Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenram View Post
    While I feel about everything in this was pretty well explained, LFR isn't supposed to be for beginners. Dev's have outright said LFR is meant for people that would not be able to see the content through the normal means whether that's because they haven't got the skill to play the game at even a basic level yet or whether that's because they haven't the time to find a pug or join a raiding guild. Normal is for beginners, Heroic is for the "Normal" raiders (from before the days of having 3 separate raid difficulties outside of LFR), and Mythic obviously for the high-end/professional raiders.
    I guess you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    There is a thing called "different experiences". If you were one of the casuals prancing around doing LFR and WQs, hell yeah dude! This expansion was awesome, you finally got legendaries, big congratz to you, you're awesome, you deserve the best! But if you were a Mythic raider, unless you were very lucky in the beginning and into huge grinds, you probably were left burnt out and disappointed.
    I doubt any casual players would enjoy legion, as most casual players have better things to do outside of the game. I think the only people who would enjoy legion are the same people who enjoys doing the same mindless things over and over again, because they got nothing better to do with their lives. If you are the type of person who enjoys grinding for the sake of grinding without asking yourself why you are doing it, then legion was your expansion. Most casual players though have probably quit the expansion a long time ago, which would explain why the servers are so empty.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidArcanic View Post
    If I had to compare TBC to now, I'm very thankful for Legion. TBC was a grand expansion. There's no doubt about that, but I'd rather have more content.
    Id rather have an expansion with quality content thats worth playing, instead of an expansion with an overload of boring, repetitive and mindless singleplayer content mixed with RNG legendaries, which was what legion was all about if you look back at it.

Hopefully they can make a comeback with BfA so the game will be worth paying for again.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-05-13 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It' pretty clear from what we've seen so far that they don't. BfA will have even more single-player-timesink-hamterwheels. Procedurally generated island expeditions are just one way of creating the illusion of "content", while it' actually just automated construct meant to drive up MAU numbers.

Keeping players busy with busywork is their theme these days.
    It used to be about providing the best possible MMORPG gameplay experience.
    MMORPGs are 90% busy work, that's how the genre works.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you think Legion is the worst expansion ever, then you clearly didn't play Cata or WoD.
    different people have different opinions - for me cata was miles ahead of legion in simple pure fun i had while playing the expansion.

tbh im at a point when im gonna play BfA on launch but then gonna unsub and wait for classic to land - in my eyes wow is runing for way to long and the sheer fact how old this game is is killing the fun - there is simply to much to do , to much content that people missed but simply dont have time to go back to. Classic on the other hand will be nice closed enviroment to enjoy - you know your end goals from start and you know exackly how to achieve them - with no speed limits like "clear X,Y,Z before next expansion because in order to force you to play we will be removing half of content with each consecutive expansion"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-05-13 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    different people have different opinions - for me cata was miles ahead of legion in simple pure fun i had while playing the expansion.
    I agree with this. While cataclysm was one of my least favorite expansions, it was still way better than the RNG shitshow we got with legion.

simple. You are an f'ing idiot if you think this is universal. Legion was fantastic.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    simple. You are an f'ing idiot if you think this is universal. Legion was fantastic.
    You are an idiot if you think that doing the same mindless things over and over again is fantastic. Legion was a steaming pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    You are an idiot if you think that doing the same mindless things over and over again is fantastic. Legion was a steaming pile of shit.
    Then you clearly shouldnt play wow. Legion had less of this than Any other expac and more variation. Its always been a grind. Enjoy the ban btw

Deleted
    Legion had AP, legendaries and relics - none of these had any relation to gameplay, they were just mechanical system constructs to keep you doing busywork for the sake of doing busywork and in many cases these were completely random and you were unable to control the outcome so the only solution was to grind, grind, grind until you won the lottery - this is also very different from previous 'grinds' - for example Wrath had you doing stuff for points, but you could then spend those points as you wished which meant you could target gear pieces, for example - Legion had no such mechanic. If you got shitty piece with out TF proc, then that's it - back to grinding.
    Yes i miss that. Grinding valor points in MoP and then finally spending them on that piece of gear that you wanted so badly was such a good feeling. I miss that. Grinding just for the sake of making the shareholders in activision happy and having the RNG in the game decide things for you just wasn't enjoyable for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Then you clearly shouldnt play wow. Legion had less of this than Any other expac and more variation. Its always been a grind.
    Wrong. Legion was a mindless grind right from the beginning and all the way through out the expansion. Saying that legion had less grinding than any other expansion means that you are straight up in denial.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-05-13 at 03:35 PM.

As someone who has played since launch, and I've strongly voiced my opinion that TBC was the best expansion, with classic and wotlk close. I think Legion is one of the best.. I might even say THE best. And that's even with nostalgia bias I'll admit.

Yes i miss that. Grinding valor points in MoP and then finally spending them on that piece of gear that you wanted so badly was such a good feeling. I miss that. Grinding just for the sake of making the shareholders in activision happy and having the RNG in the game decide things for you just wasn't enjoyable for me personally.

