View Poll Results: Should base Mythic Dungeons be available in LFD?

Voters
157. This poll is closed
  • Yes

72 45.86%
  • No

85 54.14%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Should base Mythic Dungeons be available to queue ?

Does it make sense to keep base mythic dungeons locked from the dungeon finder? This wouldn't apply to Mythic+.

Well, the LFG is basically a queue anyways. You just get a chance to screen people out before blindly running (if you wanted to).

Why would you want to change it?

No because it serves as a good way to introduce players and make them comfortable with the Group Finder tool.

Of course it doesn't make sense to lock them away. That is, unless you have an interest in people wasting time "travelling" back and forth from dungeon to dungeon which conveniently boosts the number of minutes you can report having people looking at your IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    No because it serves as a good way to introduce players and make them comfortable with the Group Finder tool.
    Voted yes(because why no?), but then I noticed your post and I completely agree.

Deleted
    No, but they should build a "Teleport to dungeon" button into the group finder.

I'm split because of all of the good reasons above.

I think I'd be in support of a hybrid approach: when Mythic dungeons are still hard, require players to form a group and get familiar with Group Finder, traveling, and summoning stones. When Mythic dungeons are old news – like they are this late into Legion – allow them to be queued for like normal/heroic so people can do their Illidan/profession quests or get some basic gear to be LFR-ready without so much hassle while also providing players who don't need the dungeon extra rewards like Artifact Power/gold/crafting mats/etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    when Mythic dungeons are still hard, require players to form a group and get familiar with Group Finder, traveling, and summoning stones.
    Why? Just because it's hard doesn't mean we should have to travel.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. It should teach people how form or find group in fairly easy environment. Baby steps.

Yes, LFG is the future and the future looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why? Just because it's hard doesn't mean we should have to travel.
    To what extend people could avoid traveling tho?
    Actually the person you reply to make a lot of sense with regards to travel too.

At certain point of difficult with relatively good rewards given, you actually have to know where the dungeon is and get a basic sense of a MMORPG by traveling to the place that you are trying to get rewards from. Now after a major patch or something when the content / difficult stated to expire you can just port there.

This just make sense to me.

It makes sense deleting heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    If they put quests needed for a campaign or something in mythic and they can't be done on heroic (professions did this), then yes, they should be.

No. Bad players will queue up for them at the start of expansions and complain that they're too hard and get them nerfed like cata heroics. They aren't super hard, but they're intended to put up a minor challenge which some people just frankly cant handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, but they should build a "Teleport to dungeon" button into the group finder.
    This. After the first time you clear a instance on mythic this button should appear. And if you zone out it should bump you back to where you were before to prevent using it as a way to zone/world hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    This ^

M dungs require people to be comfortable w/ LFG tool, if they aren't, they should try to overcome it, w/o it they won't succeed in M. It's not even about their difficulty, base M dungs aren't that difficult because it actually helps people who are stepping out of their comfort zone, this way they need to worry about fewer things.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-15 at 03:38 AM.

Assuming they're easy enough to be handled by a random group there's really no reason for them not to be queueable. At the beginning of Legion it made sense to target them at organised groups, but with gear inflation they're now completely trivial and the lack of a queue is more of a hassle than a help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I haven't done them because of coming around late, and all my friends being busy with BFA work.

I wouldn't mind a queue, rather than the boring "speed run" heroics.

I also wouldn't mind going to the dungeon, even after a queue.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Does it make sense to keep base mythic dungeons locked from the dungeon finder? This wouldn't apply to Mythic+.
    Ehh.... yes, and no.

In the beginning of the expansion, when mostly everyone is under-geared, and Mythic dungeons are actually hard, putting it on LFD is a bad idea that would only lead to near non-stop wipes. But after M+ has been around for a while... say, when the second raid instance or the next tier of raiding comes along, sure, I don't see much issue in putting it on the LFD.

Honestly I believe all M+ levels should be available for the queue, but only in tandem with a Raider.io like system that tracks progress, successful runs, etc. A function similar to DOTA2s low priority queue would also be needed for quitters or abusive players.