Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Today I bought legendary on my mage and told myself this is last one (really can't stand any farming so late into expansion) - and it was Prydaz ;D. Looks like this weekend will be final push for DPS challenges for me (and maybe some tanks if I'll be lucky).

Btw Affliction and Guardian without correct legos are still that terrible even on 940 item level? I figured that fishing for specific legos so close to pre-patch is waste of time anyway, only done it on mage because I had two potential targets (Prydaz and blink chest).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Today I bought legendary on my mage and told myself this is last one (really can't stand any farming so late into expansion) - and it was Prydaz ;D. Looks like this weekend will be final push for DPS challenges for me (and maybe some tanks if I'll be lucky).

Btw Affliction and Guardian without correct legos are still that terrible even on 940 item level? I figured that fishing for specific legos so close to pre-patch is waste of time anyway, only done it on mage because I had two potential targets (Prydaz and blink chest).
    Prydaz isn't much help on Frost, unless you make a mistake (which is usually fatal anyways). It's great on Fire (use the Command Center and Lightblood Elixir!) and Arcane (there's a fair amount of unavoidable damage from Shadowbolt, Axes, and running thru goo to get Runes, even if you play everything perfectly).

The 'other' strat on Guardian is to go Moon-bear or w/e, and use Arcane leggos to DPS outside the Aura using Moonfire. I had neither Arcane nor Eko/Luffas when I did it and it really did suck, took me 100 pulls at ~930.

I cant speak to Affliction; I had the Ring for that one and it really was trivial. There are Fear/interrupt strats which can help, but I'm not sure how much easier they make it to actually complete.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Prydaz isn't much help on Frost, unless you make a mistake (which is usually fatal anyways). It's great on Fire (use the Command Center and Lightblood Elixir!) and Arcane (there's a fair amount of unavoidable damage from Shadowbolt, Axes, and running thru goo to get Runes, even if you play everything perfectly).

The 'other' strat on Guardian is to go Moon-bear or w/e, and use Arcane leggos to DPS outside the Aura using Moonfire. I had neither Arcane nor Eko/Luffas when I did it and it really did suck, took me 100 pulls at ~930.

I cant speak to Affliction; I had the Ring for that one and it really was trivial. There are Fear/interrupt strats which can help, but I'm not sure how much easier they make it to actually complete.
    I farmed it mainly for Arcane, Sigrin was really painful for me without any self healing.

I just need to level a dk and monk, I've done all the others. I'm going to be honest and say that summoning the willpower to level these two is far harder then actually doing the challenges. Uugggh.

You're a mad man. But a mad man we deserve.

I farmed it mainly for Arcane, Sigrin was really painful for me without any self healing.
    Yep, was painful for me with both Defensive leggos!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I just need to level a dk and monk, I've done all the others. I'm going to be honest and say that summoning the willpower to level these two is far harder then actually doing the challenges. Uugggh.
    The good news is Unholy and Windwalker are without a doubt 2 of the easier ones.

The good news is Unholy and Windwalker are without a doubt 2 of the easier ones.
    I'm not surprised, all melee dps specs has been easy so far. The only one that even came close to giving me trouble is outlaw.

Outlaw felt like a bit of a roll of the dice..heh.

I have done 27/36 which are the only skins I really wanted. The last one I feel is a must-have is the Havoc skin (because c'mon, it's literally flaming glaives). I'll probably do Vengeance too just to /rude, /spit, /fart on Kruul one last time.
    After that I guess we'll see. The only ones I'll be missing are Enhancement/Restoration, all monk specs, and Subtlety; and none of those really tickle my fancy. Might do Subtlety just to have completed 5/5 on Xylem, though. But mostly because it has been by far the most frustrating one out of all of them, so completing it would feel pretty satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I have done 27/36 which are the only skins I really wanted. The last one I feel is a must-have is the Havoc skin (because c'mon, it's literally flaming glaives). I'll probably do Vengeance too just to /rude, /spit, /fart on Kruul one last time.
    After that I guess we'll see. The only ones I'll be missing are Enhancement/Restoration, all monk specs, and Subtlety; and none of those really tickle my fancy. Might do Subtlety just to have completed 5/5 on Xylem, though. But mostly because it has been by far the most frustrating one out of all of them, so completing it would feel pretty satisfying.
    Yeah that's the real kick in the teeth about Sub.... the skin sucks... as does Shadow IMO, and those are the 2 DPS I'm missing. I really should be focusing on some of the cooler healing ones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's the real kick in the teeth about Sub.... the skin sucks... as does Shadow IMO, and those are the 2 DPS I'm missing. I really should be focusing on some of the cooler healing ones.
    I remember that I gave up, went to Argus and got cloak (that increase your aoe damage spell by 35% and stack up 30 times) in first invasion, so I returned straight away and finished him. And fact that it was my last Xylem certainly helped ;P.

