Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If there was anyone left to teach them the warlock-ing art, they probably got Gorehowl to the face... or got "judged" by Yrel.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Two words, Shadowmoon Orcs, they are an established clan that wasn't always led astray, there was just one bad apple in their clan, Ner'zhul. The last thing they want to do is continue the ways of Gul'dan (i.e, Warlocks) Do the questline in Shadowmoon during Warlords on Alliance side some time, you'll see why Priests are a thing for Mag'har.
    I don't think nerzhul was a "bad apple". The "heroic" and "completely redeemed" Grommash forced him to either tap into the dark star or the iron horde would wipe out his entire clan. His choices were either use the dark star or lose all of his people.
    Even in the MU wasn't he made the lich king as punishment for trying to defy the legion only to immediately defy the legion by getting Arthas to kill malganis and put on the helm of command so he was strong enough to fight the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    So i was pretty confused when i looked on the alpha/beta about the mag'har orcs that they can be priests but not warlocks.
    Anyone know why?
    I am really curious!

no troll or anything i just want to know!
    Locks represent their "corrupted" greenskins who accepted the Fel. Makes sense that the uncorrupted (who never accepted Fel into their lives) can't be Locks.

They could become Locks, they'd have to accept the Fel and their skins would turn green, aka, what we have now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

There were a couple Orc mobs in BC that used priest spells as well, so technically they've been in the game since as far back as the first xpac.
    /Catchphrase!

I know how you feel OP. I wish there was a delete thread button too.

Why can Nightborne be warlocks then what happened to their race is very similar to what happened to the orcs. Their leader joined with the legion and a bunch of them got fel corrupted and fought for the legion and a rebel group didn't and defeated the fel corrupted versions and defeated the legion and hated the legion yet they can still be warlocks. Don't think their was any warlock nightborne part of Thalyssra's rebellion and I doubt they really like warlocks yet they are a thing. Just a thing I was wondering XD

Deleted
    Iam sad about my lock cant be a maghar orc as well. I hate the normal orcs way of standing.

the whole idea of being mag'har is being free of fel energy and its influence

wouldnt make sense for them to be able to become warlocks

Doesn't fel spread by proximity as well? As far as I know, there are plenty of Orcs that didn't use it but nevertheless turned green. How long until these new Mag'har Orcs turn green just because they are fighting alongside regular Orcs and Blood Elves?

well. after turning green because using warlock magic / fel, they become the normal orc race corrupted. If that does not count, then all the green orcs from classic should be called mag'har as well.

Perfectly good point from above.

And yes you can play the corrupted Mag'har orc warlock with using the classic orc and go to the barber for your back pain

The main difference between brown orcs and green orcs is direct exposure to fel magic.

It would make zero sense for maghar to be warlocks since that is literally the very thing that makes them different to green orcs (refusal of fel).

A green orc gave me a candy heart that said "I fel for you." I told him he could keep his demon's blood and clobbered him with my mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    So i was pretty confused when i looked on the alpha/beta about the mag'har orcs that they can be priests but not warlocks.
    Anyone know why?
    I am really curious!

no troll or anything i just want to know!
    Mag'har literally cannot be warlocks. If a mag'har became a warlock, it would become a green-skinned orc, basically.

Mag'har have priests because of the Shadowmoon tribe. If you don't know what the Shadowmoon tribe is, I suggest looking it up on Wowpedia or something. The class perfectly suits them, and I was very happy to see that Blizzard hadn't forgotten them.

If you're curious about the lore, you can go learn it from one of the given websites. They are very in depth about this. Mag'har means 'uncorrupted orc'. An orc warlock couldn't be mag'har by definition, neither in name, in story, nor in physical appearance.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-05-15 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing. What happened to all the orcs who got green skin by being near fel in Tanaan whether they liked it or not because their leaders were abject failures? Did they all get slaughtered? I mean they were soldiers, they didn't exactly have an option.
    Blizz can easily just say all "corrupted" Orcs on Draenor were wiped out by Yrel's fanatical light inquisition.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-05-15 at 05:37 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Mag'har CANNOT be Warlocks, or they're just not Orcs..

I think Mag'har means pure or something so any sort of Warlock magic would go against their name directly.

Its all because Yrel (space nazi crusader) forced light on orcs (so now they can use light) but mag'har never accepted fel "gift" so they cant really warlock

Honestly this is what i think the orcs should be.

Quote Originally Posted by betaplayer100000 View Post
    You know it probably has something to do with a certain warlock tying to sell their race into slavery that kinda thing makes people hate other people.
    Why is there other comments after this? That was literally the end of the thread.

If they use gel magic they will turn green. Technically they should turn green anyway because just being around Fel magic can make them start to become green. Just look at thrall. He was born green from 2 brown Orcs. But the fel presence was enough to change him.