Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yeah, didn't u just see legion? did u see any 7.3 events and cinematic? the draenei consider it their own fault so why exactly would i try to clean it?
    and whose fault exactly in the (old) lore that legion fucked any world draenei went to ? in fact in Rise of the Horde Archimonde was against any interference in Dreanor because it was a non-titan planet and BL goal was (back then) undo titans work (yeah no idea how solid it with so many shitcons, is it still official lore?)
    if dreanei didn't came to dreanor, there would be no BL, no enslavement, orcs wouldn't killed and destroyed each others (entire clans were wiped of orcs, do u know that?), if anything Draenei got what they deserved since for a 'honorable' race they had zero problem in order to stay alive to mark planets for BL to fuck it and wipe all life forms from it
    Draenei had over 200 year on dreanor, they could build defenses (something that need far less time as we saw many times), or u know actually ask the original planet owners to stay in first place, instead they willingly - in order to survive - caused the annihilation of any non draenei life form on countless planets, that isn't a honored act, that is a coward act, they could do what the reskinned hd draenei were doing in same time: fight the legion, lightforge draenei proved that the normal draenei are just cowards who run away, nothing else, as Illidan pointed out many times
    so if u have no plan to 'waste ur time' why exactly did u answer ?
    and why did u avoid how humans established their nations (and high elves) ?
    tbh bro the burning legion was systematically wiping out every planet in the universe it was a matter of time whether the draenei were there or not. and since mages attract the legion and the ogres were up to a ton of magical shit without much precision the orcs were screwed either way

Horde: they nuked Theramore instead of Pandaland.

Technically... none.

A war crime is an act or transgression made during a time of war that violates an internationally agreed upon law of warfare. As far as I'm aware, there has been no point in the history of WoW where the leaders of the Horde and Alliance sat around a table and said "Y'know, when we do go to war again, we should ban the use of warlocks!" In this universe, anything goes, including bombing innocent cities. There are no war crimes, just heavy-handed tactics.

Pedantics aside: bombing of Theramore, destruction of Camp Taurajo, and burning of Teldrassil.

There is no such thing as war crimes in the universe of Warcraft, as the two factions never signed any sort of the agreement on conventional warfare. To make it even more clear: There are no bifactional rules of war, thus there can't be war crimes against the other faction.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well they have, but nothing on a huge scale.
    Sky captain rogers attacked the forsaken ships in stormheim when she was not supposed to.
    but other then that i mean the alliance has never done anything morally wrong AS A WHOLE, there has been individuals in it who have done wrong and been brought to justice (or hopefully will be...) but the alliance has done nothing on the level of mass murdering civilians, killing men woman and children, torture, and experimentation.
    What about orc internment camps after the second war? Bad stuff probably happened then.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    What about orc internment camps after the second war?
    How the hell is that a crime? That was an act of unprecedented humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Admiral Rogers ordering the killing of drowning orcs
    It's not a crime. Contrary to a popular belief, there is no obligation to take the enemy prisoner, and executing prisoners is not a crime.

Ion putting every spell on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Ion putting every spell on the GCD.
    That's not a war crime that's a great change from our fearless leader!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Never forget Camp Taurajo!
    Yeah, the horde likes to say theramore was the same as the camp with 3 tents

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How the hell is that a crime? That was an act of unprecedented humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a crime. Contrary to a popular belief, there is no obligation to take the enemy prisoner, and executing prisoners is not a crime.
    Real world never had to contend with an alien invasion or rival sentient species so who knows how that would turn out.

Executing prisoners is one of the four original war crimes. In the 1864 version.
    The shipwrecked are protected by geneva conventionsjust like sick and wounded.