Wrong. Legion was a mindless grind right from the beginning and all the way through out the expansion. Saying that legion had less grinding than any other expansion means that you are straight up in denial.
    It had the same amount of grind, and more if you wanted more but it had so much more variation as how to grind. Which no other expac had. What was the grind exactly? I never tried once to get AP and I was never behind apart from the top, top end guys.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again.

I disagree - Legion had more of this than previous expansions.
    WoD and MoP had reputations - and both had a story driven, gated experience - MoP had epic questline for legendary cloak and WoD had Garrison/Shipyard. These were all closely related to the story of the expansion.

Legion had AP, legendaries and relics - none of these had any relation to gameplay, they were just mechanical system constructs to keep you doing busywork for the sake of doing busywork and in many cases these were completely random and you were unable to control the outcome so the only solution was to grind, grind, grind until you won the lottery - this is also very different from previous 'grinds' - for example Wrath had you doing stuff for points, but you could then spend those points as you wished which meant you could target gear pieces, for example - Legion had no such mechanic. If you got shitty piece with out TF proc, then that's it - back to grinding.

World Quests were arguably a "story driven" addition, which is fine, but Legion had more mindless grinds than any other modern expac.
    The storyline of the Shipyard? are you kidding ? Anyway, its funny how you don't mention class campaign, Suramar, Argus, and the fact that you could acheive AP through any activity you so desired. The story aspects of reputations in MoP was nice I'll give you that, but the grind itself was so much worse with a few daily quests to choose from and do every single day for ages.

I disagree - Legion had more of this than previous expansions.
    WoD and MoP had reputations - and both had a story driven, gated experience - MoP had epic questline for legendary cloak and WoD had Garrison/Shipyard. These were all closely related to the story of the expansion.

World Quests were arguably a "story driven" addition, which is fine, but Legion had more mindless grinds than any other modern expac.
    Artifact quests

There, now leave lol

10+ Year Old Account
    never grinded ap once, just played the game and ap came with it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    what a dumb comment is that?

You can literary say this in context to every expansion no matter how grindy it was or not, lol:

oh i never grindend rep in tbc once, just played the game and the rep come with it

top kek 200iq mmo champ comments as usual
    oh ye doin shit like daily heroic for badges despite the fact i didnt need the gear from heroics was totally part of me playin the game
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ye doing shit like Maw runs for Ap despite the fact i didnt need gear from that was totally part of me playing the game

you literary dont realize your own denseness, incredible
    never did 1000x maw runs either yet i had 2 weapons maxed out, try again

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)

The AP grind was mostly in the background. You gained AP for doing everything and anything basically. Meanwhile, you want to talk grind? MoP dailies would like a word with you. That shit was tediom. At least WQs allow you to pick and choose a little, instead of do quests A, B and C every day without any variation whatsoever. Then repeat for the other 4-5 factions.

Is Legion perfect? Hell no! I can nitpick and talk about a ton of things that failed or that weren’t great, but it stands up well enough overall and the biggest issues and complaints are seemingly getting fixed for BfA; looking at you Legendaries. Blizzard at least is moving forward lately with the provided feedback. Hell even some of the grind was cut down significantly durin the expac. The fact that I can hit 110 and have my weapon traits fully unlocked and get into the high 60s with Artifact Levels is a huge fix from early Legion. I’d argue that while not perfect, this at least is one of the most responsive expansions on Blizzard’s part.

Calling Legion the worst expansion ever because you think everything is "boring" doesn't make it the worst expansion ever. That's definitely exaggerating. Worst expansion was probably WoD. Legion has been one of the best in a while.

what a dumb comment is that?

You can literary say this in context to every expansion no matter how grindy it was or not, lol:

oh i never grindend rep in tbc once, just played the game and the rep come with it

top kek 200iq mmo champ comments as usual
    Its not stupid. The point is that you never had to farm it to be up to speed. Except for the top 1% and for those guys it will always be an insane grind. Although I will admit that the Ap grind must have been horrific for top end raiders.

Yes the shipyard was part of the story.
    Suramar was really good, but it's clear it was designed by a different team that designed 7.2 and Argus - because there was no overall story there - apart from the story told in raids.

AP was just a system for unlocking your full class abilities and making your class useful. There's no story tied to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me?
    Artifact quests were nice - just like Suramar. But they were there for you to get your weapon - without which you didn't have abilities. And, that's release content. Once it came down to providing content during patches there was nothing.
    Didnt need it. We had a whole campaign right there at launch. Whereas in previous expansions..

Insert grind raid boss X for tablets of Z for a couple months until the next half hour questline ending with another farm boss Z for tablets of X.

Yes, so totally more pack full of content, lore and fun than Legion.

Two expansions in the future you'll be shitting on them for not being as good as Legion. Just like you did with the previous expansions when they were current content.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2018-05-13 at 06:48 PM.