Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I was really hoping that I'd get to experience a little bit of the struggle of Naxx in classic, but if it's being crushed within hours of release...that might not be the case.

Also, do these guys powerclearing it day 1 know the mechanics to the point that taunt resists aren't an issue?
    You will, because you won't be in a 1% guild. My guild on my PServer took 2 months to clear Naxx and the struggle was (mostly) glorious and exactly what I was looking for. They blocked all world buffs too to make it harder The satisfaction when you finally kill KT is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Makatafinger View Post
    I never did vanilla Naxx (seems like everyone here did)

What are private vanilla servers? :O :O :O

Vanilla Naxx is a joke, new vanilla server opens and naxx gets cleared faster than wotlk naxx during launch lol.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Not only that, but I'm pretty sure TBC was already announced and coming when Naxx and this fight were even viable to be done. The game had entered a between expansion lull so there were just plain less players even attempting Naxx.
    This too. Naxx came out on June 19 of 2006. BC prepatch was December 5 of 2006. 22 weeks even. If that wasn't the shortest tier in history it was definitely high up on the list.

It would be like if Antorus only came out last month, 5 months after Blizzcon revealed BFA. Sounds very strange to my ears.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The fight itself was painfully simple. Getting 8 geared tanks was the hard part.
    Nope just do what most guilds on servers did that reached 4HM just poach them from lower ranked guilds and then remove them when TBC hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Lol look at the comp:

8 warrior tanks
    3 warlock
    5 rogue
    4 mage
    4 hunter

and that's all for the dps/tanks. The class stacking was real.
    Thats not class stacking thats just it was in vanilla coz those where all the classes available, Alliance didnt have Shamans and Horde didnt have Paladins and neither DK,Monk or DH where present, Rogues and Mages where extremely OP at the time especialy fire mages coz ignite stacked.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2018-05-13 at 08:25 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Reading this thread makes me want to play vanilla again. I love the old design philosophy of personal accountability.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Lol look at the comp:

8 warrior tanks
    3 warlock
    5 rogue
    4 mage
    4 hunter

and that's all for the dps/tanks. The class stacking was real.
    That is 1-2 too many hunters, warlocks were good cause they could roll corruption on 2 bosses but still it could be 1 too many at the same time. As for class stacking many guilds were worse than that 6+ rouges and mages were normal.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    To those that don't know, 4 Horsemen was arguably the most difficult fight Warcraft ever had.
    HIGHLY disagree. It wasn't even hard, the hardest part was getting enough geared tanks, not the fight itself. This game has seen much harder fights. C'Thun (yeah i know that was bugged but still hard), Muru (pre nerf), Lich King w/o buff, Gorefiend pre nerf, Archimonde (WoD version).

There were a lot of fights that were vastly harder than this one, the only reason it was "hard" is that gearing up 8 tanks in Classic was a nightmare. The mechanics themselves were LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This too. Naxx came out on June 19 of 2006. BC prepatch was December 5 of 2006. 22 weeks even. If that wasn't the shortest tier in history it was definitely high up on the list.

It would be like if Antorus only came out last month, 5 months after Blizzcon revealed BFA. Sounds very strange to my ears.
    Naxx's gear and skill cap for the time was very high, they were many of the first fights where there were personal responsibilities beyond tank swaps... But put it on today's players and it is going to be completed fairly quickly, the only true holdups will be the Gear/resist check fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Naxx's gear and skill cap for the time was very high, they were many of the first fights where there were personal responsibilities beyond tank swaps... But put it on today's players and it is going to be completed fairly quickly, the only true holdups will be the Gear/resist check fights.
    Too bad they had to completely oversaturate the whole personal responsibility thing recently. Mostly as far as soaking. Tomb of Soakgeras indeed. If you don't do your part you can easily wipe the group.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    have 7x T3 tank warriors if rest of raid is geared, 8 if not. Thats all.

It's really hard to think back. By the standards of the time, the boss was a real challenge. Besides the generally high gear requirements (not only tanks), the boss was particularly demanding in terms of coordination. There was never anything like it before.

In addition, almost every guild was surprised by the boss. There was no beta clear before, no guides, no instructions, nothing. The only thing that leaked was the tank requirements.

It is hardly imaginable, but at that time the boss was a really heavy boss, also beside the tank requirements. The raid damage was relatively high and the fight was much longer due to the poorer performance Not to die from the debuff or the comet has already cost some guilds some raid evenings.

Deleted
    Hardest part was getting the 8 geared/skilled warriors without pissing anybody off.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    It's really hard to think back. By the standards of the time, the boss was a real challenge. Besides the generally high gear requirements (not only tanks), the boss was particularly demanding in terms of coordination. There was never anything like it before.

In addition, almost every guild was surprised by the boss. There was no beta clear before, no guides, no instructions, nothing. The only thing that leaked was the tank requirements.

It is hardly imaginable, but at that time the boss was a really heavy boss, also beside the tank requirements. The raid damage was relatively high and the fight was much longer due to the poorer performance Not to die from the debuff or the comet has already cost some guilds some raid evenings.
    Naxx was the first raid that there was Beta but it was very closed and limited in what you could do. I remember being invited to it but only 2/3's of Deus Vox got the invite and about half of Vodka so we had teamed up to test some of the bosses but they did not do like they currently do where you test certain bosses on certain days.... it was very much an enter the instance and kill bosses. We cleared spider wing and a couple more but there was not getting passed Patchwerk or much of the 2 bosses in most of the wings.

Guilds were destroyed or swallowed for their tanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Reading this thread makes me want to play vanilla again. I love the old design philosophy of personal accountability.
    I do, too. It hypes me for Classic. I feel like WoW gives too many "participation trophies" these days.

It wasn't really a hard fight, it was comp-heavy fight with a gear-check in it.
    Unless move out of the freaking shadow void is the hard part... but then again... countless people failed Heigan dance... >_>