But since we have established that neither side in this fictional conflict realy gives a flying turd about our laws of war we can end this conversation right here.
    Last edited by sighy; 2018-05-14 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    She arrested them. She didn't murder them and rightfully so for illegally using the kirin tor and dalaran to essentially steal from one faction to give the horde ANOTHER doomsday artifact. She was actually trying really hard to remain neutral despite what happened to her. That action forced the kirin tor into picking a side. Either they appropriately punish the sunreavers for that and cause the Horde to distrust them or they let it slide and show their rules mean nothing causing the Alliance to distrust them. Honestly the sunreavers shouldnt even be part of the horde anymore since they also went against their regent lord in stealing the divine bell (when blizzard remember he exists anyway.)
    arrested by way of pummeling with ice and fire leaving scattered corpses in her wake...

Then having the Vareesa and the SC mop up dissidents in the sewers and shops and prevent any from fleeing and confiscating their belongings.

Are there even established laws of war to begin with in this setting? I never read War Crimes, nor do I have any immediate plans to, so maybe that covers it to some extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Didn't the Alliance shoot a TON of drowning Horde sailors in the Pandaren intro because they didn't want prisoners? That was kinda fucked up
    They were being influenced by the Sha to do that, but yeah, that was the worst.

Not comparable to all the undicriminated killings the horde has repeatidly done though. Quite honestly, that shooting was messed up, but it doesn't come even close to balancing the scales, and quite honestly, it was on the heels of undicriminate horde killings in Theramore. It was understandable. The horde made Alliance genocide their mission since Cataclysm. It's hard to fault them for protecting themselves. Those Orcs weren't without guilt for supporting Garrosh' ways.

It's still messed up. But it wasn't killing women and children or civilians and innocents. Those were soldiers that knew what they signed up for.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-14 at 02:18 AM.

I'm horde and I hate what the forsaken did to hillsbrad foothills , loved that place and now it's a mess

10+ Year Old Account
    graymane jumpin sylvanas in stormheim despite the truce the factions had to fight the legion
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

How is Theramore a war crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How is Theramore a war crime?
    Was literally about to ask that. It was a military target supplying other military operations and the Horde gave several days to evacuate civilians as it slow marched up to it. Everyone who stayed knew they were staying in a city under siege.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Executing prisoners is one of the four original war crimes. In the 1864 version.
    Executing sick and wounded was prohibited by the 1864 version, nothing more. If the enemy didn't surrender but was overtaken by force, it is not considered "taken prisoner" either.
    The shipwrecked are protected by geneva conventionsjust like sick and wounded.
    Orcs in that scenario wern't shipwrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Executing sick and wounded was prohibited by the 1864 version, nothing more. If the enemy didn't surrender but was overtaken by force, it is not considered "taken prisoner" either.
    Orcs in that scenario wern't shipwrecked.
    Destruction or loss of a ship by sinking
    -basic dictionary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Are there even established laws of war to begin with in this setting? I never read War Crimes, nor do I have any immediate plans to, so maybe that covers it to some extent.
    no

War crimes was basically the trial, for Garrosh, where they used him as a scapegoat for every single transgression orcs ever commited in Azeroth and beyond. Therre are a couple subplots and nuances(like Vereesa metaphorically stabbing her sister in the back, because we need to showcase how goodie two shoes talk no jutsu anduin is) and to top it off the Celestials, who basically were the ones deciding the verdict in the end would ahve absolved Garrosh anyway. But Wrathion and Kairoz busted him out beforehand so that we could go on Kairoz and Garrosh's excelent adventure, in concept...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    tbh bro the burning legion was systematically wiping out every planet in the universe it was a matter of time whether the draenei were there or not. and since mages attract the legion and the ogres were up to a ton of magical shit without much precision the orcs were screwed either way
    yeah that was a shitcon, back then - at least at the release time of rise of the horde - they were planning to only undo titans creation, hence why archimonde was strongly against any attack on Dreanor or even waste any resource on it
    the problem with current lore is that how can Rise of Horde be canon and it contradicts many things, so we keep shitting on older lore just for the sake of it? not all older lore is bad (in fact most of it is superior to whatever mess we have now), at least back then the rule of 'kool' and fuck lore for mmo format wasn't that strong yet

I admit i don't like current lore and it will take time to swallow it, but i'm VERY happy with chronicles and i hope that is final retcon to lore and no more changes and shitting on ur own established lore sometimes for just zero reason
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power