Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I suggest we find a benevolent superpower to guarantee our security and our access to valuable trade markets while we divest ourselves of a useful military, create an unsustainable welfare state, and sit around feeling superior for enjoying a peaceful, prosperous existence that was won for us by better men.
    Hit the nail on the head buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    What does authoritarian mean in this context?
    Demanding civilian complacency with the police state, regardless of rights. You know...the definition of auttoritatianism (though I’m sure you’re more used to the “woman hurt my feelings on the internet non-definition).

Resisting arrest is not the proper way to get justice and most of those resisting and getting shot are not innocent anyway. Why do you encourage this?
    I don’t particularly care if they’re innocent or not. That’s irrelevant when discussing rights.

If you think you have been mistreated, take it up in court. Sue the crap out of the officer, but don't threaten him.
    Yes, because the courts NEVER let the police get away with literal murder.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Having some guns from the local market won't do shit against US army (or any modern army, really). This might have been an argument some 50+ years a go, but now? Don't make me laugh.
    Subduing local, lightly armed insurgencies has actually proven pretty difficult for modern militaries. It's kind of weird to claim otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And crime rates?

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

And just for fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

You like crime in the US alright.
    The United States has a murder problem, but there's not a good reason to believe it's tied to firearms ownership. Worldwide, there is no correlation between firearms ownership and homicide (link).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Police shoot too many unarmed people in the back! I want this to stop! What can be done to lesson aggression in our culture?

What can we do to make the first steps to becoming a peaceful multi ethnic integrated space exploring culture a reality?

We should promote cooperation! Should we promote belonging?
    The thing blocking the U.S. from progressing towards a more peaceful, cooperative culture is our cling to freedom. So long as we are free to hate, we will never have peace in the way you are looking for.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Ok you aren’t even making sense now, I’m done talking to you.
    Directly quoting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    No that is not the solution. If a few people are killed so that American citizens 2nd amendment rights are protected then so be it. It’s usually social Darwinism anyway and we are better off without them.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's why we don't take what other countries say seriously because there it total ignorance to our laws here. And I bring up Chicago IL also because it's major problem is the inner city, where it doesn't matter what the regulations are in other states because the guns there are pretty much all illegal guns. But why let facts get int eh way of liberal excuses. It is Obama's hometown after all. His crony in the mayor's office refuses to do anything about it because he doesn't want to be labeled a racist.
    So if you're done with your rambling, I refer you back to my original comments.

You have concealed carry in every state. Your idea of "strict gun laws" is what any other country would consider extremely weak gun laws. This is a "just you" problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The thing blocking the U.S. from progressing towards a more peaceful, cooperative culture is our cling to freedom. So long as we are free to hate, we will never have peace in the way you are looking for.
    But there are all sorts of practical restrictions on our freedom of thought due to various social norms, traditions, and unwritten rules that people take even more seriously than the law. No one would be caught dead espousing the view that, say, men should all stay home and raise children while women do all of the work, it is just one of those things that is dismissed out of hand without being given a moment's consideration. This is categorically NOT how we treat racism or bigotry, and to an extent those ideas are still accepted or even encouraged by society despite the fact that we all on some level know them to be wrong. Freedom is hardly an obstacle to building a better and more harmonious society, if anything it's our unwillingness to exercise our freedom of thought and really challenge hateful ideas that is holding us back.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Police shoot too many unarmed people in the back! I want this to stop! What can be done to lesson aggression in our culture?

What can we do to make the first steps to becoming a peaceful multi ethnic integrated space exploring culture a reality?

There are multiple things that would need to happen. Perhaps the biggest is the inherit racism involved by virtue of our suburbs.

By creating this separation, it becomes substantially easier to create the us vs them dichotomy. I don't see any issues where I am, so if there are issues over there, it must be because it is "them" who are obviously bad people and deserve what they get. You see this play out all the time in our media where they will look hard to find any character flaws in someone treated (or killed) unfairly as well as try to push the narrative that the bad cop or white killer is mentally ill and/or the exception (that seems to happen quite often).

Another big factor that keeps America from being as empathetic as it should be is the rising tide of Christian evangelism; something media continues to support as well. These groups are inexorably pushing towards theocracy (tbh, any flavor of authoritarianism would be fine in their book) , and it is filled with racism, misogyny, and intolerance for any non-Christian religion (as well as many Christian denominations).

https://chrisstroop.com/2018/03/14/t...is-not-a-hero/

I think white Evangelicals should have to own all of the white supremacist patriarchal horrors they have unleashed throughout American history, and all of the horrors they are unleashing in the present under their Trump regime. No amount of rebranding should be adequate to “save” their movement. If we are to survive as a democracy, we need to reduce their influence as much as possible, as quickly as possible, because, make no mistake, this is not a religious group that ultimately respects the rule of law. These are fundamentalists, driven at base by a need for power and control. They want to dominate. The media should not help them achieve that goal by normalizing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Demanding civilian complacency with the police state, regardless of rights. You know...the definition of auttoritatianism (though I’m sure you’re more used to the “woman hurt my feelings on the internet non-definition).

