naxx was way out of my reach back then,.. but all in all vanilla was a pretty long and arduous period of wow. I appreciate the nostalgia, but the ruckus that's been had over this seems wholly out of proportion to me. I'd rather have them invest and work on new stuff

I'm far from happy with all the changes that's been done over time, but going back to vanilla won't change that moving forward.
    I stopped playing a few weeks into WoD but for me the game has gotten to a point where you run out of things to do, especially if you raid, and you're usually chilling out in the main town/garrison/equivalent and leaving it to do weird stuff like collect old world mounts of pet battles. In particular just going out into the world, you pretty much never encounter a moment where you could die. I did some of that LFR stuff for example, and was purposely trying to do stuff to die and found in many cases the game was death proof. I did the mythic equivalent of raids but I found outside of that 3 hour raiding period, I'd pretty much just be on my flying mount bored out of my mind.

For me vanilla was a lot more fun because there was an element of danger when stepping out into the world, especially in dungeons, and in raids... nowadays I see stuff like DK's being able to solo raid bosses though lol. I dunno for me I think a lot of the changes sucked the fun out of the game. I realize that wow has changed to be less grindy for a lot of good reasons, but i think in the process it kind of alienated a lot of the core fan base that loved the original.

Deleted
    I did some of that LFR stuff for example, and was purposely trying to do stuff to die and found in many cases the game was death proof.
    Run LFR Coven; half the raid will beg to differ.

For me vanilla was a lot more fun because there was an element of danger when stepping out into the world, especially in dungeons, and in raids... nowadays I see stuff like DK's being able to solo raid bosses though lol.
    The outside world stuff has most certainly lost that sense of danger. However, if you don't feel in danger in dungeons then you aren't pushing the keys high enough. And, although I only remember one raid boss being soloed (Kazzak), I remember Death and Taxes 5-manning Loatheb.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think we're all waiting for more news, I guess we just got to be patient.

Deleted
    I'm actually fine with the radio silence, to be honest.

No announcements are good announcements to me, because frankfly speaking, if they release classic in the way I'm imagining (no changes!), there just is very little to announce.

Maybe the patch schedule as well as the release date, but that's about all I can imagine. And as for the release date, I'm fine with them just working along and announcing that when they're ready, even if that's just a month in advance or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Run LFR Coven; half the raid will beg to differ.
    There's been a few LFR bosses over the years that required some level of coordination but for the most part it's mostly been collecting epics without ever having to know the fights you are doing. Personally, I just think that type of thing has watered down the game too much.

The outside world stuff has most certainly lost that sense of danger. However, if you don't feel in danger in dungeons then you aren't pushing the keys high enough. And, although I only remember one raid boss being soloed (Kazzak), I remember Death and Taxes 5-manning Loatheb.
    The Loatheb thing was a pretty interesting mechanic (shadow priests with vamp embrace) but it got nerfed, eventually he was able to clear the debuff and putting up vamp embrace put into the effect the 1 min CD on heals (in addition to vamp embrace). That being said while there's definitely more challenging fights now, but for me personally the stuff was getting too homogenized. Most classes had a few damage boosting CD's, a few damage reduction CD's, and knowing when to pop those as well as when to use lust pretty much meant you could clear all of the content. There's been some good with raids no doubt, but part of what made having different classes fun was the strengths and weaknesses that each could bring.

There's been a few LFR bosses over the years that required some level of coordination but for the most part it's mostly been collecting epics without ever having to know the fights you are doing. Personally, I just think that type of thing has watered down the game too much.
    I agree that LFR is essentially free loot, but to understand the real issue, we need to stop referring to loot as 'epics'. Other than a small handfull of exceptions, all max level loot is of epic quality. So using 'epic' as a measuring stick is not really fair. you can run 5man content and get 'epics'. PvP gives epics, crafting, WQ, everything gives Epics.

The idea of LFR has always been pushed as a way to see content and enjoy the story, but that has never REALLY been the truth. Its been used as a catchup mechanic for alts. Sadly, with the changes to gear procs, it is almost a valid gearing option now.