(heh... teeth)
    It's not great, no. Because it looks the way it does I wouldn't be too bummed out if I didn't complete it, but goddamn if it wouldn't feel good after so many failed attempts. (Thanks for the strategy for the adds, by the way)

As for the Shadow appearance, I think it looks fine depending on the tint (the heroic Kil'jaeden one is my personal favorite).

I completed the affliction one this week, with just the agony helm, at 922, it was actually really easy.
    I don’t play lock much, but this spec I didn’t even need to gem / enchant / hero etc and got it on my 8th~ try!

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    (heh... teeth)
    It's not great, no. Because it looks the way it does I wouldn't be too bummed out if I didn't complete it, but goddamn if it wouldn't feel good after so many failed attempts. (Thanks for the strategy for the adds, by the way)

As for the Shadow appearance, I think it looks fine depending on the tint (the heroic Kil'jaeden one is my personal favorite).
    Oh I'm with you, I'll be back in there next time, I'm sure of it. Like I said upthread, I just wish the fail point was earlier. Like the phases were reversed.

I completed affliction at ilvl 928, with only the cloak that increases the time of the artifact ability by 1.5 sec pr soul, and the argus ring. Just had to use the mortal coil strategy, and then burst down raest.

Guardian druid was the hardest challenge for me so far, even at ilvl 936. over 70 attempts with deffirent strategies. Found Kil'jaedens burning wish to be an amazing legendary for the challenge, and after using that, i did the fight after 4 attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did guardian druid and shadow priest this time, the only 2 i really wanted.

Guardian took me about 40 tries, the 4 adds that spawn were a nightmare for me.
    Shadow priest was so underwhelming to me i accidentally killed it thinking i was wiping. I used bear tartar and the lego chest and it was about 12 attempts total with no guide. This coming from a person that doesnt even dps at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I did guardian druid and shadow priest this time, the only 2 i really wanted.

Guardian took me about 40 tries, the 4 adds that spawn were a nightmare for me.
    Shadow priest was so underwhelming to me i accidentally killed it thinking i was wiping. I used bear tartar and the lego chest and it was about 12 attempts total with no guide. This coming from a person that doesnt even dps at all really.
    Did you use S2M or some other strategy? Asking for a friend......

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

You gonna hate me - I noticed that I have 800 essences on Druid already, so I did easier part of Antorus and bought legendary. Guess what - Luffa ;D (also I remind that I had like 1-2 legendary both on Mage and Druid ;P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you use S2M or some other strategy? Asking for a friend......

Haha hey sorry i didnt reply sooner i had work. I didnt use S2M, infact i really have no idea what that talent even does. I really think the bear tartar and the chest make is much easier. You can easily kill the small adds and have a perma speed buff to run around with.

Here is my priests armory, you can see it doesnt get much play time, the spec i have there is what i use. Its a newb frieldly spec with all passives mostly !

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...dan/petrgaizer

I wish i could help more but i dont dps a ton !

Any tips for arcane mage? I just get wrecked by melee damage when I try to push out any DPS. Never played the spec before and all I have is a frost legendary and the talent ring: worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kilrogg/aewynn

You gonna hate me - I noticed that I have 800 essences on Druid already, so I did easier part of Antorus and bought legendary. Guess what - Luffa ;D (also I remind that I had like 1-2 legendary both on Mage and Druid ;P).
    Nah grats to you! Hope it makes your life easier!