Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    start with the fucking guns
    What did guns do? Did they start moving on their own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Except bizzare shit that ruins the industry by painting games as encouraging violence against women.
    The industry isn't remotely "ruined". Like I said, the worst thing you can say about her is "I think she's wrong about some stuff."

And if it worked like that, no one should have complained about her or anyone else being dragged through the mud for being lunatics. But, as we remember, people like you just squacked ignore her.
    I've never said that, and this isn't the first time you've flat-out made shit up and pretended I said it.

If you disagree with her, feel free to do so. I've never said otherwise. But comparing her to the likes of Spencer is a blatant false equivalence and you should know better.

Except bizzare shit that ruins the industry by painting games as encouraging violence against women.

And if it worked like that, no one should have complained about her or anyone else being dragged through the mud for being lunatics. But, as we remember, people like you just squacked ignore her.

So, ignore Spencer and other idiots. I don't recall him killing anyone before we learned he existed.
    I honestly can't believe you're defending a white supremacist.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The industry isn't remotely "ruined". Like I said, the worst thing you can say about her is "I think she's wrong about some stuff."

I've never said that, and this isn't the first time you've flat-out made shit up and pretended I said it.

If you disagree with her, feel free to do so. I've never said otherwise. But comparing her to the likes of Spencer is a blatant false equivalence and you should know better.
    Oh blah blah false equivalence. If Trump can be compated to Hitler, I can compare Sarkessian to Spencer. And industry is partially fucked since it listens to lunatics like her. Like how you think Spencer has no business being allowed to speak for being a lunatic.

And I'm sure you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I honestly can't believe you're defending a white supremacist.
    Whoop whoop. Take a shot for that lovely meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm with you on not personally giving them a platform, or the time of day to give them an audience member. However there are people who do. This is how we ended up with Trump as our President. I can turn my cheek, and cover my ears, but the problem is still there. It can't be simply swept under the rug, because there are people who will lift said rug to make sure everyone can see our dirt.

I do agree with the income equality and universal health care points you've made. I think people feeling a little less in competition with others can help.
    Yeah sadly...it will take a group effort/collecrive change to fix it. I am just not sure modern america has it in itm we have fallen very far from the country that built a continental railroad and would build/do anazing things just to see of we could/tell someone to shut it.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to have this backwards.

The point is that we should know who these people are, so they can be held up to public ridicule and chastisement. At least, with regards to Spencer. Sarkeesian isn't remotely in the same class. You might think she's wrong, but that's about as far as that criticism would go, with her. She's not pushing anything hateful.
    I would actually say some of her supporters and quite possibly anita herself borders on hate in a pretty big way. Annd silencing criticism of her only feeds negativity sooo yeah she kinda does encourage hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh blah blah false equivalence. If Trump can be compated to Hitler, I can compare Sarkessian to Spencer.
    No. That's nonsensical. It does not follow in any respect whatsoever. Trump's rhetoric objectively does line up with Hitler's in a great many respects. Spencer's and Sarkeesian's do not. There is no comparison, there. It's a false equivalent, and a dishonest way to approach this.

And industry is partially fucked since it listens to lunatics like her.
    The games industry is doing fine, I have no earthly clue how you think it's "fucked".

Like how you think Spencer has no business being allowed to speak for being a lunatic.
    That's a nonsequitur that has nothing to do with the prior point.

I think Spencer should be allowed to speak. I just think that any decent employer should fire him/refuse to hire him, and his friends and family should cut all ties, because he's a terrible person professing awful and abusive things. That he should face social consequences for his speech, in other words.

And I'm sure you didn't.
    Which means you either tried, and failed, to find any case where I did so, or you're not even going to bother, because it's easier to just slander me than actually deal with my actual points.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    People use to have thicker skin, which was bullet proof.
    I read that in a straight man voice, which just made it even funnier.

Separate it into 50 different countries.

Stop focusing on restricting guns and try focusing on better mental health care.
    Better healcare in general.
    Affordable education.
    Don’t demonize mental illness so people aren’t afraid to get help.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2018-05-14 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I would actually say some of her supporters and quite possibly anita herself borders on hate in a pretty big way. Annd silencing criticism of her only feeds negativity sooo yeah she kinda does encourage hate
    I'm not really "silencing criticism". I'm encouraging it. Just pointing out that "hey, games developers are sometimes a bit sexist when they do X" is a really fucking far margin from outright white supremacist bullshit, which Spencer spouts consistently.

Also the constant "she's a fraud" refrain, which is just factually incorrect; it's based on her Kickstarter obligations, which she met. It took her longer than originally planned, but only because she got way more money than originally asked for, and stepped up production to make use of it.

Beyond that stuff, if you think she's wrong about something, go nuts. I think she's wrong about a lot, myself. This isn't the thread for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about. Pretty peaceful, here.
    Yup!
    Media tries to paint a different picture, but it's always "somewhere else" that something-something happens. And as usual, people from other countries bite deep likely because they're bored silly.

It simply isn't the American way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's see:

Oblivious:

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about. Pretty peaceful, here.
    oblivious and not racist, *wink wink*:

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Might wanna look at the people doing the majority of the crimes instead of cherry picking the times police have killed unarmed people.
    Oblivious and fake deep:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you watch the news and read shit on the internet, you'd swear the world is burning.

