Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    But Shiite are the more "progressive" Muslims, It's the Sunni who are the more "radical" ones.

Oh look, $2.4 trillion and 4,000+ US soldier corpses later and Iraq is busy resetting to the pile of shit it was beforehand. Almost like this was a terrible fucking idea from the start like you were told repeatedly by everyone.

Good thing all the conservatives used those memory wipers from Men in Black to pretend they were against the war all along lol. I look forward to them pretending they were all against Trumpism in 5-10 years too.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    highly intelligent, cautious and learns from his mistakes.

A disaster for the Americans. Get rid of Saddam and replace him with a black turbaned virulently anti american shia cleric a decade later.
    Pretty much what I've been saying for a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    uhh all those languages combined (the ones with IRAK) do not equal the amount of english spoken.

ALSO in Philippines we always used IRAQ not IRAK. so your list may be wrong...
    Might be American influence there.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yet you vote Republican.

I R O N Y
    There's a difference between a Religious Leader, and a Leader with a respective Religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, who cares? The U.S shouldn't bother with another country's problems, anyway. I mean, we're not Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    There's a political sub-forum..

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    There's a difference between a Religious Leader, and a Leader with a respective Religion.
    Remember when George W. Bush said that God told him to go to war in Iraq?

Or is that under the giant straining pile of cognitive dissonance and intellectual dishonesty?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Next you'll tell me the PM isn't going to be a woman.
    Doesn't Iraq have a higher proportion of women in government than the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Religious leaders should NEVER run a country.
    tell that to the queen of england. or the pope. or every monarch country with a protestant state church. or the dalai lama.

dont like those double standards. religious leaders can lead a country very well, this is proven over millenia. if god is the only entity above you, you still have something higher above you to keep you in check.

if you are atheist and become leader, there is nothing that can keep your actions in check, the best example for this is hitler.

exchange religious with fundamentalistic, and your statement becomes correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Doesn't Iraq have a higher proportion of women in government than the US?
    Maybe, but most of them aren't allowed to speak to the press without prior permission, have positions that are purely ceremonial, purely clerical, or both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    tell that to the queen of england. or the pope. or every monarch country with a protestant state church. or the dalai lama.

dont like those double standards. religious leaders can lead a country very well, this is proven over millenia. if god is the only entity above you, you still have something higher above you to keep you in check.

if you are atheist and become leader, there is nothing that can keep your actions in check, the best example for this is hitler.

exchange religious with fundamentalistic, and your statement becomes correct.
    Very well said. Religious leaders can be very good if they're genuine. Fundamentalism becomes a problem with any religion. The major ones, for instance, were all codified in a very different and violent times, and most people have realized that certain aspects of it (like women being essentially property of their male relatives in Islam; eating the wrong thing can have you put to death in Judaism; or stoning prostitutes or eye for an eye retribution in Christianity), has no place in a civilized modern society. Extreme fundamentalists, sadly, still see those things are things God EXPECTS and DEMANDS be done... or you're a sinner.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

and also the other part, you act as if its bad. you deserve to be insulted when you say stupid shit. since apparently nobody in your fucking life tells you the real deal some random fuck on the internet has too. i cant be your mommy and daddy but if you listen to me you will learn.
    you wish, weirdo. I mean you never ever mention WHY anyone is wrong so again this attitude coming from you is just fucking hilarious. you're not smart or wise, you're just an asshole.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2018-05-14 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    It doesnt matter, if MURICA dont like em FREEDOM will reign/rain again
    US will just invalidate the elections until their sock puppet wins, like they did in Afghanistan...

Deleted
    "Muqttada al-Sadr...

"

To be honest this is a good outcome. Al-sadr can be negotiated with and has credibility-he can keep the shias onside unlike all the recent leaders.

Of course he killed a lot of yanks, but I have a hard time giving a shit since they had no business invading the country in the first place. This is a total humiliation for the US, but it is thoroughly deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    you say that when it says PENCE on the ticket as well.
    Being religious != being a religious leader. But, don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit narrative(s), right?

AMG, this guy goes to church and/or reads (a) bible, he's going to force us all to worpship Jebuz!!!!!! 1st Amendment somethingoranother!!!!!! Of course, if Pence was Muslim, trying to force Sharia Law down our throats, you'd call us racist for trying to resist it. But hey, nothing gets in the way of a Liberal whining about (imaginary) bigotry or slamming Christianity.

One, true for the Irak/Iraq point. I will write Iraq.

Two, Iraq/Irak is a good faith error. Transliterated names often vary a lot according to the language. For instance, in French, Rasputin or Putin are rendered as Raspoutine or Poutine. While ''Poutine'' is a rather disgusting fries, cheese and gravy dish, ''Poutine'' is way less ''diplomatic incident in the making'' than ''Putin'', since ''Putin'' pronounced as it's read in French is a crude word for a streetwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    While ''Poutine'' is a rather disgusting fries, cheese and gravy dish
    Suffer not the heretic to live.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

do you even understand what is going on here? is this above your comprehension level? pence is NOT a religious LEADER. he is however a religious man, too religious for my liking but damn bro you really dont understand english? that irks me

oh i get it, you was trying to be funny.. oh well HAHA so funny.

- - - Updated - - -

actually in 2018 yes western religions are way better... how can you dispute this?

- - - Updated - - -

uhh all those languages combined (the ones with IRAK) do not equal the amount of english spoken.

ALSO in Philippines we always used IRAQ not IRAK. so your list may be wrong...
    Spanish as a first language: 350 million.
    English as a first language: 340 million.

The point would stand regardless. Being an asshole because someone spells the name of a country differently is easily and reasonably explainable as the name being spelled that way in their first language. Especially when the it's unambiguous which country it is. Pence is unquestioningly a Dominionist, as are multiple cabinet secretaries. As are actions taken by this Whitehouse, eg: moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

Deleted
    in some good news the guy who threw his shoes at George Bush won a seat.

hero

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    tell that to the queen of england
    Why? She doesn't run the country.

How surprising an anti-western politician is leading in an area where the majority see the US as a flat out enemy to their country

Deleted
    Which Country Is The Greatest Threat to World Peace?