Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ways to *Improve* Warmode

1. Have a reason to aim for being a bounty hunted target. Maybe increased rewards if your under a bounty or cosmetic rewards or something.
    2. DO NOT allow bounty hunted targets to be seen in stealth. It would drastically ruin gameplay for stealth classes.
    3. Give kills in world pvp highscore rankings, maybe the more kills you have the higher you are on the highscores for warmode. It should be done with kill to death ratios , not just kills. So for example if someone has 1000 kills but also died 1000 times he shouldn't be as high as a person who has 150 kills but like 1 death.
    4. Give the option for players on rp realms to be able to q for warmode outside of it, not just on their realm. Dying or dead rp realms wont have any fun with 0 people playing in warmode and it will be used just to farm increased rewards.
    5. Give titles for warmode at the end of each season, not like gladiator but its own set of titles. Maybe have the title "Bounty Hunter" or Assassin or something.
    6. Have a point system to buy items for world pvp. For example either allow conquest points or points you get from kills in warmode to purchase on use items for world pvp, such as speed increasers , damage buffers, items to escape with, immunities to help with being ganked and etc.
    7. Have incentive for world pvping in older zones. Maybe have a world quest there with conquest rewards or ap rewards/

Feel free to include more to the list or tell me a point you liked or didn't like. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    1.) Put premade group and solo players into different phases
    2.) Balance phases in group sizes like battlegrounds
    Yes I agree with premade groups, maybe allow solo + duos to be in same phase, but larger groups in a differn't . Interesting idea, maybe less burst from larger groups. I feel like larger groups should also get decreased rewards

1.) Put premade group and solo players into different phases
    2.) Balance phases in group sizes like battlegrounds
    please for the love of god this.

and if theres not enough to be balance, tough shit horde players, shouldn't of faction changed.

If I thought I could go war mode and not be ganged 40:1 by horde id consider it

Nothing needs to be done for warmode. It's great as is.

1. It can only be activated in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, which means you can't deflag and run away like people love to do on PvE servers. If you suddenly decide you can't tolerate PvPing at the moment, or whatever, you have to go out of your way to change it. TBH, I would make it apply to all capital cities, but that's just me. Blizzard is being very generous by making it difficult to turn on and off.
    2. You literally get a +15% experience bonus for using it while leveling. Don't worry, you'll find people to gank because of this. Furthermore, it lets you utilize PvP talents which can help you deal extra damage and survive against monsters easier; if no one attacks you, these are substantial benefits.

I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing, though. This is the new mode for toggling PvP on and off in cities, right?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Nothing needs to be done for warmode. It's great as is.

1. It can only be activated in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, which means you can't deflag and run away like people love to do on PvE servers. If you suddenly decide you can't tolerate PvPing at the moment, or whatever, you have to go out of your way to change it. TBH, I would make it apply to all capital cities, but that's just me. Blizzard is being very generous by making it difficult to turn on and off.
    2. You literally get a +15% experience bonus for using it while leveling. Don't worry, you'll find people to gank because of this. Furthermore, it lets you utilize PvP talents which can help you deal extra damage and survive against monsters easier; if no one attacks you, these are substantial benefits.

I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing, though. This is the new mode for toggling PvP on and off in cities, right?
    We are talking about further ways to improve this, it has issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and gear should not matter in warmode. At least not in the solo player variant.

Or you would have 1 mythic dungeon/raid runner against 10 green chars. And he would win.

So much fun for the pve player.
    I think I heard them doing something like this with scaling or something

Deleted
    No to everything except 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Buttchinbill View Post
    We are talking about further ways to improve this, it has issues.
    What issues does it really have? I don't feel it has issues, though I may not know all of the context. Like I've never heard of this 'bounty hunting' aspect.

PS: And don't worry about RP realms, meant to comment on that one earlier. RP-PvP realms exist because of the fact that plenty of RPers love to PvP. RP realms may have friendlier communities on average, but they have just as much PvP as PvE realms do, and that's to say nothing about the actual RP-PvP ones.

The only reason they might have less players is because RP realms draw from fewer realms; if they do indeed have issues with not enough players, I'd agree that something should be changed, but I have my doubts on whether this would actually be the case or not. I do appreciate the concern, though.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-05-13 at 10:55 PM.

Most wanted: Leaderboard tab that shows the most wanted players on the server that week. There are many ways to calculate who the most wanted is. Being the most wanted could perhaps reward a title or some bandit like cosmetic gear.

Top Bounty Hunter: Leaderboard tab that shows the most successful bounty hunters of the server that week. Being the most successful bounty hunter could reward title and fitting cosmetics.

Head on a spike: When you place a bounty on another players head, you will receive their ‘Head on a Spike’ in the mail once the task is completed. This could just be a cosmetic Toy that would allow the player to place the ‘Head on a Spike’ on the ground with text showing who it belongs to.