What im getting at is i dont care if the loot is green, blue, purple or red, what i care about is its powerlvl in relation to other content. And currently, the gear rewarded is FAR too high. i personally see that as the issue.

sorry your having trouble accepting it. kinda sucks a video game is your biggest problem. ahh! i remember when I was a kid with no obligations. those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    What extra resources? They stated that Classic has its own team specifically so it won’t affect the development of Current WoW.

Edit:

Titan was never officially announced, it was just a poorly kept secret. And iirc the fact that Titan was cancelled wasn’t something we learned about until a few weeks prior to the official announcement of Overwatch.
    And then there's Ghost.. Announced in 2003 and not officially cancelled until 2014 when they confirmed that Titan was dead.

This is totally normal behavior for a AAA publisher to do. They announce a game and talk about it for a little bit and then nothing for a long time until they're ready to open it to testing. A perfect example is Cyber Punk 2077 which is in development by CD Projekt Red. The only things we know about it is that it's by the company that brought us the Witcher series, and that it's a dystopian future sci-fi RPG. It was announced in 2016 IIRC, and the only thing we have is the announcement trailer which is essentially a music video.

Not to mention, we don't need a whole bunch of information about Classic. We know what it is, what it's going to be like, and most of what is going to be available from day one. The only things we need to know about it is, testing dates, release dates, what changes they're making, what patch they'll be launching from, and if it'll be a progression server. All of that information we don't need until we have either the test dates or release dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    November, December, January, February, March, April...and soon May.

Yup that's how long we've been waiting for news concerning vanilla wow, and you know what? It's just not something a company usually does:

-Only a few updates here and there to reassure us concerning the progress? Sure, that's fine
    -A few hints from them here and there to tell us that we're not being forgotten? Sure, that's also fine
    -Absolutely 0 official news about something that hundreds of thousands, if not milions of people, are waiting for? That's just not fucking acceptable.

You don't announce a video game to let people in the dark for so long guys, I can already see some of you jumping at me :"They don't owe you shit" ,"it'll be ready when it's ready", "be patient", "there's no news that's it", but it's bullshit: after half a year, there's bound to be some progress.

Not to mention that they were supposed to communicate with us, to ask us what we really want when it comes to vanilla.

I'm very disappointed by the complete lack of feedback, and I know that a lot of people are in the same boat: this doesn't sound good at all so far.
    did you honestly think this was happening? Are you so dependant that you believed this was anything more then a lie wrapped up in failsafe excuses? In 3 years when they announce this is never happening they'll cite as many problem as they need to in order to look as though they tried- knowing you will stay subbed all the while. Classisc servers are never happening. All of this is a lie to keep the nostalgia idiot crowd paying for as long as possible
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    did you honestly think this was happening? Are you so dependant that you believed this was anything more then a lie wrapped up in failsafe excuses? In 3 years when they announce this is never happening they'll cite as many problem as they need to in order to look as though they tried- knowing you will stay subbed all the while. Classisc servers are never happening. All of this is a lie to keep the nostalgia idiot crowd paying for as long as possible
    Just quoting this so I don't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Stop with the entitlement, they don't owe you shit. Sit back there and be patient.

Also get used to it because it's not coming out before 2020 and it's a game with absolutely nothing new to show, so they basically can't build up hype around it, specially not for 2 years straight.
    It saddens me to see the plague of fanboys who are willing to pay for something, and then turn around and call others entitled for having expectations of a paid product still exist. Your kind should have fizzled out by now

I stopped playing a few weeks into WoD but for me the game has gotten to a point where you run out of things to do, especially if you raid,
    That was WoD.

We've had an expansion which did the 180 of what WoD did, since then. Legion released more content in 1 year than other expansions had in their entire lifetime, along with keeping world and dungeon content relevant throughout.

The complaint from some in Legion was more along the lines of "there's too much to do".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    ... That's some next level tinfoilery, but Classic is happening. I'm all for letting the nostalgia crowd sweat in favor of the Live game, but Blizzard announcing something only to then not follow through would lead to a huge blowback not only from players that want Classic, but also from people with a sense for what's fair.

Hell, even I would be mad as fuck on account of the fans that just want Classic if Blizzard pulled such a stunt.