Poll: How interested are you in the upcoming royal wedding?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I care more about my dog banging another dog in dog park than Royal wedding .

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get it over with already so we can forget about it - please.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until this thread I was unaware there was a Wedding coming up. So a Solid 0.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Not fussed at all. Massive waste of finances. I appreciate obv its going to cost more, security alone etc. but still,
    tourism industry and souvenier sales will have a laugh at you; such a wedding is a multi-million "ka-ching" event

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Monarchy can go the way of the Dodo, while some are great for injecting money to the economy (tourism)... the rest are absolute leeches born into wealth [off taxes] that do nothing, and costs a lot to keep them around doing nothing...
    Pretty much, just entitled people who do nothing for their money (off the backs of taxpayers)

I doubt anyone outside the UK was aware of it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont care at all
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I doubt anyone outside the UK was aware of it at all.
    Some parts of the US have an odd fascination with the UK's royal family. The media definitely covers it in some aspects as any royal event approaches too.

I was born in England, but currently live and work in Florida. Been getting asked a lot about how excited I am about the royal wedding, whether by co-workers or people I've struck up a conversation with while out and about.

OT:
    I'm not hugely fussed about it all.
    I appreciate what the royal family brings in for tourism, as well as some of the members using their status for the sake of charity.
    I'll probably just look at some photos afterwards, as I appreciate some of the imagery in the ceremonies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    On a scale of 1 - 5, how interested are you in the upcoming royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?
    Let me put it this way. Until I read this thread, I didn't know there was a royal wedding.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even care about 99% of american marriages.

Why would I care bout a marriage in a country that isn't mine?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get an extra day off = i don't care.

Royalty interests me about as much as organized religion.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I don't get an extra day off = i don't care.
    AFAIK happens only for the Queen's funeral day or/and coronation day.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-05-12 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I vote minus? Can't imagine giving less of a shit about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    tourism industry and souvenier sales will have a laugh at you; such a wedding is a multi-million "ka-ching" event
    Exactly. While i don't really care (not into promis at all; still might tune in on tv for some time), it's absolutely FALSE that this wedding is a waste of money. As said above: Tourism alone already covers the cost; these tourists not only will live there, they will also consume and buy souvenirs and so on. I think that the cost of the wedding will be easily covered by this alone

And it's a good advertisment too.

10+ Year Old Account
    -5 out of +5

sadly that wasn't an option on this poll so I had to choose 1/5
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'd be interested to see the exact figures of costs to income from items in relation to it. I'm not saying it won't be a huge amount.

But that still doesn't change my overall thoughts on it. I'm really not that fussed in the slightest with it.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested to see the exact figures of costs to income from items in relation to it. I'm not saying it won't be a huge amount.

But that still doesn't change my overall thoughts on it. I'm really not that fussed in the slightest with it.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...e-wedding-cost

all estimates of course, but it is payed by the tourists multiple times more than it costs the taxpayers. so everybody and their grandma will smile with the couple next weekend. royals should marry more often then

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...e-wedding-cost

all estimates of course, but it is payed by the tourists multiple times more than it costs the taxpayers. so everybody and their grandma will smile with the couple next weekend. royals should marry more often then
    If you want to be technical, its paid by both tourists and taxpayers. It doesn't cost them more than us though. Also, 300k-400k for a wedding dress, that pretty much sums up my entire thoughts on this.

Again, to stress. Completely remove the finances out of the equation. I literally do not give a fuck the wedding is on. No more than I care jim bob from down the street I never met is getting married. I don't care because I don't know these people. That's it.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be technical, its paid by both tourists and taxpayers. It doesn't cost them more than us though. Also, 300k-400k for a wedding dress, that pretty much sums up my entire thoughts on this.

per website article she is expected to pay for her dress on her own (or Harry will lend a hand, my guess) and Kensington Palace will throw some bundles of GBP too. technically the couple gives everybody else the opportinity to reap extra cash; minus security budget it is a surplus easily for economy.