Poll: Capping Titanforging

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Titanforging Poll.

Curious on what people ACTUALLY think, as my previous "titanforging gone out of hand" thread recieved alot of non-specific answers and questions.

Ion previously said "A hard cap on Titanforging that kept it from going into the Mythic item level space would be very restrictive."

What do people actually think about his opinion?

The Poll is up

Explaination:

#1: No Cap = Gear can cap to w/e the highest possible itemlvl cap is CURRENTLY. (Pr. Expansion only) = All legion gear can cap to 985.
    #2: Capping to tier max = ie. Normal, Heroic and mythic EN cannot go past 895 (as it was that tiers max ilvl).
    #3. Cap to tier difficulty = Items from Heroic cannot titanforge into mythic itemlvl ranges, aswell as lfr -> normal and normal -> heroic.
    #4. Cap titanforging at +12 = pretty straightforward.
    #5 Cap to +15 = Pretty straightforward.

Poll Updates:

So as it currently stands; 24.18% of voters didnt want any cap on Titanforging.
    75.82% Wanted 'some kind of' cap on titanforging.

The majority of the 75.82% wanted a +15 Cap / Difficulties cant titanforge into next difficulties (N->hc->mythic).

As it stands currently the itemlvl gap between difficulties is 15 itemlvls.
    Back in MoP the itemlvl gap between difficulties was 13 itemlvls, with "titanforging" being 12 itemlvls(if i remember correctly), giving a buffer of 1 itemlvl.
    Last edited by Artemol; 2018-05-15 at 11:20 PM.

Ion is wrong. Titanforging makes the game a lot worse.

It makes raids much harder to tune so we get things like dramatically overtuned Tomb of Sargeras and dramatically undertuned Emerald Nightmare and Antorus (except for Argus).

It also means you tend to get fewer and less meaningful upgrades from killing mythic bosses and kill times don't decrease as much as they have in previous expansions leading to burnout.

It also means you have to stupidly try to farm old trinkets that are broken for titanforges. The absolute anti-fun.

I don't know what people are talking about with titanforges being rare, I'm wearing six titanforges and had tons of them from the previous tier long into this one and I've seen people with lots more than me.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2018-05-14 at 01:39 AM.

No cap, didn't get a single good titanforge this expansion so next expansion must be my time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why the hate on TF. I agree with some cap so Emerald Nightmare gear doesn't invalidate drops from Mythic Argus, but I say let LFR gear titanforge as high as Mythic gear can reach. The odds of it happening for a single piece is so small that if it happens it'll just make some dude very happy that one time. The odds of someone walking around with full LFR gear that rivals the ilvl of someone in full Mythic is next to none-existent (and if you do get that you should've been buying LOTTO tickets instead of playing WoW!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the 4th and 5th choices are basically the same (there's no real power difference in 3 item levels) but I'd cap it somewhere in there and keep the same proc rate as Legion. That way a TF is still a "Wow cool!" moment but it's probably not worth farming 2 tiers back just in case and it still loosely ties gear power to difficulty level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I don't get why the hate on TF. I agree with some cap so Emerald Nightmare gear doesn't invalidate drops from Mythic Argus, but I say let LFR gear titanforge as high as Mythic gear can reach. The odds of it happening for a single piece is so small that if it happens it'll just make some dude very happy that one time. The odds of someone walking around with full LFR gear that rivals the ilvl of someone in full Mythic is next to none-existent (and if you do get that you should've been buying LOTTO tickets instead of playing WoW!)
    That's not the issue, really, it's that people feel obligated to fish for TF upgrades. I agree this isn't a huge issue but you can argue it both ways:

"Let it go, it happens so rarely that it's not a big deal. No one is going to walk around in all TF gear."

Conversely....

"If it's that rare, capping it won't matter all that much and it keeps people from feeling like they should really run prior tiers for that big TF upgrade."

There's no "remove the worst thing they've done to the game ever" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Ion is wrong. Titanforging makes the game a lot worse.

It makes raids much harder to tune so we get things like dramatically overtuned Tomb of Sargeras and dramatically undertuned Emerald Nightmare and Antorus (except for Argus).

It also means you tend to get fewer and less meaningful upgrades from killing mythic bosses and kill times don't decrease as much as they have in previous expansions leading to burnout.

It also means you have to stupidly try to farm old trinkets that are broken for titanforges. The absolute anti-fun.

I don't know what people are talking about with titanforges being rare, I'm wearing six titanforges and had tons of them from the previous tier long into this one and I've seen people with lots more than me.
    It's another case of false extension of content. It's good for them because it tricks people

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by "no cap", as in ilvl can go unlimited high?

Anyway, where is the option to Remove TF and WF.

It should be Normal mode drop lets say ilvl 100, heroic 125 and mythic 150. Never higher, never lower. Always, ALWAYS the same ilvl. Like it was pre-Throne of Thunder. And obviously no chance for socket or not. It either has socket as standard or it doesn't.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    i said cap to tiers max ilvl, but when you count a mythic TF drop, i'd say minus 1 to 5 ilvl from a non-TF heroic of next tier.
    otherwise you'd end up with a mythic TF item that is the same ilvl as a reg mythic drop of same tier, since it cant go above it's own tiers max...