I don’t particularly care if they’re innocent or not. That’s irrelevant when discussing rights.

Yes, because the courts NEVER let the police get away with literal murder.
    Resisting arrest isn't a human right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Police shoot too many unarmed people in the back!
    Do they? What's the stats for this for 2017?

Bring back Guild perks and remove LFR and multi-tagging. That would promote belonging and cooperation.

Import more delicate European manlets.

With poverty comes crime. With crimes comes violence. FIX the poverty and you shall see alot of problems vanish. But no, it is widely accepted that you have millions full time jobs that does not provide a living wage. But people over there are so selfish, imagine if they should have to pay what actualy costs. OHH NOOO. Better stuff is cheap at the costs of employee salery. It's a rotten way to run a society and i will never understand why it's so accepted. Makes me appriciate living in Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    id say start by realizing that all of america doesn't have a uniform culture.
    Which contributes to a more violent less stable country in general. Not saying America is ultra-violent because it’s not on the whole though there are parts worse than others. But toward the OP multi ethnicity isn’t a problem per se with violence, but multiple incompatible cultures coming into conflict with one another is.

Deleted
    "Not saying America is ultra-violent because it’s not on the whole "

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Step one, stop believing in cherry picked facts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    they also interact daily more with police on a per capita basis. common fucking sense bro would tell you they would have a higher rate of police killings. also this is NOT a minority issue. THIS IS A BLACK ONLY ISSUE. no other fucking race in america has this fucking problem. ASK YOURSELF WHY? why? WHY? and one more time after you answer your stupid liberal answer, ask yourself, why? and maybe you'll fucking get it.
    It is in any way a black only issue, black immigrants do not have the same crime rate there is no crime gene found in only black people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    but in chicago they kidnap mentally handicapped white kids and torture them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_C...rture_incident

chicago is a pretty big shit hole. and it's responsible for a ton of the crime that happens in my city.
    Do you really base your view of the world on one off outliers? By that logic you should think all of the world is a shit hole as something bad had happend litteraly every where.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    but in chicago they kidnap mentally handicapped white kids and torture them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_C...rture_incident

chicago is a pretty big shit hole. and it's responsible for a ton of the crime that happens in my city.
    congratulations you found one outlier out of the millions of crimes to ever happen in Chicago and you used that to further your “white genocide” agenda. Too bad no one cares
    change can't wait.

Life is conflict. Peace is death.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    The way I see it the problem with the OP is “Police shoot too many unarmed people in the back!” That statement should be shortened to “Why all the shooting?”
    I’m from Denmark and we never had a single case of a “school shooting”. In fact in all my nearly 50 years I can’t remember a case of “School shootings” from another country but the US.
    We never had a “proper” serial killer either, the closest we got was born and raised in the US before moving to Denmark (Peter Lundin to any Danish readers) and again when I think of the term “Serial killer” I think “US phenomena” (although I do know other countries have had them too, but still).
    When talking to people about this the typical argument is often “Because of all the guns”. And while guns surely can be used to kill people my counter argument is always “But look at Canada – or the Czech republic, from what I know they got the same amount of guns yet their murder rate is more similar to that Denmark or its neighbors. So it has to be some cultural phenomena”.

Apart from the US being a “new country” build upon violence and with the racial problems and religious fanaticism I don’t know the answer to the OP. But I’m guessing if I did I would win the Nobel peace prize lol.
    Honestly i would link it to our economic issues which just exacerbate a mix of medical and basic infrastructure as well as education issues.

If we stopped spending so much on war and had universal healthcare(and stopped using medications like they are water) while implememting a better education system and actually looked after the people. I suspect crime rates would drop.

Oh and demilitarized the police and stopped worshipping them and military personell just by taking a certain job.

Also hold anyone who abuses power responsible instead of sweeping it under the rug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
    Give everyone a safe space to go to:

So much division in American … its driving people nuts..

Trumpets vs Democrats... Black People vs Police brutality...

When the USA was first to get to the moon .. The USA was United

Now everyone has their own political agenda...

