Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Since Fajitas can be pretty much anything I was just wondering how other people make em.

I typically make chicken Fajitas with onions and green bell peppers. I then usually add cheese, salsa and french fries.
    Chicken and bell pepper with the fajita spice mix and lettuce on tortilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So technically, fajita is the meat right? Like, if you cut fried steak or whatever into strips, that's fajita, which you typically put in a tortilla wrap, but can also make tacos etc out of? Whereas a burrito is made with ground meat or carnitas etc?

I have another question. Some Mexican places around here put rice in burritos along with the other ingredients. Is that common in Mexico? I always thought you either had the filling with rice or you put it in a tortilla.

- - - Updated - - -

So burritos and fajitas are both Tex-Mex? Or American-Mexican anyway. Do Mexicans wrap up fillings in flour tortillas - and if so what do they call them? How do they differ from burritos and fajitas?
    In Mexico, much like India with their bread, the tortilla is used as a utensil. Enchiladas are wrapped cheese and onion with sauce (the original kind), though they can be made with other things. They also have gorditas that can have meat and vegetables stuffed in them, but they ar made much thicker and then tore open like pita. They also can cook them with nata inside without tearing them (it'sput in the masa ball before its gets flattened, it's like burnt milk.

So technically, fajita is the meat right? Like, if you cut fried steak or whatever into strips, that's fajita, which you typically put in a tortilla wrap, but can also make tacos etc out of? Whereas a burrito is made with ground meat or carnitas etc?

I have another question. Some Mexican places around here put rice in burritos along with the other ingredients. Is that common in Mexico? I always thought you either had the filling with rice or you put it in a tortilla.

- - - Updated - - -

So burritos and fajitas are both Tex-Mex? Or American-Mexican anyway. Do Mexicans wrap up fillings in flour tortillas - and if so what do they call them? How do they differ from burritos and fajitas?
    Yeah it originally ment like skirt steak grilled but since it has now changed to basically any meat and since you can have pretty much anything in it you could call a chicken soft taco a Fajita.

Burritos I think are supposed to have refried beans, which I hate so I never eat em.

I'm white. Am I allowed to make them without culturally appropriating food?

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I was being deliberately vague, she's Mexican and Costa Rican.
    It felt weird to read as an actual Spaniard, that's all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chilli Bean Beef, Lettuce, Onion, Cheese, Guac, Salsa and Sour Cream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I buy a kit for it, typically the "Old El Paso" brand. CBA making it from absolute scratch.

Pure laziness and is as far from being an actual fajita as a waffle would be. Nothing authentic about them. You would be better off ordering takeout from an authentic restaurant, and I dont mean Taco Bell either. Also proper fajitas should be served on a sizzling cast iron plate

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    How do you impersonally make Fajitas?
    I order them at a restaurant.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Pure laziness and is as far from being an actual fajita as a waffle would be. Nothing authentic about them. You would be better off ordering takeout from an authentic restaurant, and I dont mean Taco Bell either. Also proper fajitas should be served on a sizzling cast iron plate
    There's literally zero Mexican restaurants any near me here in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    In Mexico, much like India with their bread, the tortilla is used as a utensil. Enchiladas are wrapped cheese and onion with sauce (the original kind), though they can be made with other things. They also have gorditas that can have meat and vegetables stuffed in them, but they ar made much thicker and then tore open like pita. They also can cook them with nata inside without tearing them (it'sput in the masa ball before its gets flattened, it's like burnt milk.
    Man I might have to actually go to Mexico to ever get authentic Mexican :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man I might have to actually go to Mexico to ever get authentic Mexican :P
    Be careful, I'd recommend going to Cabo if you do, the other places are too dangerous now. It's sad because Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I order them at a restaurant.
    Then you're not making them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost always mine will be chicken, onions and bell peppers. I use a generic fajitas packet seasoning. I'll use pico de gilo, sour cream and lime. Oh and small corn tortillas.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Then you're not making them.
    Read the comment chain you're replying to, then apply logic.

Also read my actual response in this thread, here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49371766

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.