Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Aimed shot cast time needs to at least be reduced to 2.5s from 3. Even with trueshot up, the extra haste is hardly noticeable. Alternatively, rework the Master Marksman talent to give a free aimed shot after X steady casts which would both incentivise actually using steady and make aimed shot feel more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Aimed shot cast time needs to at least be reduced to 2.5s from 3. Even with trueshot up, the extra haste is hardly noticeable. Alternatively, rework the Master Marksman talent to give a free aimed shot after X steady casts which would both incentivise actually using steady and make aimed shot feel more fluid.
    You mean get the talent lock and load?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    You mean get the talent lock and load?
    5% chance to proc on auto shot is not even remotely similar, so no that's not what I mean.

I know it can be hard to judge from videos but everything I have seen about hunter looks worse than live with the exception of survival which stil doesn’t look promising which still

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaom View Post
    I know it can be hard to judge from videos but everything I have seen about hunter looks worse than live with the exception of survival which stil doesn’t look promising which still
    Because you dont have the same stats as on live. 80% of the complaints here judge the class on leveling gear... Like ouh surprise the class feels slower without haste... duuh

Having played Hunter on alpha/beta. Marksman feels better to me. More fluid. BM is essentially the same. Survival is really the only spec that still feels broken to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    Because you dont have the same stats as on live. 80% of the complaints here judge the class on leveling gear... Like ouh surprise the class feels slower without haste... duuh
    well i've actually played it on beta and leveled to 120. it is actually faster in the crap leveling greens at 110 than at 120 with full dungeon gear. the spec is slow as shit and just boring atm.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    well i've actually played it on beta and leveled to 120. it is actually faster in the crap leveling greens at 110 than at 120 with full dungeon gear. the spec is slow as shit and just boring atm.
    oh so dungeon gear is the cap we will get in bfa? THINK MAN THINK!
    we will get at least 3 raid tiers with increasing stats on it every time. Ofc it will feel alot slower than a late expansion hunter, wich you are comparing it to right now

Deleted

Just curious, isn't early dungeon gear normally worse than leveling gear in terms of secondary stat values.
    What I'm saying is - 100 haste on lvl 110 is way more than 100 haste on lvl 120.
    And the leveling gear you have on beta is the argus stuff, right? That's (for a lvl 110) basically gear you get after 2 tiers of raids - or something?

Not that it makes it any better, because a spec should be fun to play at every level... but still.

As for it being slow, it shouldn't be slower than BM... the specs look to be similar to how hunter has been since the 1,5gcd...with the exception of MM, which has this really huge gap whenever you cast AiS.
    At worst, you are GCD capped, which is what SV is in Legion in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-11 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    oh so dungeon gear is the cap we will get in bfa? THINK MAN THINK!
    we will get at least 3 raid tiers with increasing stats on it every time. Ofc it will feel alot slower than a late expansion hunter, wich you are comparing it to right now
    it's all we have to go by in beta. a spec shouldn't need 2-3 raid tiers to feel good to play, that's basically saying "hey this spec will feel like shit for a year but it will get better eventually!".

i've lvled my hunter every xpac since wrath and it has never felt this horribly slow at any launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I am main switching to hunter in BfA, (Feral since BC). Slow? Well that is perspective. You at least always get to be pressing something. Feral always feels terrible at the expansion start. Honestly, I think feral is going a bit backwards and as much as I love it, I think i just need another class to master. Any class/spec with a builder (not dependent on a resource) will feel much more productive, than a class/spec that is gated by a passive resource generation (energy, etc). I think hunter isn't bad at all, feels good on beta. I haven't messed with BM yet, but I am enjoying MM and SV. The talent combos mesh really well and allow for some interesting options to play with. Every single class/spec feels weak, slow, *insert bad, overused adjective here*. We need something to build toward. If we dont feel weak, we can't feel as though we have gotten stronger.

P.S.: I do not take actual numbers into consideration at all during a testing phase.

I find it hard to read the complaints without hearing "the rotation isn't perfect so I don't like it".

Most of the cleave issues are only relevant if other classes can do it better, which I don't know. Maybe they do. I don't see the issue with generating focus with a single target ability. A focus generator is not supposed to do damage anyway.

Deleted
    it's all we have to go by in beta. a spec shouldn't need 2-3 raid tiers to feel good to play, that's basically saying "hey this spec will feel like shit for a year but it will get better eventually!".

i've lvled my hunter every xpac since wrath and it has never felt this horribly slow at any launch.
    What's causing it to feel slow to you though?

I mean, we didn't really use a whole lot of oGCDs or anything and it has been 1,5s - 2s casts for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What's causing it to feel slow to you though?

I mean, we didn't really use a whole lot of oGCDs or anything and it has been 1,5s - 2s casts for a while now.
    passive focus gen is way lower.
    aimed shot is baseline 1 sec slower: 2 sec=legion 3 sec=bfa
    2 sec steady shot to regen focus which is same cast as live aimed shot but does almost no damage and the focus is almost the same as live arcane.

it's not that it "feels slow" it straight up IS slower in every way

oh yea, rapid fire which is just ST barrage with red arrows is 3 sec channel same as aimed, which can be extended to a whole 5 sec of channeling.

most of the time youre casting slow aimed shot or staring at slow channel its just slow and boring
    Last edited by threads; 2018-05-13 at 11:01 PM.

At 110 your in 187 ish ilvl greens, at 120 in blues you will be at 300+ ilvl. There is going to be a world of difference between now and then especially with Azurite gear. The specs feel just a bit under par in 187 greens I bet once we get to character coppy it will be much different. I think for BM Dire Beast needs a bit more to be competitive, One with the Pack seems to mandatory. Killer Cobra is in need of some tweeks because when you account for the CD reduction from Cobra you're not getting the same level of increase that you are from AotB.

BM is a decent flowing spec though that just needs another button to regularly press. MM feels alright but needs the numbers pass IMO. Surv seems ok when I played it a few weeks ago, but I guess I need to give it some more run down. People making videos though on it says it seems really good to them. So that makes me wonder who what is it that these people who keep saying surv is broken talking about, cuz that is all I hear them say "Suv is wtf broken"... What's that suppose to mean. Start saying what it is that's broken.

Only thing I dont like about mm in bfa is that aimed short charges CD isnt reduced by haste. Why?

I wonder how hard it is, from the development standpoint, to implement character creation tool, ingame, in which you can make one with as many stats as you want. I am sure they have one for internal testing. How cool would it be. May it be a different server, just different dummies, like a shoot range, and you can test what 10, 15, 30 haste feels like. Or mastery or crit or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    I like this, they could make piercing shot our main shot and let instant aimed shot proc om steady shot usage, would be like cataclysm marksman again!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Only thing I dont like about mm in bfa is that aimed short charges CD isnt reduced by haste. Why?
    That's the question many would want to have answer for. Making its recharge affected by haste would give haste some value (which, atm, is lacking). Possibly same with Rapid Fire CD.

Deleted
    passive focus gen is way lower.
    aimed shot is baseline 1 sec slower: 2 sec=legion 3 sec=bfa
    2 sec steady shot to regen focus which is same cast as live aimed shot but does almost no damage and the focus is almost the same as live arcane.

it's not that it "feels slow" it straight up IS slower in every way

oh yea, rapid fire which is just ST barrage with red arrows is 3 sec channel same as aimed, which can be extended to a whole 5 sec of channeling.

most of the time youre casting slow aimed shot or staring at slow channel its just slow and boring
    Oh you are talking about MM, the guy you quoted was talking about SV or something and I thought you meant the 1,5s GCD seems to be slower in BFA.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-14 at 05:31 PM.