Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do skins make the game more fun?

In your opinion, do you enjoy it more if you have a certain skin?

I am considering getting some riot points to buy a few.

Yeap!! Though it's the same stuff, but visual effects and psychological effects of owning a "good skin" kinda makes you enjoy the game more HAH.

I like pretty skins too, as in like visually, I love "robots and stuff" so project skins always sounds and looks fun to me though technically it actually doesn't make any difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm skin-addicted
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

lux evolve+mastery flash on a person body.

def worth

Yes. Customization has always been a thing, and skins can just make you more invested in a character. Sometimes even make things better, if animations are different/smoother etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In your opinion, do you enjoy it more if you have a certain skin?

I am considering getting some riot points to buy a few.
    What kind of question is this? Of course they do.

It isn't an absolute nor the most important aspect of a game but it can definitely add value and joy to your overall experience.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Skins mattered a lot more to me when I was younger, was great to own the new skins etc that came out and you could show them off. Loved it.

Now though, sure I do buy a skin every now and then if I find one I like, but it hardly matters to me. Love that we can get free skins from hextech crafting though, always a blast to see a cool skin in a lootbox and just unlock it right away! (Got Worldbreaker Nasus the other day, pretty cool looking one).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I've picked up a few thanks to the personalized my store.

Got Malhazar
    2 skins for Garen
    1 for Teemo
    1 arcade/star guardian for Miss Fortune

Problem is I mostly play top and occasional jungle so maybe I got duped for the MF skin...oh well, could use for unranked.

Waiting for Jax to go on sale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you gotta ADC, now you can Arcade (SG?) MF

She's one of my preferred ADCs just because so much of solo queue ADC'ing revolves around big damage in mid/late game teamfights. Few people do that better than MF - and she can do it from a pretty safe distance
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I have over 100+ skins on my account right now lol, I am a hardcore skin collector.

I usually get 1 skin for a champion, but if I main a specific champion I will get more skin.

The only skins I just don't have are those Hextech Chest skins, like Soulstealer Vayne, Hextech Annie, don't have the $ and effort to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya I'm skin-addicted
    We all are in a way! my favorite is Gimini

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingspacesheep View Post
    Yeap!! Though it's the same stuff, but visual effects and psychological effects of owning a "good skin" kinda makes you enjoy the game more HAH.

I like pretty skins too, as in like visually, I love "robots and stuff" so project skins always sounds and looks fun to me though technically it actually doesn't make any difference.
    Psychological effect it is a fact and have much bigger impact than in CSGO for example. But only when you play really well.

Fun is subjective, but I certainly enjoy them. Only one's I'll probably never get are the hextech specific nonsense because I don't buy lootboxes. Fortunately the vast majority of league skins are still a direct purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Cosmetics have always made games more fun.

Some skins make the champ feel different, like the god skins, muay thai lee sin, pulsefire ez, spirit guard udyr etc. Those skins nice but unless there are animation changes skins are pretty w/e.

If they're from crafting I'm into it but I'm not really into spending money on LoL.

The vast majority of skins just 'blends' in and aren't even noticeable and have literally no impact on my enjoyment of the game.

There are a couple of exceptional and unique skins that i believe make the game more fun (at least for a couple of games), like God Fist Lee Sin, but there aren't many like that.

Nothing wrong with more flavour, extra flavour is always fun.

Yes it does. Meowkai skin, when you throw a sapling, it goes. "meowwwwwwww". EPIC.

Deleted
    I find playing with skins much more enjoyable my personal favourites are Mecha Sion as I love singing the Thomas the tank engine theme as I speed into enemy champions from across the map, Bbq leona because I find hitting them with the sausage hilarious xD

I love skin but I hate the feeling of wanting more

Noob question here..

How do you get skins? I just started playing; I have no skins..

I buy champions with my blue essence, but I only have a couple champs so far!