Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Risk = rewards, deal with it.
    If you are levelling in the first week of BfA - it will be no risk + rewards.

I plan on having it turned on, and if I'm having a bad day - I'll turn it off for a bit.

That's the great thing about this system - I can be PvP when I feel like it and PvE when I feel like it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

With leveling you will hit 120 within a day or two anyway and no matter what mode you are in you will not run out of quests, there is a hard cap anyway but azerite is our "whole expansion" progression system and with the gear requiring constantly increasing necklace levels this is going to lead to a situation where it's required for certain situations.
    You literally do not know that. Blizz reigned in the AP requirements for achieving the "raid minimum" and such as Legion progressed. Azerite might start off in a place where it isn't necessary to grind it, only that you do your dailies. We don't know yet to be sure, but judging by the lessons learned from Blizzard over Legion I don't suspect Azerite will be the grindfest that AP was early on.

Quote Originally Posted by MookieRah View Post
    You literally do not know that. Blizz reigned in the AP requirements for achieving the "raid minimum" and such as Legion progressed. Azerite might start off in a place where it isn't necessary to grind it, only that you do your dailies. We don't know yet to be sure, but judging by the lessons learned from Blizzard over Legion I don't suspect Azerite will be the grindfest that AP was early on.
    Historically speaking, Blizzard rarely listens to player feedback in the way that players mean the feedback to be interpreted. Lets just look at couple more recent issues since its the same design team. Combat is too fast-paced, they make most offensive, movement, and raid cds on the global cooldown. Top guilds hate having to split clear, they make all raid loot personal loot(they can claim that this isn't the reason they did it, but that would be and is bullshit, it's already forced in pugs so there's zero reason to make this change if not for split killing). The way Azerite works right now, the only difference is that they removed the huge numbers behind it, meaning the early grind is way more important since there isn't any knowledge to increase gains.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-05-14 at 07:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If you start leveling in warmode when the servers go live, you are at zero risk of anything. You wont see the opposite faction at all until people start hitting 120 or its one dude trying to open up bases for the other factions island. So take the free 15%, there is nothing to worry about if you level in the first 12-24 hours of servers going live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    If you start leveling in warmode when the servers go live, you are at zero risk of anything. You wont see the opposite faction at all until people start hitting 120 or its one dude trying to open up bases for the other factions island. So take the free 15%, there is nothing to worry about if you level in the first 12-24 hours of servers going live.
    Another person who doesn't realize what this thread is about, read through the thread instead of assuming that people are talking about the leveling bonus.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Another person who doesn't realize what this thread is about, read through the thread instead of assuming that people are talking about the leveling bonus.
    I do realize what people are talking about, the only thing most care about though is the xp for leveling. 10% more azerite and mission board supplies for the vast majority of those quests isnt even worth messing with since they are mostly in the 30-40 resource/azerite range. Outside of the big azerite dailies which arent very common, the 10% isnt even noticeable. If you are want azerite, youll be clearing your weekly mythics and spamming heroics and scenerios anyways. At least for now thats the best way to get it.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2018-05-14 at 07:45 AM.

I do realize what people are talking about, the only thing most care about though is the xp for leveling. 10% more azerite and mission board supplies for the vast majority of those quests isnt even worth messing with since they are mostly in the 30-40 resource/azerite range. Outside of the big azerite dailies which arent very common, the 10% isnt even noticeable. If you are want azerite, youll be clearing your weekly mythics and spamming heroics and scenerios anyways. At least for now thats the best way to get it.
    Except even a 10% difference is a big difference. There isn't any Knowledge like there was for Artifacts meaning the early grind is very important, regardless of how "little" the gain is, it's still a huge gain for getting the Azerite needed. So obviously you don't understand the reasoning.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    Nathanos was in the temple with the princess the whole time, the quest to visit him on the boat opened at 120.
    I don't know why my experience was different, although i really doubt you'll have people leveling on the opposite faction islands with warmode on. It makes little sense.

However this doesn't change my initial statement, i would still recommend enabling warmode while leveling because even if it might be possible for the opposite faction
    to start on your islands that's highly improbable and for all intents and purposes the chances your leveling experience could be disrupted by PVP is close to zero.
    The quests to start the war campaign opens up at 113

Ok so help me here.

In BfA each faction has their own leveling continent. Is there any reason NOT to turn warmode on for the bonus exp and talents?

I like getting a paycheck, but I don't like having to do work. This whole system is rigged and unfair! Why shouldn't people who don't like to work get a paycheck like everyone else?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok so help me here.

In BfA each faction has their own leveling continent. Is there any reason NOT to turn warmode on for the bonus exp and talents?
    Except I will rush to 120 and that will enable the other continent. Then I will come to your continent and murder every single one of you slowpokes while leveling. This change is great. Only people that want to wpvp should enable this. People that don't want to wpvp while leveling take a hike and stop bitching. And now you can't complain that baddies or overgeared people will gank you or shit. It's a change for people that want to world pvp, as it was back in the day.

You want war enable it. You don't want war? Stay in your comfort zone and don't bitch that others are getting bonuses for the risks they take.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except even a 10% difference is a big difference. There isn't any Knowledge like there was for Artifacts meaning the early grind is very important, regardless of how "little" the gain is, it's still a huge gain for getting the Azerite needed. So obviously you don't understand the reasoning.
    For anyone not wanting to be bothered with pvp, no its not a huge difference, at all. They can easily make that up by doing another heroic or an expedition for a couple hundred azerite per. I get what you are saying but for most players I doubt they care about having to pvp to get 3 or 4 extra azerite per quest, even though I doubt it will be much different than it is now on pvp servers.

As far as whats "needed" for the neck, we have no idea what they will do with it at this point on beta. If it goes as it is now, youll be capped for your mythic gear traits to work before the raid ever gets released and thats without the 10% bonus. I also expect them to put research in as well since Ion talked about that in one of the q&a's.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Honestly, the bonus talents make it pretty tempting. It would certainly be worth it to engage War Mode to complete challenging content, at least.

For anyone not wanting to be bothered with pvp, no its not a huge difference, at all. They can easily make that up by doing another heroic or an expedition for a couple hundred azerite per. I get what you are saying but for most players I doubt they care about having to pvp to get 3 or 4 extra azerite per quest, even though I doubt it will be much different than it is now on pvp servers.

As far as whats "needed" for the neck, we have no idea what they will do with it at this point on beta. If it goes as it is now, youll be capped for your mythic gear traits to work before the raid ever gets released and thats without the 10% bonus. I also expect them to put research in as well since Ion talked about that in one of the q&a's.
    You say that but any person that cares about not holding their guild back will be effected by this. 3-4 azerite per quest turns into 40-60 azerite per day that you're losing out on. That's 1/5th of a level at higher levels. That isn't chump change. Reality is that it shouldn't have PvE increases for forced PvP. Have larger Honor gains, have currency rewards, have PvP loot chests as extra rewards, it should NEVER be PvE rewards for PvP.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.