Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Archaeology exists for collectors, first aid is 99.5% useless.

They need to make archaeology rewards better so I have an incentive to do it. I haven't touched it since MoP. And idc about battle pets. I wish they would make a way to make this profession funner.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    How come, then, that archaeology has been in a far worse shape for expansions now, and it's still there?
    They're totally different professions. Archaeology is something to do in-game. You run around the world looking for fragments to build items to complete a collection. While you may not enjoy it, that doesn't mean that everyone else shares that opinion. What they did with Archaeology for Legion was actually pretty neat, with 2-week long quests to complete a project in a specific zone with cool rewards to go with it.

First Aid, however, is dead and has been for some time. No one uses it. And the random quests they added in Legion certainly don't come close to being a rationale for keeping the profession.

I guess they had a choice: Either make bandages a viable option that people would use, or drop them. In a world with powerful healing magic and magical potions, the idea of bandages simply seems foolish.

Probably the only place I can think of where they are even useful is in BGs, but with the existence mage buns they are completely redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    They need to make archaeology rewards better so I have an incentive to do it. I haven't touched it since MoP. And idc about battle pets. I wish they would make a way to make this profession funner.
    They should introduce the abilty to dig up transmogs for old raid gear from the previous expansions. Like getting MoP sets when you grind archeology in Pandaria etc

Quote Originally Posted by Loeschi View Post
    They should introduce the abilty to dig up transmogs for old raid gear from the previous expansions. Like getting MoP sets when you grind archeology in Pandaria etc
    That would be really badass, as I'm currently farming Garrosh shoulders. To have that for items like Tusks of Mannoroth, would definitely get me into archy again. Depending on the looks of the item.

lol remove arch when legion fixed practically every issue anyone had with it.

Nah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi all.
    So I've been thinking about this for a while.
    First aid is being removed and all its achievements are being transferred to legacy. The profession has outlived its usefulness and its recipes are being moved to other professions.
    Why first aid? I can agree bandages have become pretty useless with our health pool becoming absurd. The profession was reduced to a gimmick in order to get the "Field Medic" achievement, which is a red flag that the profession needs to be dealt with badly.

How come, then, that archaeology has been in a far worse shape for expansions now, and it's still there?
    I didn't even think it was such a great idea back when it was released, to be fair. It was useful to grab some ilvl359 gear pieces or the Qiraji mount. But ever since MoP... I mean... just look at its achievements:
    Collect 20 of x. Collect 20 of x (<-Repeat for every single common find). Find all pristine common artifacts. Complete 250 (??!!) Legion digsites.

Archaeology has been a disaster for expansions now. It's just an extremely boring grind. It has no soul to it, assuming it ever had one. The only remotely useful thing it did in Legion was giving you questlines that would get you a pet, a mount, a trinket (basically what the profession has been doing so far, but with a hint of guaranteed rewards, since you just need the weekly quest).

If first aid is getting removed because it outlived its usefulness, archaeology never had one to begin with. Just look at the achievements tab. 104 achievements, more than any other secondary profession.
    Fishing is super annoying too, but people enjoy it and it has various reputations/mounts/pets/even an artifact tied to it.
    Last but not least, I think pet battles are also going the same way as archaeology (what with the horrible "beat all dudes with x kind of pet") in terms of being too grindy, but since I'm discussing professions, I'll leave it at that.

TL,DR: if you are out of ideas for a profession, just pull the plug on it instead of dragging it around. Give the first aid treatment to archaeology aswell.
    I'd have to disagree. I enjoyed Archaeology in Legion quite a bit, and I always appreciated another avenue to grind mounts, pets, toys, etc in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people enjoy it, just because you don't doesnt mean it should be removed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than eliminate it, or first aid for that matter, update it to be relevant. Also, making them both account wide would be wonderful.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Archaeology exists for collectors, first aid is 99.5% useless.
    What do you collect? Last thing I knew was an outdated mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the days when first aid was so important for classes like Rogue and Warrior?

And arms warrior uses it to stack it with second wind. Those were the days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still need to farm the troll sword so no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Achievements, unique Tmog, mounts, toys, titles, ect.

First Aid doesn't have ANY collection value to it, and had a weird niche in that you SHOULD have it at the start of the expansion because it potentially provided actual combat-related stats, such as healing, debuff removal, ect. Except it was so poorly tuned that after a few patches, it became useless. Hell, there was a time when First Aid was MANDATORY for PvP, unlike every single other profession in the game.

Archeaology is a time sink prof, and is really how secondary profs should be - No real power gain, so if you don't like it, you can pretend it doesn't exist, but just like how fishing and battle pets exist, for those who DO like it, it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Plenty of vanity items (toys, mounts, transmogs, title), as well as heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Plenty of vanity items (toys, mounts, transmogs, title), as well as heirlooms.
    Well I guess I need to keep digging because at 750 I still havent gotten any of those -sans a mount.

Well I guess I need to keep digging because at 750 I still havent gotten any of those -sans a mount.
    You realize you have to dig the appropriate race digsites to get them or buy the crates right?

If you're digging solely on the Broken Isles of course you're not going to get anything.

Legion did it differently, you get the items off the biweekly quests picked up in Dalaran. Though there's the grinder out achievements of getting the pristine stuff.

Deleted
    imho archeology was kinda fun and sometimes pretty suprising. i remember the time my gf found a 850 necklace with 3 sockets which was pretty op at this time.

Deleted
    Best profession by far

Archeology is okay I think.

But First Aid was just no use at all :/