But remember this song my USA Friends... UNITED we STAND.. divided we Fall

Sadly i feel it will take an insane amount to fix this issue herem so much hate on both sides and each side has almost completely demonized the other. It is actually surprising a civil war gadn't broken out yet with a political as opposed to religious root..would have the same degree of "THEY ARE EVIL" though i suspect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Drastically increase penalty's for theft and make armed robbery life in prison with no parole for 30 years minimum.
    Have people actually start following the laws or keep increasing penalty's.
    Meanwhile i would say the opposote hold police responsible for excessive force and any officer getting too jittery is given a desk job till they calm down.

Buut this involves holding people in power to a higher standard abd demanding only the best in such positions

I actually would love to make it so any officer found guilty of a crim get 3 times the maximum punishment AS A BASELINE for them. Just because of their responsibility to society

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because that means their will be millions more guns in in distribution than any other country. It is a lot easier to contain it in a country that has a population of New York City than it does in a country of 300 million people.

- - - Updated - - -

Repbublicans have never been against a strong social safety net. What they are against is out of control spending to do it. Deomcrfats keep spending millions and millions the country doesn't have. Republicans want those safety nets to be fiscally responsible and on budget. Democrats only care about spending money and have never grasped the concept of a budget because they don't care. They leave that problem for someone else.
    Yeet republicans spend like crazy abd give tax breaks to those who need them least.

And both parties overfund the army to make their corporate masters happy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Change constitution. All civilized world lives without guns.

So black districts, white districts do not exist?
    50 60 hell 100 years ago was doable. Today? Their are too many guns the law changes would never get even half of them and grabdfathering them in would create a black market trade.

We cannot just ban or limit guns here like europe they are too prevelant also it is just a red herring imo. We have much much deeper issues then guns in the us right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yet removing that freedom can backfire as well due to the potential to twist saud laws. Imagine if we banned hate speech right now. I expect trump would try to get his critics branded for it and oddly protect the actual natzis and kkk while punishing anyone against them(and i HAVE seen alot of hate on the left too)

No we need to foster a sense of community and conraderie amongst all people. Not divide us further as the modern trend of identity politics does. Race, gender, sexuality etc. none of it matters as much as people think.

We need to unite.

Also you cannot stop or criminalize hate in any real waym all that will do is bury it and make it an underground issue that festers and rots until it pops. Unlessss you are talking eugenics and brainwashing in which case fuck no.

I would rather hateful bigots be free to soeak and be kaughed at/torn down through debate then fought outright as that only feeds their movement and cements their views further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    But there are all sorts of practical restrictions on our freedom of thought due to various social norms, traditions, and unwritten rules that people take even more seriously than the law. No one would be caught dead espousing the view that, say, men should all stay home and raise children while women do all of the work, it is just one of those things that is dismissed out of hand without being given a moment's consideration. This is categorically NOT how we treat racism or bigotry, and to an extent those ideas are still accepted or even encouraged by society despite the fact that we all on some level know them to be wrong. Freedom is hardly an obstacle to building a better and more harmonious society, if anything it's our unwillingness to exercise our freedom of thought and really challenge hateful ideas that is holding us back.
    This and i will add to also defend hate if it is hating the right people or oppression if it is the right people.

Nobody shoukd be silenced ir told they cannot speak but i hear it all the time from both the left and right. Honestly the ONLY difference between the far left and far right here is who they oppose/their batlecries. While their methedologies are basically identical and they both are so full of hate it is not even funny. Meanwhile each feeds the other by excluding or silencing different groups who they don't agree with/view as not having anything to bring to the table. Thus pushing peopke into an enemy of my enemy is my friend situation.

It just creates a cycle and makes this all worse. Why i am pro free speech and say we need to come together abd stop focusing on race/gender/sexuality and so on..all this focus on external bullshit just tears us apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yet removing that freedom can backfire as well due to the potential to twist saud laws. Imagine if we banned hate speech right now. I expect trump would try to get his critics branded for it and oddly protect the actual natzis and kkk while punishing anyone against them(and i HAVE seen alot of hate on the left too)

No we need to foster a sense of community and conraderie amongst all people. Not divide us further as the modern trend of identity politics does. Race, gender, sexuality etc. none of it matters as much as people think.

We need to unite.

Also you cannot stop or criminalize hate in any real waym all that will do is bury it and make it an underground issue that festers and rots until it pops. Unlessss you are talking eugenics and brainwashing in which case fuck no.

I would rather hateful bigots be free to soeak and be kaughed at/torn down through debate then fought outright as that only feeds their movement and cements their views further.
    I just can't see any way to make it happen without alienating many people due to their views. It is hard to live in peace with people who want you dead just for being who you are. Whether it be your sexual preference, your skin color, or your religion, there are people who would have you dead if they got their way.

I am quite stuck on this, in such that I don't see a way to achieve true peace without trampling people's way of life.

To be clear, I do not advocate eugenics or any such mass removal of people in the name of peace. No national cleansing or anything.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.