Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, basically "We are working on Raynor right now"

Take that as you will!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    Eh, basically "We are working on Raynor right now"

Take that as you will!
    They said that about Lunara too at the end of February.

And a lunara rework followed right after diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They said that about Lunara too at the end of February.
    Didn't they say they were working on Raynor months ago in a Q&A? Might have even been Blizzcon. I think the Raynor rework is a cut and dry example of Blizzard's "soon™".

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Didn't they say they were working on Raynor months ago in a Q&A? Might have even been Blizzcon. I think the Raynor rework is a cut and dry example of Blizzard's "soon™".
    They've teased it coming at some point in the past, but it's only now they've actually confirmed it outright.

Nice. Looks way less finicky than he used to be.

Diablo rework looks amazing, Lunara rework seems a bit underwhelming.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Diablo rework looks amazing, Lunara rework seems a bit underwhelming.
    Diablo rework appears to absolutely gut his damage. All that talk about shotgunning with his Fire Stomp to do huge damage? You literally have to hit with all 5 fireballs to do SLIGHTLY more damage than hitting with a single fireball currently. So basically, if you are good at consistently hitting heros with all 5 fireballs, you can compete with current Fire Stomp...but you also lose Devastating Charge in it's current state(as well as base damage on charge), and gain longer CD on Fire Stomp. Plus your charge is longer range baseline, but shorter range than current charge with From the Shadows, AND you lose the armor on the charge. Also losing Soul Shield in it's current form, being replaced with a worse version that is on the same talent tier as Devil's Due. About the only good thing I see about his rework is that it's a lot easier/faster to gain souls now.

Deleted
    Not sure about the Lunara rework. I think she plays similar to now, not sure about her damage. I would skill her with old standard talents and go for single target damage, the other options seem not as consistent / reliable to take the risks of being aggressive enough to keep the dots on more targets. But we'll see how it plays out.

Deleted
    Diablo rework wasnt needed at all in my opinion, and while Lunara's whisp could use some buff to be relevant (to be able to do something interesting with it) her base kit was fine too. So im lost on why the developers thought these heroes will be reworked this time. There are far better candidates.

I mean there is nothing wrong with Lunara or Diablo on live. They are fine. They are played regularly. Diablo even being a bit strong on certain maps/comps.

I have to try it out before calling results, but seeing the video i think this is a nerf to Diablo overall. It will be harder to play him effective, and he hits like a wet noodle.
    We will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Diablo rework wasnt needed at all in my opinion, and while Lunara's whisp could use some buff to be relevant (to be able to do something interesting with it) her base kit was fine too. So im lost on why the developers thought these heroes will be reworked this time. There are far better candidates.

I mean there is nothing wrong with Lunara or Diablo on live. They are fine. They are played regularly. Diablo even being a bit strong on certain maps/comps.
    Diablo has been basically one of the top tanks for awhile. The rework had nothing to do with him not being played, it was that he was played a lot, with basically 1 set in stone build(there was literally 1 talent tier where you had any choice at all if you didn't want to be doing something really wrong). The rework looks like it gave him more build options, but basically cost him all his damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The rework looks like it gave him more build options, but basically cost him all his damage.
    I somehow think he will drop down quickly in popularity after the rework.

His peel and set-ups are not that good. Sure he will get a slight buff in that area, but Diablo was strong mainly because he can survive a ton of burst damage, obliterate those pesky meta Overwatch Heroes and combo well with other meta Heroes like Maiev, Medivh, Malf or Stukov.

After this I can see Garrosh rise up in popularity even more with Muradin taking Diablo's place and ETC rising up to counter Garrosh. I don't know, Lord of Terror without damage doesn't feel scary anymore.