(also adding in lfr TF can max at heroic same tier, reg can max at mythic of same tier, heroic can max at norm of next tier minus 1-5)
    either that or just get rid of it.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    What do you mean by "no cap", as in ilvl can go unlimited high?

Anyway, where is the option to Remove TF and WF.

It should be Normal mode drop lets say ilvl 100, heroic 125 and mythic 150. Never higher, never lower. Always, ALWAYS the same ilvl. Like it was pre-Throne of Thunder. And obviously no chance for socket or not. It either has socket as standard or it doesn't.
    No cap means that every item can procc to the current max cap.
    A Tf cap means (lets say +15) that heroic antorus could only procc to 960 right now whilst 985 is the overall cap.

Dont confuse titanforge cap with the actual itemlevel cap - a tf cap would be great as there is NO reason at all that everything can procc higher than mythic loot.
    People that vote "no cap at all" are the problem OR dont understand what i said above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's not the issue, really, it's that people feel obligated to fish for TF upgrades. I agree this isn't a huge issue but you can argue it both ways:

"Let it go, it happens so rarely that it's not a big deal. No one is going to walk around in all TF gear."

Conversely....

"If it's that rare, capping it won't matter all that much and it keeps people from feeling like they should really run prior tiers for that big TF upgrade."
    I can see how that could be an issue, but that's why I started by saying I agree with "some" cap. If ToS gear, regardless of difficulty, starts overpowering Heroic or maybe even Mhithyc Antorus stuff than we have a problem, but I don't see an issue with LFR gear titanforging as far as Mythic gear of the same tier. To put it in examples, I'd be OK with LFR ToS gear (which is normally at 885) TFing to something like 945 (Mhithyc KJ's ilvl). It never happened to me, but I don't wanna rob the joy of that one guy on that one reddit thread that got it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it works currently, isn't it? Or is there really no max cap and EN gear can touch M Antorus ilvls?

Deleted
    I don't think you all comprehend what a "cap" is.

Titanforging already has a cap of 985.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    No cap means that every item can procc to the current max cap.
    A Tf cap means (lets say +15) that heroic antorus could only procc to 960 right now whilst 985 is the overall cap.

Dont confuse titanforge cap with the actual itemlevel cap - a tf cap would be great as there is NO reason at all that everything can procc higher than mythic loot.
    People that vote "no cap at all" are the problem OR dont understand what i said above.
    Oh, I see. Though I still vote for a +0 cap so to speak, that they will be static and never cap or get higher than the set ilvl, meaning HC Antorus would ALWAYS be 945 (except Argus which is like 955?).

"Why would anyone re-do the content if there is no chance for higher gear"

To that I say, Vanilla through up to ToT in MoP worked out quite well, didn't it?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I can see how that could be an issue, but that's why I started by saying I agree with "some" cap. If ToS gear, regardless of difficulty, starts overpowering Heroic or maybe even Mhithyc Antorus stuff than we have a problem, but I don't see an issue with LFR gear titanforging as far as Mythic gear of the same tier. To put it in examples, I'd be OK with LFR ToS gear (which is normally at 885) TFing to something like 945 (Mhithyc KJ's ilvl). It never happened to me, but I don't wanna rob the joy of that one guy on that one reddit thread that got it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it works currently, isn't it? Or is there really no max cap and EN gear can touch M Antorus ilvls?
    Well that's a 60 level proc.That's a pretty big proc. Yes, it's great for that one guy, but is it really a good thing for the game to have people go farm prior raids because they might get that lucky? You could limit it to, say, 15 or 20 levels and it would still be pretty cool but not that extreme.

Also, it feels wrong to give and LFR raider Mythic level gear. The entire point of difficulty levels is to let people find the level that they like and then reward them for doing things that are that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Oh, I see. Though I still vote for a +0 cap so to speak, that they will be static and never cap or get higher than the set ilvl, meaning HC Antorus would ALWAYS be 945 (except Argus which is like 955?).

"Why would anyone re-do the content if there is no chance for higher gear"

To that I say, Vanilla through up to ToT in MoP worked out quite well, didn't it?
    Fixed proccs are nice to motivate people to play imo
    Just no limit on it makes it rather frustrating

Titanforging with a cap would be fine - if its +10 or 15 does not really matter

edited original post.

Don't really like the poll options, I'd put all current content -5ilvl behind Mythic ilvl as a max & Mythic difficulty drops giving a chance of +5/+10.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me I am of the I don't really care, if I receive an item that TF's then cool if I don't then I go oh well and move on as to me, it is not the end of the world.. Also this topic like the flying and tier gear topics has been done to death..

And the only real option is the complete and utter removal of warforging and titanforging, so the bitching and QQing about it from the precious snowflakes will go away, but I very much doubt it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-05-14 at 04:12 AM.

People who vote no cap are objectively wrong.

Only people defending a system that rewards players by luck are those who wouldn't have said rewards otherwise, or those who invest enough time into the game that, no matter how awful their average draw is, they're getting something out of it.

TF's thrown the pug community and tuning of high-end content into a terrible mess, and it's all because Todd just has to be on even footing with Memebeamsx, that DH that sits in Dal with his Mythic transmog! They both pay $15 a month, right?!

Cap it to 15 ilevs, so it can't go beyond a single difficulty. Absolutely no good reason for this system to be in place as it stands now.