Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    No mounts this year? Fuk i dont need them then
    ... Do we even know what the rewards will be?

And these are ACTUAL tickets, not digital ones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

Ahh my bad

Good ol asshole selling them on eBay ! Fucking awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly who here thought they were NOT gonna sell out?

I managed to get two tickets today. Told the wife, "We're going to Blizzcon!" She responded, "What's a 'Blizzcon?'" Still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

Nope they announce that shit much closer to the convention date.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I'm half convinced there's guild collectives that have programmed html bots to instantaneously obtain tickets.

Given the relatively limited supply of tickets - 25,000 out of probably as much as 1M requests (maybe more) the odds are heavily against you. I'm fortunate to have gone the last 3 years - last year I had a friend get in and I bought an extra ticket. This year, I got nothing.
    Yeah. It always seems like the same people get them every year, and it seems weird that certain well-known community types always manage to get them. (I'm not talking about people who get media passes, I mean general tickets). I'm not saying there's a conspiracy, but there is something weird about it.

I kind of think there should be a new fairer system, though I have no idea what that would be.

(ftr I've never tried buying Blizzcon tickets and probably never will, I have no dog in the fight either way)

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I'm half convinced there's guild collectives that have programmed html bots to instantaneously obtain tickets.

Given the relatively limited supply of tickets - 25,000 out of probably as much as 1M requests (maybe more) the odds are heavily against you. I'm fortunate to have gone the last 3 years - last year I had a friend get in and I bought an extra ticket. This year, I got nothing.
    You are kinda right.

You get your guild, and their spouses, and parents, and siblings to get on.

I am now on year 6 of getting tickets, from as few 4 one year to as many as 22 another. Every year we have gotten the number we have needed. But it does not come without effort.

This year we had 9 people online on day one, 4 got tickets to get us what we thought was the 16 we needed. A few other friends wanted more, so we got another 4 today, with again 9 people trying to get tickets.. but only one of the 9 actually made it. If we had failed on day one, would have been more people online Saturday for it. This was probably the fewest people we had ever used.

Some years we have had as many as 20ish people online trying to get tickets. It also helps having a crew that is on different internet across the country it seems...as there have been years where one pocket vs another has been more "lucky".

There is a certain element of random chance too, but like with loot -- more chances increase your click luck. If you really want to go next year, talk to everyone on your inner circle of family and friends weeks ahead of time, inform them how important their help would be and the dates, help them get set up and give instructions, and then be ready for the days.

Also, watch the ebay ticket pricing, they will drop -- alot. As the last days to transfer the tickets come, there will be those needing to shed extra tickets. Also if you live in SoCal, show up on the day before and even morning of the con. There are a good deal of people looking to shed an extra ticket because someone missed a flight or could not come last minute...and usually at face value -- maybe minus the loot box.

I don't mean this to be cocky -- more so to hopefully help some hunters next year.

I’ve been to a blizzcon before and happy I did. It was a wonderful experience. That said, part of the alure of blizcon was getting in game rewards that were exclusive to those who arrived. Blizcon lost all its luster when they started giving out the attendance items on digital tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantfoamhat View Post
    I managed to get two tickets today. Told the wife, "We're going to Blizzcon!" She responded, "What's a 'Blizzcon?'" Still worth it.
    Why is Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Would actually be fun if none of them sold and the buyer wasted money ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Would actually be fun if none of them sold and the buyer wasted money ^^
    u can filter only sold listings, several have sold already... the real catch is last year and again this year.. the original buyer can change the email on the ticket BUT the ticket stays in their uverse account essentially allowing them to sell it again. It happened to several people in a con group i was in last year. There was also a guy arrested at con last year for selling fake badges.. sold like 40+ before he was caught.. sadly all the folks that bought the badges and were seen with them got booted from con also.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

So a lot of it got bought by bulk buyers for scalping... bloody parasites.

I wonder if it will even work to report all the scalpers given how fast they also get sold on Ebay.

These "sold out" in less than 2 seconds.

Won't this be the off year anyway? :P

Hah those models looks funny.

These ticket's sell way to fast.

Deleted
    Indeed but may go for a virtual ticket I guess

Wish I could go to blizzcon