Bounty Affix: Affix buffs are given to players that get a bounty placed on their head. Example: Once a prize is put on a player they also receive a buff if they survive for X amount of time. For every bounty hunter, the player manages to kill the player gain a stack of ‘Bounty.’ Bounty grant an additional X amount of health, damage, and size per stack, as well as increasing the amount of conquest points the player reward other players when killed. I don’t think this should be a constant, but rather a monthly event like Battleground Brawls and such.

Source: https://www.progamerreview.com
    We humans have to stick together

#2 -- so only see rogues and feral druids be top of the rankings because they'll just hide all the time going after lone targets?

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Most wanted: Leaderboard tab that shows the most wanted players on the server that week. There are many ways to calculate who the most wanted is. Being the most wanted could perhaps reward a title or some bandit like cosmetic gear.

Top Bounty Hunter: Leaderboard tab that shows the most successful bounty hunters of the server that week. Being the most successful bounty hunter could reward title and fitting cosmetics.

Head on a spike: When you place a bounty on another players head, you will receive their ‘Head on a Spike’ in the mail once the task is completed. This could just be a cosmetic Toy that would allow the player to place the ‘Head on a Spike’ on the ground with text showing who it belongs to.

Bounty Affix: Affix buffs are given to players that get a bounty placed on their head. Example: Once a prize is put on a player they also receive a buff if they survive for X amount of time. For every bounty hunter, the player manages to kill the player gain a stack of ‘Bounty.’ Bounty grant an additional X amount of health, damage, and size per stack, as well as increasing the amount of conquest points the player reward other players when killed. I don’t think this should be a constant, but rather a monthly event like Battleground Brawls and such.

Source: https://www.progamerreview.com
    I love it all!!! I agree

- - - Updated - - -

I mean you know where they are on the map, and a demon hunter could catch them out

Remove it and leave it as a simple toggle between modes

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    Remove it and leave it as a simple toggle between modes
    EH I think having reasons to world pvp makes it more interesting, dead pvp realms and lack of world pvp in the past shows many players dont find it engaging enough

10+ Year Old Account
    They cannot allow stealth of any kind for bounty targets. Stealth would literally break that mechanic because the rogues and druids, etc. would just stay stealth for ages and be impossible to find.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    They cannot allow stealth of any kind for bounty targets. Stealth would literally break that mechanic because the rogues and druids, etc. would just stay stealth for ages and be impossible to find.
    as it is now bounty's show up on the map it would be fine if they just kept that so you knew what area they were in. maybe make detect stealth on hunters not stuck and demon hunters already have special sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I love the idea, something like the ears in Diablo 2 pvp, just a trophy that show you killed that dude, nothing else. I really miss doing something for just fun sometimes.
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2018-05-13 at 11:21 PM.

As long as the templates dont apply (and they dont), itll be an utter shitshow from minute one. Classes with good CC/control and high burst will global people playing less fortunate classes.

Itll be just like wPvP in Legion - PvE gear will scale insanely like it currently does and people will explode. What fun!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    As long as the templates dont apply (and they dont), itll be an utter shitshow from minute one. Classes with good CC/control and high burst will global people playing less fortunate classes.

Itll be just like wPvP in Legion - PvE gear will scale insanely like it currently does and people will explode. What fun!
    don't know about templates but there is some kind of scaling on the beta, was able to kill a 120 hunter on my 111 pally.

This is not likely going to happen, which makes warmode completely uninteresting to me. I dont want to be cannonfodder for guild groups.
    That's really the main reason why this mode is going to be hated by most people. Most people who want world pvp aren't actually interested in fair fights. They just want to be in groups to overwhelm players with little to no risk for themselves.

Yet the exp reward is going to attract everyone who isn't interested in being some greifer's play thing. Blizz should scrap the xp boost completely and just have the bonus for War Mode be entirely pvp related.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    I love the idea, something like the ears in Diablo 2 pvp, just a trophy that show you killed that dude, nothing else. I really miss doing something for just fun sometimes.
    Yea exactly, thats were the idea came from actually:P Hopefully Warmode would create some sort of community and you'd be able to taunt players with their heads on spikes, would be hillarious and make the death of that annoying rogue so much more satisfying :P
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    That's really the main reason why this mode is going to be hated by most people. Most people who want world pvp aren't actually interested in fair fights. They just want to be in groups to overwhelm players with little to no risk for themselves.

Yet the exp reward is going to attract everyone who isn't interested in being some greifer's play thing. Blizz should scrap the xp boost completely and just have the bonus for War Mode be entirely pvp related.
    Na I like the xp rewards, remember this mode is only around because idiot pve players bitched at blizzard about there being world pvp on pvp realms, such a shocking concept right?