Meanwhile I walk outside, birds chirping. My neighbors say hi.
    Just racist:

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    What you suggest is a pipe dream. Making the country less aggressive would mean making the country more ethnically homogeneous.
    Protip: Look who is overrepresented in crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Do people of color realize they are not above the law? They need to comply with the police officers just like white people.
    And that's just the first page! 10\10 Troll.

No. That's nonsensical. It does not follow in any respect whatsoever. Trump's rhetoric objectively does line up with Hitler's in a great many respects. Spencer's and Sarkeesian's do not. There is no comparison, there. It's a false equivalent, and a dishonest way to approach this.

The games industry is doing fine, I have no earthly clue how you think it's "fucked".

That's a nonsequitur that has nothing to do with the prior point.

I think Spencer should be allowed to speak. I just think that any decent employer should fire him/refuse to hire him, and his friends and family should cut all ties, because he's a terrible person professing awful and abusive things. That he should face social consequences for his speech, in other words.

Which means you either tried, and failed, to find any case where I did so, or you're not even going to bother, because it's easier to just slander me than actually deal with my actual points.
    Okay, so you don't want him to speak since you want everything wrong to happen to him if he does. And all the outrage over him going to colleges.

Blimey. Why are you so mad that I'm encouraging social consequences for Anita? /wink

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so you don't want him to speak since you want everything wrong to happen to him if he does.
    I feel like every time I say "no, I want him to speak" you're going to respond with this kind of nonsense rejoinder that happily ignores whatever it is I said so you can pretend I'm whatever straw man Leftist you've manufactured in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    The United States is a jumbled mess of different races and cultures, brought together by the false hope of the American Dream, all hating each other but hiding their unbridled Anglo-Saxon racism behind the veneer of political correctness. Police brutality against African Americans, mass incarceration of Latin Americans, university prejudice against Asian Americans, and the silent contempt felt by everyone towards white Americans: these are all parts of the same problem. Racial hatred that Americans, for some reason, do not like talk about.

The concept of a black ghetto, a Chinatown or a white-only suburb is infuriating for me. This kind of separation is alien for me as a Russian: even though I am of Asian descent, I grew up alongside brown and white Russians. We were playing in the same playgrounds and studying in the same schools. Yet Americans feel like they need to instate upon their country some sort of self-imposed apartheid. You spend so much effort fighting racism, and yet you never address the core of the problem: the idea that every race needs to have its place. You essentially give black people a reason to hate white people, and vice versa.

However, I doubt that Americans will ever manage to step beyond their racial hatred. Making Americans peaceful is like making Russians sober: impossible.
    Whoo buddy, I think you need to do a little research.

Trump was elected BECAUSE OF YOUR COUNTRY. Internet trolls FROM YOUR COUNTRY have been posting racist divisive shit for months if not years now. Russia is literally fanning the flames and inciting Americans to be racist. White nationalism rallies are being organized by Russians. Russians are making fake accounts to push white nationalism and trash equality. You are literally 50% of the problem right now.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ouse-democrats

Also the fuck are you talking about "separation is alien", 81% of Russia is of Russian descent, your country is basically the most whitewashed in the first world.

Plus, your president throws gay and trans people in jail, silences free speech, and of course is effectively President for Life and has complete control of the country (since, you know, he also throws his political opponents in jail).

So kindly piss off with the "we're better than you" crap when your government is literally causing most of the problems.

I feel like every time I say "no, I want him to speak" you're going to respond with this kind of nonsense rejoinder that happily ignores whatever it is I said so you can pretend I'm whatever straw man Leftist you've manufactured in your head.
    You probably wouldn't get so mad about him being able to speak if you want him to speak.

Just saying.

Okay, so you don't want him to speak since you want everything wrong to happen to him if he does. And all the outrage over him going to colleges.

Blimey. Why are you so mad that I'm encouraging social consequences for Anita? /wink
    No, he's saying that Spencer needs to follow the age old rule of talk shit, get hit. Not complicated.

If someone comes up to you and says to your face that all white people are criminals and that you're disgusting and that black people are a higher form of evolution, you're going to punch him in the face, right? So why the fuck do you think Spencer should get a free pass when he does the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    No, he's saying that Spencer needs to follow the age old rule of talk shit, get hit. Not complicated.

If someone comes up to you and says to your face that all white people are criminals and that you're disgusting and that black people are a higher form of evolution, you're going to punch him in the face, right? So why the fuck do you think Spencer should get a free pass when he does the opposite?
    No, I'll just think he's a massive idiot like Spencer. But then again, I am actually against using violence to solve debate unlike this hypocritcal ass forum.

But hey. That means white people can punch anyone that talks shit about them, right? That's your logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Separate it into 50 different countries.
    I've entertained this idea several times. But the only conclusion I come to in the end is, War. Those 50 would quickly turn into few numbers when weak states get taken over by stronger states. Only way we can do that, is to have each state host it's own laws, but forbid them to have their own military. Basically, keeping the Federal Government, while removing their power outside of business regulation, and national protection.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I hate to say this but that is the the most fucked up and correct answer, so short of that, I don't know.
    wouldn't killing be an aggressive act ? there for every one would have to kill each other..... i mean sure it would be pretty peaceful for the last guy standing but rather lonely :/